• ...and so much more!
  • Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    My 88 year old mother is dying of cancer. We brought her to our home yesterday. She wants to go back to her home and we hope that she may be able to do that at least for a period of time. Otherwise my wife and I intend with the help of hospice to keep her as comfortable as possible for as long as God chooses to give her life. She has been a strong Chtistian woman her entire life. She is at peace with her condition and outlook with the exception of the being kept comfortable part. That is what I would request prayers for. The doctors say a 50% chance of making it 4 months but we know the timing is known only by God. Regardless of whether 2 months or 2 years, we only pray for comfort. We know the road ahead will be rough and an emotional time but these are the cards we have been dealt. A friend of hers told me the other day that " God is pleased with your mother. She has been a life long witness and blessing to countless people. She has been a faithful servant to Him." We know that our loss will be heaven's gain. We just ask that the end be merciful.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I can relate, although my situation is not as immediate or as dire. My thoughts and prayers are with your mom, your wife, and you.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Before my mom died, she said " Well, I didn't do everything I wanted to do, but, I guess I did everything I was suppose to". Sometimes the connection that people have with their God really shows.
    Prayers out for you and your family.

Bob

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Condolences. I'm going through the same with my 75 year old grandmother. She decided to stop treatment little over a month ago. Actually Just cannonballed to Lafayette for the night so I can bring some donuts back to her in the morning that she's craving...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Cancer sucks!

My prayers to all of y'all with stricken loved ones for God's embrace and comfort. I've been through this and it is a hard time. Lean on God and know your loved ones are destined for a better place...they really are.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Prayers inbound for a swift and painless (as possible) journey for her. Cancer sucks, but hospice workers are virtual angels. Their care and compassion astounded me every time I interacted with them. (x3 between my uncle, dad, and grandma)

Condolences. I'm going through the same with my 75 year old grandmother. She decided to stop treatment little over a month ago. Actually Just cannonballed to Lafayette for the night so I can bring some donuts back to her in the morning that she's craving...

Good for you! Sometimes the seemingly small things mean the most.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Your Mom is on my Prayer List! I'm doing Radiation Thearpy right now for cancer. Every morning 0930-0950 I Pray through the entire process. The good folk from Hospice are Angels! I've worked with them several times, always very Comforting! Ill Pray for a smooth transition to her Eternal Home and for Peace for all of you! What's her first name?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    O Almighty God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, wepray to You for Your servant, whose sickness is bringing her to the end of her earthly life. You are the God whose only-begotten Son taught us that not even the smallest sparrow can fall without Your knowledge, and that You hold all creation in Your merciful arms. Look upon Your servant and allow this illness to be for the death only ofthose things which are the result of evil and sin. Let herthoughts be quieted with the peace and confidence of her final deliverance into the fullness of Your love. Keep her soul and body pure, and sanctify them during the time she remains among us, that on the last day she maybe raised up with all Your saints to live with You in neverendingglory. For to You belong praise and worship, to theFather, Son, and Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages ofages. Amen

Last edited:
    Top Bottom