• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    This needs our attention, endorsed by none other than Bloomberg's Mayors against "illegal guns"

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

ryf9Fe8.png

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    This was one of the first GC 'proposals' on Pop Vox this year ... I've been using it alot to keep track of the 50-60 GC (and a few Pro Gun) Proposals / Resolutions etc.

This was RUNNING WAY WAY the other way until late in January when D.Flipensticker introduced the AWB ... Bloomberg ran a big campaign that day and WOOSH - it flipped.

Anybody smell the cash or a .BOT ... I sure do.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I just love how they word their poll. When you hit the oppose button this is what comes up. "I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence."

So as to make us, that don't want any new anti-gun legislation, look like we are FOR gun violence. Real nice job there Bloomberg.

Scum-baggery at it's finest.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I just love how they word their poll. When you hit the oppose button this is what comes up. "I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence."

So as to make us that don't want any new anti-gun aggenda look like we are FOR gun violence. Real nice job there Bloomberg.

Scum-baggery at it's finest.

I oppose "common sense" because sense is NOT common!

Common sense said blacks were sub-human and so slavery was OK.
    Common sense said Jews were inherently inferior to Aryans, therefore it was OK to kill them.
    Common sense said nobody could hijack an airliner without a gun, therefore 9/11 was impossible.
    Common sense said Saddam Hussein had WMDs, therefore we had to invade.
    Common sense said Osama bin Laden couldn't evade a worldwide manhunt, so we'd get him quickly.
    Common sense said making mortgages available to anyone would be a good thing, so how did the meltdown happen?
    Common sense said...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My response:

---------------

Dear your representatives:

I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because... This has nothing to do with common sense.

Common sense would dictate that we have a duty to protect ourselves and our loved ones. Common sense is to enforce the existing laws, and not pass more just to "do something". Common sense would be for our elected officials to stand by their oath to uphold the Constitution, and not bow to the fleeting whims of a few vocal voters.

None of this proposed legislation would have prevented the recent tragedies. The proponents of these bills are simply using the events to push their political agenda. This is less about ending violence than it is about gaining control. Not control of the criminals, but control of the law-abiding citizen.

Unfortunately, common sense just isn't all that common.

If you respect your fellow citizens, and respect your oath of office, you will not support ANY anti-freedom legislation.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    "...End Gun Violence"??? Hell, no gun control legislation will ever reduce gun violence, let alone "end" it. The worst part about having a logical, thinking brain is realizing how many people don't.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I once watched a gun-control poll on a well-known news site. I refreshed the screen around every 30 seconds for that time. I did that for quite a while. Every time I refreshed the screen, I saw a good-sized handful (around 50) new votes against more gun control. Then, after a while, one a refresh I saw EXACTLY 5,000 votes get added to the anti-gun choice. It went on again for a while with votes regularly added to the pro-gun side, and suddenly all at once an additional 5,000 added to the anti-gun side. I watched this happen several times. The anti-gun side ended up "winning."

If anyone thinks online polls aren't manipulated by the site hosting them, they're sadly deluded.

Justin073190

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Corydon
    I always vote on these so called nation wide polls that claim 70+ % want new gun legislation and givin the amount of people that own guns in the US I find that claim BS

glockmeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Indy Northside
    "Common sense" favoring who, the victim or the criminal? I think we all know the answer to that. Guys like Bloomberg won't be happy until all us regular folks are defenseless, and all politicians are declared royalty. Just my :twocents:

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    This needs our attention, endorsed by none other than Bloomberg's Mayors against "illegal guns"

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

ryf9Fe8.png

As others have said before, a poll can be favered by the demographic area where it is taken. Also remember, figures do not lie, liars figure. I believe that is happening with all of the gun, violence polls. :twocents:

I aslo did not know a gun could be violent. I thought it was the person that is violent with a gun. Oh well, what do I know..

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I sent an email.

I oppose Nonsense Legislation to End Gun Violence

Infringing on the peoples right to defend their families is nonsense. There is nothing in any of your bills that would have stopped any of the high profile crimes that you are "using" to jade the American people. At least three of the dupes passed background checks and bought their firearms legally through FFL dealers. Others obtained them from other criminals (who would most certainly go through your new checks, I think not) or stole them (since that is a transfer I suppose in the future before a son murders his mother and steals her pistols and rifles he will have to perform a background check) so how will UBC change the way criminals obtain weapons?

Brfore the grand ma nazi's jump in I realize the last line is very awkward and don't give a d*88 what you think.

Notice I changed the line they supplied.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My response, for what little it's worth:

I oppose Common Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence because...members of Congress should feel it to be their duty to actually read the U.S. Constitution. Doing so would reveal the often-overlooked 2nd Amendment, in which the words "...shall not be infringed" appear prominently. Members of Congress should also be aware of the Supreme Court's rulings on the meaning and legal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment, which steadfastly support the individual rights guaranteed by our Founding Fathers. To willingly pass legislation which contradicts our Constitution is not only reprehensible but should be considered treasonous in nature.

Of course, according to the pie chart, the vast majority of people answering the poll have absolutely NO common sense. :xmad:

dantrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Steuben Co.
    whats the solution? we know what they are doing and its dirty lying and cheating.... what can we do about it? i refuse to think we are powerless and should just go along for the ride as as we grow closer and closer to living under tyranny.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I opposed it and shared it on every pro-gun, veteran, military page I could on Facebook. The smallest one of 12,000 followers. Hopefully, they'll see it and share it in time to make a difference.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I DO support common sense gun legislation.

However, their proposals are not common sense.

Common sense would be to have legislation that keeps guns OUT of the hands of criminals, and 100% guarantees no lunatic like Holmes or Lanza gets their hands on ANY type of weapon, not just a gun.

Come up with that law, and I'll endorse it. Common sense dictates that I should.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Common sense said Saddam Hussein had WMDs, therefore we had to invade.

And yet, enough sarin WAS found in Iraq to kill several million people, yet folks ignored that. I think anything sufficient enough to kill several million people WOULD be considered a 'weapon of mass destruction'.

But hey, what do I know? JMO.

:hijack: OVER! :D

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    MG watch your setp. Say anything good about GWB around here and you will be jumped.

Top Bottom