Possibility of a Group Purchase of 5.56 Bulk Ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Most mfg's are off for the Christmas/New Years holidaze...
    I got some auto responses and some requests for more info.
    No prices yet. I expect plenty of prices soon, late this week.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I'm mildly interested - so thus posting here. Like everyone else, once we get the details that will help me to be able to decide. Thanks for thinking about this!

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Revisiting. I'd we get close to the 500K minimum buy to contract our own ammunition from a manufacturer, I'd a least consider being one of the guys to buy us up to where we need to be.

I'm committed for AT LEAST 10K or more if we get the prices right.
    I'ma gonna count now, but I estimate it should be well over 100K.

Those Federal 12.5K barrels look great, that is 400/K at retail cost.

One other thing, we may have to add in a $5 fee per Buyer, (not per K) for fuel costs, there is going to be some driving involved with possible pickup and distribution. NEED INPUT on this idea, as we will have at least 5-6 folks driving & distributing for everyone, and possibly, I might have to go to Nashville, Tenn. for pick up of "barrels" if we got that Federal Deal. 280 miles from my place, then I'd take most of it up to Indy.

5 bucks on top of a $300+ order is not a bad deal, for regional delivery, then you pick your own up locally. Kinda Glad this is not TINGO lolZ!
    (Texas/IN Gun Owners) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    THE BEST (most positive) and FUNNIEST response yet, from Wolf Ammo: :D

WOLF Performance Ammunition <info@wolfammo.com>

to me:

Thank you for your interest in our products. Do you have a FFL? Where are
    you located? What calibers are you interested in? What quantities do you
    anticipate ordering in per caliber? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000? 1,000,000?

WOLF Ammo
    Customer Service Department

Anybody up for a cool MILLION??? Gotta be Brass, though... :rockwoot::ingo::laugh:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'm committed for AT LEAST 10K or more if we get the prices right.
    I'ma gonna count now, but I estimate it should be well over 100K.

Those Federal 12.5K barrels look great, that is 400/K at retail cost.

One other thing, we may have to add in a $5 fee per Buyer, (not per K) for fuel costs, there is going to be some driving involved with possible pickup and distribution. NEED INPUT on this idea, as we will have at least 5-6 folks driving & distributing for everyone, and possibly, I might have to go to Nashville, Tenn. for pick up of "barrels" if we got that Federal Deal. 280 miles from my place, then I'd take most of it up to Indy.

5 bucks on top of a $300+ order is not a bad deal, for regional delivery, then you pick your own up locally. Kinda Glad this is not TINGO lolZ!
    (Texas/IN Gun Owners) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I like the barrel idea and folks could divvy up smaller amounts out of their paid barrel purchase. I'd be in for at least 1 barrel :yesway:

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I like the barrel idea and folks could divvy up smaller amounts out of their paid barrel purchase. I'd be in for at least 1 barrel :yesway:

So that is 2+ barrels just in TH :D
    1 for ME, one for YOU lol

UPDATE:

We are well over 150,000 rounds.
    But I used everyone's top estimate, many said 1 or 2K, some said 1 or 3K,
    many said 2-4K, etc. if everone stick to that I know we can be close to 200K with the few (4-5 ) heavy hitters, as I call them. I'm hoping to personally buy 10K or more. At any price under $400/K. Hopefully WAY UNDER.

alliclaytor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Northside
    Personally i think this could be like the backpack group buy. as soon as you get details and if the prices are at 300 or less per thousand...the people could easily double their wish list quantity. Between 300 and 400 you would be about right at what they are saying they would buy. Above 400 you would see people dropping out. My personal opinion, and THANK YOU so much for looking into this.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Personally i think this could be like the backpack group buy. as soon as you get details and if the prices are at 300 or less per thousand...the people could easily double their wish list quantity. Between 300 and 400 you would be about right at what they are saying they would buy. Above 400 you would see people dropping out. My personal opinion, and THANK YOU so much for looking into this.

I agree with this. Without price information no one can commit. A reasonable estimate of quantity is not even possible without a solid estimate on price point.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I agree with this. Without price information no one can commit. A reasonable estimate of quantity is not even possible without a solid estimate on price point.

I would somewhat disagree. If everyone would commit to purchasing a minimum quantity at a specified price, a semi accurate estimate could be calculate at which point we would know a solid pricing structure. If the price was strong enough, our order would most certainly increase.

I am committing for a minimum of 1,000 rounds at no more than $400. If we get it into the $200 - $300 range, my order would double and possibly more.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I would somewhat disagree. If everyone would commit to purchasing a minimum quantity at a specified price, a semi accurate estimate could be calculate at which point we would know a solid pricing structure. If the price was strong enough, our order would most certainly increase.

I am committing for a minimum of 1,000 rounds at no more than $400. If we get it into the $200 - $300 range, my order would double and possibly more.

This ^^ :yesway:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy

Exactly. If the price fluctuates, your order may double. That is not an accurate estimate of quantity. If we had it nailed down to a closer range, say a $20 spread, we could all commit to a quantity and make negotiations a little easier.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Exactly. If the price fluctuates, your order may double. That is not an accurate estimate of quantity. If we had it nailed down to a closer range, say a $20 spread, we could all commit to a quantity and make negotiations a little easier.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm simply saying that an actual number could be discerned if everyone were to commit to purchasing a minimum number of rounds. Then you calculate the "committed" totals to see how close we are to the next price break.

Then again, I'm not the one putting it together so my input isn't really valid unless it has some money with it! :D

Again, I'm in for a minimum of 1,000 rounds at $400 or less.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012

Yeah, this is all true, but everyone I have contacted is on Holiday
    It takes time to get the info so folks can decide how much to spend. I am notifying these contacts that it is a fluid situation, order size will depend on prices, and "results may vary".

Check the reply I got from Wolf Ammo. I sent a very detailed email and they asked all the questions that I had already answered in the prior email. Duh:dunno:

Instead of pointing out the obvious, why don't you get some leads or prices for us? :D

TIA

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Yeah, this is all true, but everyone I have contacted is on Holiday
    It takes time to get the info so folks can decide how much to spend. I am notifying these contacts that it is a fluid situation, order size will depend on prices, and "results may vary".

Check the reply I got from Wolf Ammo. I sent a very detailed email and they asked all the questions that I had already answered in the prior email. Duh:dunno:

Instead of pointing out the obvious, why don't you get some leads or prices for us? :D

TIA

Indeed. It was not my intention to criticize. It is commendable that you've even taken the task. It will be awesome if you are successful. I don't have any leads or know who to contact, but I am willing to help out however I can. :-)

Top Bottom