• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I have the M1 PPQ in 40 as well. The wife finally got to shoot it a couple weeks back. We are now looking for another M1 for her to carry. I may just peruse the walther site and see if I want to go with one of the other PPQ versions like the Navy...

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    I have the M1 PPQ in 40 as well. The wife finally got to shoot it a couple weeks back. We are now looking for another M1 for her to carry. I may just peruse the walther site and see if I want to go with one of the other PPQ versions like the Navy...

:rockwoot:
    Right on. I'd like to find one of the "first edition" series with the threaded barrel. Pipe dream probably.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Walter make a great weapon I have the 380,9mm and the 40. Like the 380 love the 9mm and the 40 is a good weapon the 9 and 40 are the M1. The only thing that I have found to be a problem is the fact that you can't go anywhere and find a mag for it like you can a Glock. The support system is not as great as the Glock. Almost all dealer sell Glocks and Smiths, Walters are not that easy to come by at a reasonable price. Dealer seam to like to mark up the Walter. My EDC is the 9 I run a 15+2 in it love the mag.

Sonney

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Walter make a great weapon I have the 380,9mm and the 40. Like the 380 love the 9mm and the 40 is a good weapon the 9 and 40 are the M1. The only thing that I have found to be a problem is the fact that you can't go anywhere and find a mag for it like you can a Glock. The support system is not as great as the Glock. Almost all dealer sell Glocks and Smiths, Walters are not that easy to come by at a reasonable price. Dealer seam to like to mark up the Walter. My EDC is the 9 I run a 15+2 in it love the mag.

Sonney

Glock has been making their style of guns since the 1980's...Give Walther a little time to catch up on the mags. If you have the M1, they are the same as some other manufaturers and can get 'em for $30 in a lot of cases...I have a few of them (Baby Desert Eagle Fast Action magazines) that I purchased for $27 a few months ago and they work just as good.

I'm sure they won't be as easy to get as Glock mags ever, but they have been trickling in and the demand will die down a bit...

EDIT TO ADD: I think finding PPQ magazines are way easier than finding M&P mags at this point as well...

Last edited:

lubemupski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Fishers
    I was sad to see they got rid of the paddle mag release. As a left hander the PPQ was a perfect fit for me with ambidextrious slide/mag controls. From what i have read from the Walther site, the mag release is reversible so at least they are still supporting us southpaw shooters.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I was sad to see they got rid of the paddle mag release. As a left hander the PPQ was a perfect fit for me with ambidextrious slide/mag controls. From what i have read from the Walther site, the mag release is reversible so at least they are still supporting us southpaw shooters.

Hold on there...Walther will be exporting the PPQ with the paddle mag release still. Expect them to be shipping soon...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The PPQ M2 has me thinking real hard. I am still on the fence about picking one up.

I have so much invested in Glock, CZ and 1911 stuff I am not sure I need to pick one up but I really am considering it.

I want something different in a striker fired pistol and I don't care for the M&P. :eek:! I know I will catch flak for that but its true. As much as I wanted to I just don't. Walther seems to have exactly what I am looking for in a striker gun. 1911-esque trigger and ergos that put Glock and the M&P to shame with no stupid safety crap.

OP, and other PPQ owners, how many rounds through yours now? Have you found a good source for accessories (mags, holsters)? Any dislikes at all worth mentioning?

Thanks!

lubemupski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Fishers
    I have around 1000 rounds through mine with out a single issue. I ended up picking up a 15 rnd mag at the 1500, and (erroneously) bought a 17 round mag for an M2 from a search I did on ammoseek.com.

I put a laser sight on the front rail, which was a bit tricky to find one that fit as it is relatively short. I ended up getting a NcStart ultra compact green laser (AQPTLMG) and it fits perfectly.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have about 2000 rounds through the M1 model. Its a great gun out of the box i have not seen a striker fired gun with a better trigger period. But alas I like my M&P more so my sister got the PPQ and she loves it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well after much deliberation I have decided to join the ranks of PPQ M2 owners. Or I will in a few weeks anyway. It in layaway right now. :(

Went back to Bradis after Shooter521 hit me with a PM saying they had the PPQ back in stock so I went up there on Sunday and fondled one for a bit. I have to say it is up there with my CZ P-01 in hand fit and feel. Maybe even, dare I say, better feeling and fitting :eek:! It is the first gun I have ever picked up that I can fully manipulate without changing my shooting grip. I can reach everything with my thumb and everything is where you think it should be. The Ergos are extremely intuitive on this pistol. And I know some of you prefer the paddle mag release I just could not get used to it. The button is so much easier IMHO.

Anyway I will be picking it up in a few weeks and then I will do a side by side with my G19.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Picked up my PPQ M2 today and haven't put it down yet. This is no doubt the most comfortable pistol I have ever held.

You will not be sorry. I have found it to be the perfect marriage of the Glock, M&P and HK.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You will not be sorry. I have found it to be the perfect marriage of the Glock, M&P and HK.

Just curious, since I've heard you say the "marriage of Glock and M&P" part before... What about Glock did you like that you didn't find in the M&P?

I can't imagine a more perfect carry gun for me than the M&P, but I'm still open to try out new guns. The only objection I've had to Walthers was the trigger guard mag release, which they've changed this year.

Top Bottom