• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    As to the bio of this "Jesse". I don't really care if an instructor is prior military or not. I just want to be confident that the person I am going to be spending my money with and trusting to train me and my wife actually knows what they claim to know and that they're an effective teacher.

I would like to that the person I am considering training with is open and honest about their history, training, and experiences. His name and service are not classified. And being a former SEAL does not automatically make him a good instructor.

I look forward to them posting the credentials of the instructors. They don't have write detailed novels but a decent summary is necessary.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I would like to that the person I am considering training with is open and honest about their history, training, and experiences. His name and service are not classified. And being a former SEAL does not automatically make him a good instructor.

I look forward to them posting the credentials of the instructors. They don't have write detailed novels but a decent summary is necessary.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt at this early stage due to the construction site that is their website. Traditionally, trainers are quite proud to post their bios so that all can see so I'd expect nothing less from "Jesse" sometime in the near future.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The web site has changed. It used to have all the BIOs on it. Jesse Barnett had a full bio, I read it. Looks like it is now under reconstruction.

Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Would like to share my positive experience at Poseidon.

Participated in the "Experience" which also required a 20 minute coaching session for first time visitors. My 12 year old son also attended with me. The coaching session consisted of basic firearm rules, safe handling procedures and familiarization with the SIRT and recoil semi-automatics. Jesse also reviewed basic stance and sight alignment. FYI my sons small hands made it somewhat difficult for him to properly grip the Glock 17 sized handguns.

We then moved to the "arena" area where we used both the SIRT and recoil handguns to fire at various targets. We also shot a type of qualification which included shooting from behind a barrier in both standing and kneeling positions as well as magazine changes. The entire time Jesse was coaching when coaching need was indicated.

Overall a good experience. I (we) plan on returning for further training.

Dale1320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for posting about your session. I've been wanting to attend some training classes with my wife and Poseidon is one that we've been looking at going too.

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    Older thread I know.

Just did the experience for my birthday today. It was great. I honestly think that just about anyone could walk away after 1 session a better shooter. Can't wait to do it again.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I just went to my first poseidon experience. I can't say enough about it. Great facility and Jesse is a great guy and teacher. I'd highly recommend this place if you haven't been. I'm considering a membership because I guarantee it will make me a better shooter.

Top Bottom