• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Do you have to be convicted of something before you get a pardon? Last time I checked Hillary, and the Clinton foundation have not been convicted of anything. If Trump decides to pursue further investigation, and it leads to a conviction.....Obama will be long gone and won't be able to save her ass.

IMO...Trump should let any further investigation on Hillary and her foundation go, and concentrate on getting down to business, and making America Great Again.
    Ford pardoned Nixon and he hadn't even been legally charged in court.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Honestly, the absolute worst thing Trump could do, is go after the Clintons, by re-opening an investigation that is either complete, or surely will be by the time he is sworn in. If he does that, he will certainly draw comparisons to dictators who have persecuted political opponents. I'm betting, he will quietly let that go.

So let me get this correct before we proceed............
    Going after the most corrupt couple in current politics (both un-convicted Felons) is going to be a bad thing.

He has already been called Hitler etc. How can this even equate. He has already stated he would do this. They (the Clintons) need to be shut down. Period.
    Not an Anti-Dem statement just need that family ousted from the circles of influence and power.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So let me get this correct before we proceed............
    Going after the most corrupt couple in current politics (both un-convicted Felons) is going to be a bad thing.

He has already been called Hitler etc. How can this even equate. He has already stated he would do this. They (the Clintons) need to be shut down. Period.
    Not an Anti-Dem statement just need that family ousted from the circles of influence and power.
    This is the death knell of the Clintons. They have nothing more to peddle. Neither of them will hold a position of power again.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Honestly, the absolute worst thing Trump could do, is go after the Clintons, by re-opening an investigation that is either complete, or surely will be by the time he is sworn in. If he does that, he will certainly draw comparisons to dictators who have persecuted political opponents. I'm betting, he will quietly let that go.

I will disagree. Washington will never be cleaned up unless those that commit crimes, even if their name is Clinton, are not held accountable. I do hope that Trump put's pressure on the DOJ to appointment a Special Prosecutor to open a new investigation review all evidence to make the determination if a crime has been committed and if so prosecute. The FBI and DOJ's reputation have been seriously damaged by Loretta Lynch and it would go a long way to restoring it and it will send a clear message to the rest of them, just because you're a rich politician your not above the law. You know, that "we're all equal under the law" thing that seems to missing now a days.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He can give Ruth Bader Ginsburg a reason to live...;)

Mein Trump, I wish him good health. He seems like a DOer.

Mein means My in german, I'm Finnish/Scandinavian. He is My Trump. Whats the issue?

I think that's probably what he'll do. But that's not what I want. If it's true that the Clintons use the foundation as a tool for lersonal gain, had a pay for play scheme while Secretary of State, used a private server to hide her dirty dealings from FOIA, and so on, I want justice. I want a message sent to politicians that they aren't above the law.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think that's probably what he'll do. But that's not what I want. If it's true that the Clintons use the foundation as a tool for lersonal gain, had a pay for play scheme while Secretary of State, used a private server to hide her dirty dealings from FOIA, and so on, I want justice. I want a message sent to politicians that they aren't above the law.
    The bold part should be looked at, although I imagine it will be hard to prove.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Obama will Pardon the Clintons as one of his last acts a POTUS.....I hope I'm wrong, but I see it coming...
    Can he pardon her if charges were never brought? If he did, he still won't be able to pardon himself for for being an accessory to her mishandling of classified info by emailing her with an ALIAS. Trump will need a whole dept-of-special-prosecutors to root out all the criminality in washington-district-of-corruption

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I've always said the best way to defeat Hillary is to make sure she never holds another political office ever again and that has happened.
    If Trump wants to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary's emails, Benghazi, Uranium One, etc... and possibly indite her, I think it would be appropriate.
    He does need to handle it delicately, keep his distance, and put it in terms of letting her and her cronies have their day in court.

On a different note, I hope congress pushes the Hearing Protection Act to his desk early next year. That would be awesome :rockwoot:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Here are my hopes for a Trump presidency.

I think he needs to focus on the things that will actually make America great again. Eliminate a lot of the regulations and bureaucracy that has killed manufacturing and business.

The Republiccans will have control of all three branches of government for at least two years. A lot can be accomplished if he focuses on the things he promised. Get constitutional conservatives on the benches.

As for the Clinton crime family, forget them. Pursuing them is not going to accomplish anything good for us as a nation. They are so in debt to foreign nations that have paid millions to the foundation for favors that she now can't repay. I expect the jail is no longer what the Clintons are most worried about.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I hope that Trump can get much done. More accurately, I hope he can get much UNdone:
    -- "waters of America" jurisdiction grab
    -- BLM land grabs
    -- ACA healthcare grab
    -- Sarbanes Oxley
    -- "wall st reform"
    -- SCOTUS replacements

Personally, I don't care if we build the wall. I've not yet seen a wall that someone can't climb or dig underneath. We don't need a wall....

...we need dozens of MQ-9 Reapers on 24/7 patrol with patrolling with AGM-114s.

JMO

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    As for the Clinton crime family, forget them. Pursuing them is not going to accomplish anything good for us as a nation. They are so in debt to foreign nations that have paid millions to the foundation for favors that she now can't repay. I expect the jail is no longer what the Clintons are most worried about.

Exactly-- don't waste political capital and time on them. As deserving as WJC was of all the crap from Ken Starr, the Republicans got nothing done.

Now is the time to focus like a LASER on two or three absolutely essential items and GET THEM DONE.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    De-funding of "sanctuary cities" would be a good start. Cancel exec orders regarding ICE border enforcement and deportation of the criminal aliens (at least the ones who broke MORE than just the immigration laws i.e Steinle killer, etc).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Say it after me: "Justice Ted Cruz."

I think he would be solid on 2A issues. I think he would politicize the court though. I really want the next justices appointed to be solid, no-name, no-baggage, no-drama, boring originalists. Just shut up and decide cases. Cruz just isn't that.

Top Bottom