• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While browsing the ever Second Amendment-friendly Huffington Post this afternoon I stumbled across this guy:

Sanjay Sanghoee

I invite you to read his latest three articles and return with your thoughts.

Don't bother trying to leave feedback on the articles directly, as comments there are "down for scheduled maintenance and will be back shortly".

I have nothing more to say, as it is difficult to type while vomiting.

-Paul

harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I read that article earlier, and was so taken back by the comments being "conveniently" down.

If you are going to write a controversial post, and publish it in a large digital publication like HuffPo, then you must give the readers a voice and be prepared for their responses. To do otherwise is just being an elitist coward.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I read that article earlier, and was so taken back by the comments being "conveniently" down.

If you are going to write a controversial post, and publish it in a large digital publication like HuffPo, then you must give the readers a voice and be prepared for their responses. To do otherwise is just being an elitist coward.

Or how about just an uninformed coward?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    He's just trolling. He's hoping his articles will get picked up by the right wing blogs/news. If enough people throw a fit about him, left wing news outlets will have him on to defend his position and then he can pimp his financial thriller novel. It's a scam. Scam, scam, scam.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The man is a complete and utter idiot, writing out talking points straight from handgun control (or what ever their calling themselves now).

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    This guy needs to look at what THE founding father said about guns and the second amendment.

“Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and the keystone under independence… The rifle and pistol are equally indispensable… The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.”- George Washington, 1st President of the United States

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    After reading that biased and misinformed "report" "Gun Control: It's Time to Challenge the Second Amendment" maybe I should write one entitled:

Sh*tty Reporting: It's Time to Challenge the First Amendment.

Last edited:

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    He's in denial and ignorant as he drinks wine while eating his beefsteak that he paid for with his tax incentive for voluntarily turning in his gun(s). LMAO what a freakin LOSER!!!
    Somebody's needs some attention.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Anyone seen any data supporting his statement about straw-man purchases: "guns purchased in a state are often transported to other states, where they wind up in the hands of criminals, impacting the entire nation"?

Here is what I found: "According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 40 percent of criminals obtain their firearms from friends or family and another 40 percent obtain their firearms from illegal sources on the street. Less than 8.5 percent of criminals obtain their firearms from straw purchases." taken from http://www.dontlie.org/FAQ.cfm

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I couldn't get through the whole article. I think there are plenty of countries with total weapons bans he should be able to find one to live in easily. I am sick of people immigrating here and then complaining about our country. If you don't like it then why did you move here.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    After reading that biased and misinformed "report" "Gun Control: It's Time to Challenge the Second Amendment" maybe I should write one entitled:

Sh*tty Reporting: It's Time to Challenge the First Amendment.

While I 100% thing anything on the HuffingtonCompost is worthless, uninformed and full of logical fallacies, I don't think we should start to challenge the First Amendment. That what's to stop temporary politicians from making permanent changes to what people are able to say, thus cutting off debate of valid and different view point.

My point in case is how MMFA has tried to silence anyone they don't agree with via attacking the companies that advertise on their show.

Another example is a CEO of a specific company sated their personal position on a controversial issues, the company they run was immediately attacked as being anti-$cause. Quite a bit of the rest of society decided to stand up for that company and support them. :patriot:

Finally the HuffingtonCompost had a history of deleting comment that are not inline with their thinking. IMHO they are a SuperPAC with out getting called that.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    While I 100% thing anything on the HuffingtonCompost is worthless, uninformed and full of logical fallacies, I don't think we should start to challenge the First Amendment. That what's to stop temporary politicians from making permanent changes to what people are able to say, thus cutting off debate of valid and different view point.

My point in case is how MMFA has tried to silence anyone they don't agree with via attacking the companies that advertise on their show.

Another example is a CEO of a specific company sated their personal position on a controversial issues, the company they run was immediately attacked as being anti-$cause. Quite a bit of the rest of society decided to stand up for that company and support them. :patriot:

Finally the HuffingtonCompost had a history of deleting comment that are not inline with their thinking. IMHO they are a SuperPAC with out getting called that.

I wasn't seriously suggesting that we in any way challenge the first amendment. After all, the first amendment is just as important as the second amendment in maintaining a free society. However, I do believe that "reporters" who write this kind of sensationalist, bias, and misinformed articles (no matter what their political affiliation) need to be held accountable. After all, improper use of the freedom of speech can be just as dangerous as the improper use of firearms.

(Anybody remember the USS Maine?)

Top Bottom