POLITICAL pictures - Funny (unlikely), Sad (more likely) Infuriating (most likely)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right.
    But then caring about feelings is kind of the philosophical basis for the ten commandments and the golden rule as well as wars, laws and HOA covenants.

I don't think the question is about whether we should care about other people's feelings. That depends on one's compassion. It's a very individual thing.

It's more an issue of whether policy should be centered on people's feelings. As an individual I can care about how someone feels about something. Should I be compelled to care?

Take transgenders. I can look at the inner turmoil such a person is feeling, and feel compassion for their situation. And maybe, as an individual, even try to help, but in a way I think would actually help. That doesn't mean I have to indulge delusions. It doesn't mean that society gets to have any say in.

Also, I don't think feelings is the basis for the 10C. But, the golden rule, treat others like you want to be treated, is an individual mandates. It's not a mandate to codify into law.

Top Bottom