Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Hmm. OK, let me see if I have this correctly:

Professors should actively tell Students of Color that they are correct, whether they are or not, and
    Professors should always side against a white student, regardless of correctness, rather than promote an environment of actual learning.
    Professors should not demean nor impugn a student's improper use of the language, because the student, even if mistaken, is underprivileged and the professor is not.

Finally, "Student of Color" should be capitalized, but "white" should not, regardless of historically correct usage, in which Asian, Black, and White (in alphabetical order) are all capitalized equally. After all, some of us are more equal than others, who will accept nothing short of rule over and obeisance from, the "more equal" rest of us.

Is that about it?

I don't think even this thing could have moved as much BS as these clowns are spouting.
    [video=youtube;g7i8R6ZbJio]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7i8R6ZbJio[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "are" denounced...

I charge my son $1 every time he uses the their/there/they're, or your/you're, incorrectly. I've noticed that he doesn't text me much anymore, so I may have to up my game.

On the interwebs, however, where I have no stake other than to poke fun, I ignore it. Except when it's funny.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Finally, "Student of Color" should be capitalized, but "white" should not, regardless of historically correct usage, in which Asian, Black, and White (in alphabetical order) are all capitalized equally. After all, some of us are more equal than others, who will accept nothing short of rule over and obeisance from, the "more equal" rest of us.

Let me see if I have this correct so I can update my grammar guide:

If I am an undocumented alien from the south side of the Rio Grande then I am a "Brown Hispanic".

If I shoot someone to stop my head from being grounded and pounded onto the pavement then I am a "white hispanic".

This PC stuff is all so confusing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If I am an undocumented alien from the south side of the Rio Grande then I am a "Brown Hispanic".

If I shoot someone to stop my head from being grounded and pounded onto the pavement then I am a "white hispanic".

As far as I know "white Hispanic" vs "brown Hispanic" is an FBI designation for crime statistics reporting. Spanish speaking people tend to have many cultural similarities apart from race. "Hispanic" isn't a race, is an ethnicity. So "white Hispanic" or "brown Hispanic" is just descriptive.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But ... but ... I've already been self identifying as ... something else ... on my 4473s

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    White non Hispanic.

I want to know why there are not 283 genders listed on the 4473, and why I can not email my senator or congressman unless I identify as Mr., Mrs., or MS.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    C-qkAqhUwAE9jDZ.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom