• Total voters

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    mconley,

I have spent the greater part of my adult life in some of the worst vacation spots "our uncle " can find on a map. I would venture to say I have shot more than my fair share off of the range. It has been my experience that rifle/ carbine trumps pistol almost any day.

When it happens at the range with me it is intended to. I keep several magazines of questionable manufacture on hand for range days. For the intended purpose that they jam, misfeed, stovepipe, whatever the malfunction. For training purposes. Before I carry any mag it is put though 200 plus rounds with NO incidents at all. My mags are emptied every week and both rounds and mags are cleaned and inspected.
    You seem careful, cautious, and reasonable, that said, why would you NOT carry a spare? You are cautious enough to unload clean and inspect every week, but they are STILL manufactured items made by other manufactured items, meaning THEY WILL FAIL eventually DESPITE care and caution and all preventative measures. If they fail when you need them...

Just a thought?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So does anyone carry more than 2 extra mags?
    I have a 1911 (7+1) plus 1 extra mag (7) right now on a 2 mag holder.
    I do want to get a 2nd mag to 'fill up' the holder but at the same time have been thinking would another one, two or three 2-mag holder be worth it?

Overkill perhaps?
    Is it even possible to put that much weight on ones belt and be comfortable?
    No clue...
    Measuring my belt and wasit I think I could put three 2 mag holders on my left side but then again if I need that many rounds then something is seriously round right? (Meaning am I preparing for war or the end of the world)

right now I have 15 rounds total
    with 2 extra mags that is 22 rounds
    with 4 extra mags that is 36 rounds
    with 6 extra mags that is 50 rounds

Just random thoughts

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jediagh, Google Safariland CD-45 mag holder. Been using them for several years.

Safariland CD-45 mag holder - Google Search

Thanks but I'm not sure I fully understand and the image I find is probably what is confussing me.

SAFARILAND® [Model CD-Auto Magazine Holder, Metal, Clip-On] : Holsters, Belts, Duty Gear, & Accessories for Law Enforcement, Military, Competition, and Sporting Enthusiasts

Basically the CD-45 Mag Holder clips on to the belt right? From the image it looks like a very slim profile so you could in essence clip multiple along your belt as oppose to having to use the 2mag holder which is bulkier.

If that assumption is correct then one could have 10+ mags on the belt right?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    If I need more than one magazine there should be plenty laying on the ground by the time I need it.

I've been packing since 1974 or so. Not so much for self defense as when I was running the bad lands around Indianapolis regularly. I'll carry a few extra rounds if I things seem like they might get dicey but not normally.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Thanks but I'm not sure I fully understand and the image I find is probably what is confussing me.

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=CD-AutoBasically the CD-45 Mag Holder clips on to the belt right? From the image it looks like a very slim profile so you could in essence clip multiple along your belt as oppose to having to use the 2mag holder which is bulkier.

If that assumption is correct then one could have 10+ mags on the belt right?

Pretty much. Very simple spring-steel clip. Slips onto your belt (never tried it w/o belt, but I'd imagine it would work with just pants waistband). I'll try to get a better pic up.

IMO, best thing since sliced bread.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I figure if I need more magazines or ammo, I just have to break open random crates. I'm counting on finding the occasional health pack or extra armor that way as well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Scutter01,

You need you are just going to run into AMMONATION and get whatever you may need.

ps.
    AMMONATION is the gun store in Grand Theft Auto where every possible weapon you get get for the right amount of cash.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That is why in Grand Theft Auto IV (latest version coming out this month) the AMMONATION store is no more from the last preview report I read. Guess it went out of bussiness. So where does one get guns in GTA IV? While the way all criminals get their guns: ILLEGAL ways.

Appareanlty you will have the ability to steal them from cops, buy them from "gun brokers" in the alleys, etc...

Got to love the political correct ways of GTA.

Top Bottom