wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    a-day-without-coffee-is-like-just-kidding-i-have-4232475.png

This. I never understood people who don't like coffee. My parents both drank it (as well as every other adult I ever met growing up) and I loved the smell of it brewing in the morning. By 8 or 9 I was stealing sips from my parent's cups and by 13 or so I was stealing a half cup of it every chance I could get. I've been drinking coffee every morning now since I was 16 and couldn't imagine not starting my day with a cup. BTW, I can't stand Starbucks. I'd rather brew my own and get better tasting coffee for much less money.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This. I never understood people who don't like coffee. My parents both drank it (as well as every other adult I ever met growing up) and I loved the smell of it brewing in the morning. By 8 or 9 I was stealing sips from my parent's cups and by 13 or so I was stealing a half cup of it every chance I could get. I've been drinking coffee every morning now since I was 16 and couldn't imagine not starting my day with a cup. BTW, I can't stand Starbucks. I'd rather brew my own and get better tasting coffee for much less money.

First cup of coffee I ever had tasted like what I imagine an ashtray would taste like. Second cup was better. Next was really good. I used to be a heavy coffee drinker. In my 30s my doctor told me to quit because reasons. But I was drinking like 6-8 cups a day or more back then.

Not sure why but a few years ago I decided to have a cup of coffee for the first time in decades. Tasted like an ashtray. Next day, it tasted like heaven. I limit myself to no more than one cup of caffeinated coffee. Peet’s makes a really good decaf, so I often drink that. Haven’t had any issues.

Starbucks isn’t very good compared to Peet’s or Heine Bros, but I’ll drink it if that’s where friends or family is going.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    First cup of coffee I ever had tasted like what I imagine an ashtray would taste like. Second cup was better. Next was really good. I used to be a heavy coffee drinker. In my 30s my doctor told me to quit because reasons. But I was drinking like 6-8 cups a day or more back then.

Not sure why but a few years ago I decided to have a cup of coffee for the first time in decades. Tasted like an ashtray. Next day, it tasted like heaven. I limit myself to no more than one cup of caffeinated coffee. Peet’s makes a really good decaf, so I often drink that. Haven’t had any issues.

Starbucks isn’t very good compared to Peet’s or Heine Bros, but I’ll drink it if that’s where friends or family is going.

Coffee is literally bean water. Gross.... and people become unhinged about coffee. Isn't there like a really expensive brew that is basically eaten by cats or something, but needs to be pooped out before it is made into coffee?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Coffee is literally bean water. Gross.... and people become unhinged about coffee. Isn't there like a really expensive brew that is basically eaten by cats or something, but needs to be pooped out before it is made into coffee?

Yes. The most expensive coffee in the world ? All details about Kopi Luwak

People who decide to become "connoisseurs" of anything get weird. Beer, hamburgers, coffee, whatever. If there were two seats left on a plane and one was next to a vegan who'd just started Crossfit and the other was next to someone who'd just discovered their "sophisticated palette". I'd sit next to the vegan. If the seat was between them, I'd miss my flight.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I can't understand how people can like it. :D

I always loved the smell of it brewing but the taste is something else. Never grew to like it even though I tried in my college years.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Yes. The most expensive coffee in the world ? All details about Kopi Luwak

People who decide to become "connoisseurs" of anything get weird. Beer, hamburgers, coffee, whatever. If there were two seats left on a plane and one was next to a vegan who'd just started Crossfit and the other was next to someone who'd just discovered their "sophisticated palette". I'd sit next to the vegan. If the seat was between them, I'd miss my flight.

The guy that ate the first egg must have decided he needed something to wash it down with. It takes someone special to look at a pile of :poop: and think "I'm putting that in a cup of hot water and drinking it".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The guy that ate the first egg must have decided he needed something to wash it down with. It takes someone special to look at a pile of :poop: and think "I'm putting that in a cup of hot water and drinking it".
    It was prolly someone trolling coffee snobs. Hey, the cool people drink coffe with partially digested coffee beans. You’re just not a “real” coffee drinker if you don’t literally drink ****.

It’s like the distinction I make between audiophiles and audiosnobs. When you think spending $10K for 20 ft of speaker cable, and you insist that it makes your system sound better, you’ve jumped he rails from audiophile to audiosnob.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Coffee is an acquired taste, like alcohol. I don't think many if any like either the first taste. But then you drink more and get used to it, then enjoy it. Just my :twocents:. Now back to pics.

31282239_296815520851886_5454293220687370544_n.jpg

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Poop coffee, what a joke. It had something to do with the workers not being able to have the coffee that they harvested. So they only got the coffee beans that were crapped out. Because the animals have such discerning taste, they're the best beans. Yeah right, I bet you I can make these idiots eat ****.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom