• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Greensburg, IN
    My next class opening is second weekend of Oct we can do it fri or sat I have another gentelmen taking class next weekend. will ask him to wright a review for you all also

See you on the range

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    So let me just hypothetically play this out - you say that its 500$ for the class, you can have up to 2 others come with you for 100$ each. So 700$ for the first class. Second class is 250$, plus another 200$ for to others. That's another 450$ for a total of 1150$ that you let go towards the purchase of one of your rifles?

Ends up being like free training with a $1150 discount on the purchase of a rifle?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    So let me just hypothetically play this out - you say that its 500$ for the class, you can have up to 2 others come with you for 100$ each. So 700$ for the first class. Second class is 250$, plus another 200$ for to others. That's another 450$ for a total of 1150$ that you let go towards the purchase of one of your rifles?

Ends up being like free training with a $1150 discount on the purchase of a rifle?

That seems like it would be a bit more beneficial. I wonder if there is an experation on that discount?

600 yards is a no brainer and there really is not much drop to be overly concerned w/ on a .308 or above to that distance. Anybody can find some data and figure it out. 800 plus for a .308 is the bare min i would expect to recieve training on for a 500 dollar class. I wouldnt pay over 100 for someone to "teach" me how to shoot 600 yards as most of that knowlege is classroom stuff learning the basics. 500 should get you more than fundamentals of marksmanship training, and a class on MOA or mils.

I paid 575 for BOTH my wife and i to take a two day precision rifle course out to 1100 yards by black hat training in PA last year. Even that was dumbed down enough (since i already knew ballistics and MOA) that i didnt really get anything but some very expensive range time out of it.

BUT, for free training and a grand off a custom right it MIGH be worth my time, esp if i can provide the parts. 1k towards labor should pretty much allow you to buy the gun for cost.

However i have met MR. bell at a friday night steel event and he seemed like a stand up feller, even if his resume doesnt really stack that high when compared to some of the other LR classes available.

If he is up for it I would be willing to take his class for free (i already know most of what he is going to teach). BUT i would entertain the class with an open mind and give a fair and honest detailed review of the class. I would show up and use his rifle and his equipment (pay for my own ammo) and could really set some things straight on the value of this class.

This offer does not expire. But i think we should give the class a chance before we all go bashing it.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    @Indy
    If I understand your post correctly, you are offering Mr. Bell a fair and honest, detailed review of his $500.00 class if you are allowed to take it for free.
    Is that correct?

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    But i think we should give the class a chance before we all go bashing it.

I would love to come to the class and shoot.

I just don't want to sit through a 2 day class and waste $500 + ammo for something that consists of "dial this many mills, load bipod, relax, breath, and squeeze."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Greensburg, IN
    Hello all.
    I ask that you go back and read the original posting about what class covers.
    I will teach depending upon your skill and comfort level behind the rifle.
    If you feel that you have nothing else to learn, then my class is probably not for you.
    Thanks to everyone for the interest.
    See you on the range!

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I just don't want to sit through a 2 day class and waste $500 + ammo for something that consists of "dial this many mills, load bipod, relax, breath, and squeeze."

What else is there?

If the trees/brush/mirage look like this: dial this wind? If the deer/elk/bou/moose is running: lead him by this.

I'd like to meet a guy who got good at this by some means other than doing.

Top Bottom