• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    @Indy
    If I understand your post correctly, you are offering Mr. Bell a fair and honest, detailed review of his $500.00 class if you are allowed to take it for free.
    Is that correct?

Yes, But i will pay for the ammo, and not expect any food or anything. Does my offer seem malicous (spelling?) in any way?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Greensburg, IN
    It is now official- I have proven I can confuse people on paper even despite my best efforts to be as clear as possible.

First- I posted this class on INgo at the suggestion of some friends and my staff here at BPR. I was reluctant to do this since it has been too easy to do it on gunbroker for people who travel to Indy to purchase a custom rifle I have built for them.

Second- It was intended to be more of a community outreach-less emphasis on sales, more on instruction and awareness that we are here in Indy,shooting well, shooting long and building great rifles :)

Third- Time.... I am a full time gunbuilder/shooter/competitor/instructor/small businessman. This is my life/living and it exceeds 7 days a week. I don't work for free. I built and delivered slightly over 100 custom guns last year and will surpass that mark very shortly. I do all my own lathe/mill work,assembly,tuning and testing. Time left over for instruction is precious,purposeful and limited.
    Donating this time for charity or public review can't be done at this time. Our public service is done through the church right now not on BPR time.

as posted by Sloughfoot- the class will stand or not on its own merit and I'm good with that. See you on the range

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    Went to meet Joe Bell today to drop off a couple of projects that are a little out of my capabilities. And I couldn't be more surprised with the level of service. Before we ever looked over what I brought, Joe grabbed an Anschutz 22LR and we headed to the range. Having never shot beyond 100yds I didn't know what to expect. We walked though the basics and went I directly to 200yds and started ringing steal with a couple of shots. We spent about two hours on the range working from 200 yds out to 425 yds. Joe went way beyond what I expected for some simple gunsmith work. I will definately be taking his coarse that has been described in the near future.

image_zpsd64139b9.jpg

image_zpsf2964a20.jpg

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Well... Judging by the work on Facebook, Bell Precision definitely customizes some beautiful guns!

Good luck with your business and glad you took your friends advice to come to INGO ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Greensburg, IN
    Thanks so much we work hard at it daily to provide the best service, highest quality and attention to detail possible. You all we be seeing our rsr scope rings in brownells, and midway shortly.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Everyone I can tell you from experience that training with Bell is worth every dollar if you value the ability to shoot well at any distance that presents itself. I've known Joe and have been shooting with him for several years, and every time I'm on the range with him he makes me a better marksmen. He has built at least half a dozen firearms for me ranging from tactical pistols, rifles, and shotguns. You won't find a better gunsmith with better attention to detail or customer service. His training far outshines the training I have received in my currently 6.5 years in the military, to include my training as a Squad designated marksmen with the Army's marksmenship unit. At Ft. Benning Georgia

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Everyone I can tell you from experience that training with Bell is worth every dollar if you value the ability to shoot well at any distance that presents itself. I've known Joe and have been shooting with him for several years, and every time I'm on the range with him he makes me a better marksmen. He has built at least half a dozen firearms for me ranging from tactical pistols, rifles, and shotguns. You won't find a better gunsmith with better attention to detail or customer service. His training far outshines the training I have received in my currently 6.5 years in the military, to include my training as a Squad designated marksmen with the Army's marksmenship unit. At Ft. Benning Georgia

Well, as long as someone with one post resurrects a year old thread to vouch for it, sign me up! Where do I send my money??

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Ok, a member needs to take this training and report back.

Isn't that what happened two posts up? Another member needs to? Why would he be more reliable? We've all been at 2 posts before. That doesn't mean we can't be trusted. Also, why not dig up an old thread if it's the only one on this particular guy/gunsmith/class. We may as well keep these things together.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Isn't that what happened two posts up? Another member needs to? Why would he be more reliable? We've all been at 2 posts before. That doesn't mean we can't be trusted. Also, why not dig up an old thread if it's the only one on this particular guy/gunsmith/class. We may as well keep these things together.

I'm not saying anything about the members reliable. Just looking for someone to do a more detailed after training report. Much like you see done on this forum after others members attend training classes.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I'm confused why me being a new member to this site makes me an unreliable source. If all the experts are on this site why is it I never heard of any of you until I joined this site. I'm not trying to offend anyone or say I'm an expert. My point is I know how to shoot well and my main reason for joining this site was to give my testimony to Bell Precision Rifles. Take this for what it's worth, if its not good enough for you we will continue on shooting small targets at extreme distances anyway.

MrCooper

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    JMWetzel says he has known Joe for several years. I think Pierce (and myself included) would like to see someone who doesn't know Joe personally take the class and give a positive review. I'm certainly interested in taking the class. Affordable and not too far away from me.

I'd like to be able to take my 308 out to 1000 yards. Currently the longest shots I've ever taken has been at 100.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm confused why me being a new member to this site makes me an unreliable source. If all the experts are on this site why is it I never heard of any of you until I joined this site. I'm not trying to offend anyone or say I'm an expert. My point is I know how to shoot well and my main reason for joining this site was to give my testimony to Bell Precision Rifles. Take this for what it's worth, if its not good enough for you we will continue on shooting small targets at extreme distances anyway.

It doesnt make you a un reliable source, it makes you a un known source. Dont take it personal, its just that you dont have enough time on this board for us to get trust the info you give as fact.

If Carlos Hathcock were a member here with 10 posts and we didnt know his name his advise would be taken with a grain of salt until we got to know him. There is so much bad info that floats around on the web you have to really be careful of the source it comes from.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I only "know" a handful of people on the board. Just because someone has 9,000 posts by joking in the off-topic area doesn't give me any more warm and fuzzies about their abilities. To me, there are people I've met personally and know well...and there are guys on the internet. JMWetzel is no different than anyone else and I'd trust his recommendation just as much as anyone else who I don't know that well. This "being well-known around the board" stuff is silly.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I only "know" a handful of people on the board. Just because someone has 9,000 posts by joking in the off-topic area doesn't give me any more warm and fuzzies about their abilities. To me, there are people I've met personally and know well...and there are guys on the internet. JMWetzel is no different than anyone else and I'd trust his recommendation just as much as anyone else who I don't know that well. This "being well-known around the board" stuff is silly.

I agree. I'm not saying anyone on here has to take my opinion as fact. I just don't want judgement being passed on such a quality gunsmith and trainer just because he nor one of his customers is not well known. Joe has said his class will speak for itself, and it does. As far myself I am a certified Squad Designated Marksmen in the Army Reserves, and serve as an instructor on everything from the M9 to the M2 50. Cal machine gun.

I will add though for everyone that wants to take the class for free there is a way. If you buy one of Bells rifles the class is included in the package for no additional cost. So you have two options pay for the class or if you want the free route purchase a rifle.

Top Bottom