• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • master*photog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Mooresville
    Does anyone in central or southern IN have a reloading press with a 22 Hornet shell holder? I'd like to throw my die in it and see if it will size my case. I can't get my Forster coax press to work with this die.

I'm trying to see if it's a die problem or a press problem or a user problem.

Thank you

master*photog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Mooresville
    I have a 22Squirrel FL Sizing die custom made by Whidden and I'm unable to get the neck down to the desired OD of .239/.240. I've completely removed the expander to alleviate any problems with it.

With the die screwed all the way down to just off the shell holder, I can't size tighter than a .242 OD, this is way too loose for bullet seating.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure what else to look at.

Here is a video -
    https://vimeo.com/381804444

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    It sounds like the die was made with too large a neck. Had this problem with a .308 die years ago. Manufacturer replaced it.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I have a 22Squirrel FL Sizing die custom made by Whidden and I'm unable to get the neck down to the desired OD of .239/.240. I've completely removed the expander to alleviate any problems with it.

With the die screwed all the way down to just off the shell holder, I can't size tighter than a .242 OD, this is way too loose for bullet seating.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure what else to look at.

Here is a video -
    https://vimeo.com/381804444

What brass are you using?
    What is the ID of the sized brass?
    I would run the die down until it touches the shell holder and then say 1/8th more so you cam over the die when the press handle is all the way down past when it touches the die. Run a few cases and then remeasure.
    If t still doesent sie down I would ship the die back to Whidden.

I shoot 17 Squirrel, I'm a Redding die believer for the most part with wildcats. But I also use a double ended Bullberry dies for some neck changes.

Top Bottom