• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Great suggestions everyone!

To answer some of you. We did move farther away. I have good whisky on hand. I refuse overnights and made our spare room into a reloading area. It is my family so it shouldn't go too bad. In laws are not welcome in my house as far as I am concerned!

Happy holiday everyone and will pray that we all make it through another one.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My wife and I both come from blended families. Some of her side has been blended again. And she's still quite close to two different former step-parents.

We try to "hit them all" over Christmastime. Granted, we don't generally host anyone as we're definitely the geographical outliers. But I don't feel sorry for you, OP. If only you knew what we go through every year...

We did the same for many years. I gave it up and let people know that. Pissed people off but o well. My time is worth something. Precious time off should be relaxing not traveling around spending money we didn't have. We now have kids and that adds another element all together. I dont like people in my house although it is nice not having to go anywhere.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    We did the same for many years. I gave it up and let people know that. Pissed people off but o well. My time is worth something. Precious time off should be relaxing not traveling around spending money we didn't have. We now have kids and that adds another element all together. I dont like people in my house although it is nice not having to go anywhere.

Eh, right now, we're able to travel to most locations OK. We can't hit every get-together, but we try. May as well let the kids / wife see everyone she can while we're able. MY family is quite small and easy to see. HER families are the ones that are scattered from the far NE 'burbs of Chicaca to Bluffton/Decatur to Defiance to Cleveland.

We got stuck for an extra three days up north of Chicaca last year. Silly blizzard. Couldn't get home!

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    We refer to it as "The Horde". We have lots of company over the holidays. We can sleep about 11 before we have to break out the cots and air mattresses. It is chaos but Mrs. Slawburger loves it. Fortunately, everyone helps with cooking and dishes and entertains themselves. The trick is just finding a quiet place when you need a break.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    This may seem excessive, costly and not help ya out much this year..............."loan" every adult $100, make sure to call them up just before they show up next year to remind them they owe ya some $$. If they're anything like my family, you'll never see them again.

Ahhhhh, money well spent!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I usually disappear to the reloading room when I've had enough of the company

I have been followed in there before or my location found out. They start yaking and I forget what the heck I am doing. Like o poop did I put powder in that case I just crimped a bullet on????

Higginbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Columbus
    As mentioned, I think Games are a great way to make things more enjoyable. I also like to smoke or grill or deep fry the main course. Keeps you busy running in and out, gives you and the other guys something to talk about, and results in a delicious end product!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When you know they are enroute to your house, leave and sneak into their house. Drink beer and watch football all afternoon. When they get back later just say you were confused about who's turn it was and thank them for a great Christmas.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Going to fire up the smoker and do a turkey. Picked up a bottle of Knob Creek and a cigar. Be hanging in the garage for awhile.

Top Bottom