• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I just picked up a Walther PPQ M2. Love the trigger and love the ergonomics. I haven't found anything I don't like about.

ppq.jpg

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I have read/heard great things about this pistol, particularly the trigger. Have you fired it yet?

BTW: Thanks for posting pic! :)
    Yes I have. Smooth, crisp break and short reset. I didn't want the "worthless w/o pics Nazis to come out :D
    So the only difference is the mag release?

Yes and the M1 mags won't work with the M2, or so I have read.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Had an extended range session today with the PPQ and found one major flaw and that flaw is more of my doing than anything else. I kept getting my clumsy thumb on the mag release so I had a couple FTF's. I need to work on that before I feel comfortable enough to carry it.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    I have an M1 PPQ .40. Absolutely spoiled by the trigger. Nothing else I've tried comes close. Ergos too are just as spoiling. Everything else feels like I have to adapt to the weapon, instead of it just feeling natural in the hand.

I kept getting my clumsy thumb on the mag release so I had a couple FTF's.

Ah, the beauty of the trigger-guard paddle mag release! I understand why Walther decided to make the change to the traditional thumb-button release. It was really the *ONLY* knock most ever had against the M1. I like the paddle release myself.

The more I shoot the PPQ the more I love this weapon. As soon as I get a holster it will become my EDC.

FWIW, I picked up a FoxX IWB hybrid holster for my PPQ, and if you want to open carry, the universal Fobus holster that's made for HK pistols fits it just fine.

Here's a short video to the FoxX holster:

[video=youtube;oYYlp_3oQ7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYYlp_3oQ7s[/video]

Last edited:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I have an M1 PPQ .40. Absolutely spoiled by the trigger. Nothing else I've tried comes close. Ergos too are just as spoiling. Everything else feels like I have to adapt to the weapon, instead of it just feeling natural in the hand.

Ah, the beauty of the trigger-guard paddle mag release! I understand why Walther decided to make the change to the traditional thumb-button release. It was really the *ONLY* knock most ever had against the M1. I like the paddle release myself.

FWIW, I picked up a FoxX IWB hybrid holster for my PPQ, and if you want to open carry, the universal Fobus holster that's made for HK pistols fits it just fine.

Here's a short video to the FoxX holster:

[video=youtube;oYYlp_3oQ7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYYlp_3oQ7s[/video]

Thanks for the link. I picked up a Serpa for the P99 and with a little modification it works great. I do want a IWB holster so I'll check out the FoxX

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    I wish I could have found the M1 or classic version. I love the paddle mag release on my P30L.

I've heard rumors the M1 may be back in 2014.

I was lucky to find mine, bought used FTF for less than $500, with all factory aks and box. This was almost a year ago though. (less than 2 boxes of ammo through it, reportedly)

Never had ONE SINGLE malfunction in the aprox 2k rounds through the pistol, even my hand loads. Never fired the 9mm version, but would like to some day, and the 5" barrel 9mm version is interesting!

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yes, Walther will still be exporting the "M1" to the United States. They never stopped making them, they just stopped shipping them here due to the overwhelming demand for a button mag release. The M1s are still sold in Europe.

Ironically, there is now overwhelming demand for the paddle mag release to be featured on their PPQ Navy and 5" PPQ models.

Walther has a great product here, let's hope they continue to listen to the customer.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I love the paddle mag release, with a little practice I can do a mag change much faster with the paddle release as opposed to the thumb release.

Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    The PPQ M1 is coming back in 2014 per an email I got from Walther after I signed up for their news letter. I've been trying to decide wether to wait on the M1 or get the M2.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The PPQ M1 is coming back in 2014 per an email I got from Walther after I signed up for their news letter. I've been trying to decide wether to wait on the M1 or get the M2.

Notice post #s 14 & 15...

If you think you can deal with the paddle mag release, then M1 is the way to go...works great for me. If you are used to button mag release, then run out and grab an M2.

Top Bottom