• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • utl73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    Indiana
    Considering how many calls of service LE has each day in Indy, If LE was the problem the population would be extinguished by now.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Yeah, right. None of them have first-hand observations or experience. But blue man bad.

It's been decades since I've had interactions with IMPD, but they SERIOUSLY needed some actual men on the job rather than the brat pack/street gang they used to be...

I watched them chemical MACE (not pepper spray) and turn dogs loose on spectators of a car cruise.
    Doing nothing but watching, no complaints, no riots, nothing but the occasional burnout ON THE ROAD,
    But they sprayed, teargassed and set dogs loose on the spectators.

The speedway cops liked to stop, pat down and ROB spectators...
    I can swear to this because I was one of them.

The Hot Rod folks figured it out, we took our $4 million dollars per event and left town, screw Indy...
    Best thing we ever did.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    It's been decades since I've had interactions with IMPD, but they SERIOUSLY needed some actual men on the job rather than the brat pack/street gang they used to be...

I watched them chemical MACE (not pepper spray) and turn dogs loose on spectators of a car cruise.
    Doing nothing but watching, no complaints, no riots, nothing but the occasional burnout ON THE ROAD,

The Hot Rod folks figured it out, we took our $4 million dollars per event and left town, screw Indy...
    Best thing we ever did.
    Sure they did. Date, time, location?

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Sure they did. Date, time, location?
    Hot Rod Super Nationals, 1986
    Tear gas, chemical MACE, dogs turned loose on the crowd on Saturday night about 9:00 PM.

On Friday night I got stopped/handcuffed/frisked and relieved of about $225, just west of the Speedway,
    They said we were driving a 'Suspicous' vehicle (supercharged 460 in 70 mustang with a 5,000 vehicle car show in town)

The two other guys I was with got relieved of their cash also.
    That put a serious dent in my vacation budget...

What the cops didn't know was one was an event organizer,
    While the city begged the event promoters, it was moved to Canfield, Ohio.
    Event promoters didn't know WHERE they were going to have it the next morning, but they all knew it wasn't going to be Indy.

Later that year every single participant got a letter in their regesteration package to NOT be in Indy proper, and in particular Speedway after dark.

Canfield OH is a WONDERFUL place to have the Super Nationals, just like DuQuoin IL is a WONDERFUL spot for the Car Craft Nationals.

Now, the children won't remember, but Indy, and in particular Speedway had a LOT of problems with police in the 80s,
    Ripping off drug dealers and selling dope, lots of sexual abuse complaints...
    Don't much remember how it turned out since I was in the military and didn't go there much.
    Yup, the money they stole I made as a US Marine.

Until proven to me otherwise I won't think much of them, and I'll never forget being robed, the only successful mugging I've ever experienced.
    Hard to fight back when you are in handcuffs and having guns pointed at you.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Tear gas, chemical MACE, dogs turned loose on the crowd on Saturday night about 9:00 PM.

On Friday night I got stopped/handcuffed/frisked and relieved of about $225, just west of the Speedway,
    They said we were driving a 'Suspicous' vehicle (supercharged 460 in 70 mustang with a 5,000 vehicle car show in town)

Event promoters didn't know WHERE they were going to have it the next morning, but they all knew it wasn't going to be Indy.

Later that year every single participant got a letter in their regesteration package to NOT be in Indy proper, and in particular Speedway after dark.

Canfield OH is a WONDERFUL place to have the Super Nationals, just like DuQuoin IL is a WONDERFUL spot for the Car Craft Nationals.

Now, the children won't remember, but Indy, and in particular Speedway had a LOT of problems with police in the 80s,
    Don't much remember how it turned out since I was in the military and didn't go there much.

Until proven to me otherwise I won't think much of them, and I'll never forget being robed, the only successful mugging I've ever experienced.
    Speedway PD isn't IMPD. Nce try though.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I don't care.
    Speedway robed us, Indy PD gassed us and set dogs on us.
    We took our $4 million the event brought to the area and went somewhere else.
    That's $4 million 1986 dollars.

And YOUR attitude is why we won't be back...
    We simply go where the people & cops don't suck to spend our money.

Driving the Indy track was cool, but it wasn't worth being robbed, gassed, beaten etc.
    The event promoters told the Mayor that on Sunday when he was *Supposed* to be the MC at awards, and the look on his face was priceless!

Too late, so sad, you suck, we're gone...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I don't care.
    Speedway robed us, Indy PD gassed us and set dogs on us.
    We took our $4 million the event brought to the area and went somewhere else.
    That's $4 million 1986 dollars.

And YOUR attitude is why we won't be back...
    We simply go where the people & cops don't suck to spend our money.

Driving the Indy track was cool, but it wasn't worth being robbed, gassed, beaten etc.
    The event promoters told the Mayor that on Sunday when he was *Supposed* to be the MC at awards, and the look on his face was priceless!

Too late, so sad, you suck, we're gone...
    And now that we are the generation that makes the decisions, we don't have our conferences there, we don't have racing or show events there, you all can torque yourselves all you want,

We simply could care less what you think or do, we have a great time someplace NOT Indy.
    Canfield, Las Vegas, DuQuoin, etc.
    Like bad service and bad food in a restruant, not only won't we be back, we will tell everyone that will listen not to go there because it SUCKS!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Best thing we ever did.
    zj6gLwH.gif

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

1986? Holy hell, hold a grudge much? LE nationwide has changed TREMENDOUSLY in the last 34 years. If you don't realize that then this is a YOU problem and not an US problem. I do not excuse what allegedly happened when I was 13yrs old. However, I sure as heck will not suffer for the sins of those who likely retired decades ago.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    i have had a couple interactions with LEO’s in the day but it was , Lic. & Registration. Yes sir. They ask what’s the hurry ? I have no reason Sir. Ended up slow it down stay safe. Thank you Sir have a good day. We went on our way . So all in all “ Be polite and respectful and it is painless. When you fight or resist or run or shoot at a LEO you get what you get. In my book.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Best thing we ever did.
    I watched from farther away but I remember this crap. I don't really think Frank appreciates the extent to which he is part of one of the greatest transformations I have ever seen. It is a horrible shame that the numbskulls in the city-county building are doing everything possible to work against a department that is presently one of the best solely because of the efforts of people who for the most part are still there.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I watched from farther away but I remember this crap. I don't really think Frank appreciates the extent to which he is part of one of the greatest transformations I have ever seen. It is a horrible shame that the numbskulls in the city-county building are doing everything possible to work against a department that is presently one of the best solely because of the efforts of people who for the most part are still there.

Glad to see someone has a memory that isn't 'Alternative History'.
    The good & the bad BOTH happens, you really need to remember both...

Frank who? You have my curiosity...
    Is it Frank Obannon you wrote of?
    I met Frank Obannon a few times, friend of a couple family members, and he seemed like a straight shooter.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Glad to see someone has a memory that isn't 'Alternative History'.
    The good & the bad BOTH happens, you really need to remember both...

Frank who? You have my curiosity...
    Is it Frank Obannon you wrote of?
    I met Frank Obannon a few times, friend of a couple family members, and he seemed like a straight shooter.
    I was referring to Frank-n-stein, our member who is an IMPD officer. I think he underestimates what he and a number of then-young officers did to transform the department.

As for O'Bannon, as a conservative I held differing views on a number of issues but have a great deal of respect for him personally on account of doing things because he believed in them as opposed to crass politics and for being a very decent human being.

I will also add that I was/am impressed that O'Bannon did much to improve the functional efficiency of the state at a level most governors consider beneath their notice.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    1986? Holy hell, hold a grudge much? LE nationwide has changed TREMENDOUSLY in the last 34 years. If you don't realize that then this is a YOU problem and not an US problem. I do not excuse what allegedly happened when I was 13yrs old. However, I sure as heck will not suffer for the sins of those who likely retired decades ago.

Yes, I do hold OPINIONS for a very long time, so does everyone else.
    As for grudges, nope.
    A 'Grudge' is only heavy to the person carding it, the other side doesn't care.

I'm sure Indy doesn't care we won't come back as long as any of us have anything to say about it...
    We simply don't care what Indy thinks now, the wags in power (that were in diapers then) probably don't know about it,
    When they try and get us to bring events to Indy, we'll be glad to remind them,
    And go somewhere else...

When the Skeet/Trap National Finals were considering Indiana, that got steered away from Indiana also, I was in the room when that decision was made.
    I had no input, didn't say a word until asked, and wasn't the person that made the decision,
    But people from that event governing body had bad experiences in Indy previously.

As for retired for decades,
    Don't care.
    Past actions predict future actions,
    And these groups simply won't spend their money in Indiana.

Now, currently, the entire Auto Cross racing organizers were at the '86 Hot Rod Nationals,
    3/4 of the organizers are from Indiana,
    The past organizer/owner is from Indiana,
    And NONE of them will bring an event to Indiana, although it would be much easier for all those people.

NASCAR is seriously planning to drop the Brickyard race, they have had 'Issues'...

So it's not entirely a 'ME' problem, it's a problem created by the people and the state.
    *YOU* keep doing that 'You' thing and watched the jobs, events, ect keep moving out...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I was referring to Frank-n-stein, our member who is an IMPD officer. I think he underestimates what he and a number of then-young officers did to transform the department.

As for O'Bannon, as a conservative I held differing views on a number of issues but have a great deal of respect for him personally on account of doing things because he believed in them as opposed to crass politics and for being a very decent human being.

I will also add that I was/am impressed that O'Bannon did much to improve the functional efficiency of the state at a level most governors consider beneath their notice.

I wasn't paying nearly enough attention back then, but I do remember him being a big opponent to waste & corruption.
    HATED pay for play.

I should have paid more attention and maybe Mitch Daniels might not have happened.

I can't say a thing about the police officer, don't know him, haven't had any interaction with him.

I *Hope* he's both honest and rational, not an ego maniac/scared bunnies that standardized testing has brought to departments all over the country...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    What "issues" has NASCAR had at Brickyard? Specifics please.

Ask NASCAR about their decisions.
    Why do you ask me about stuff NASCAR has a press release on?
    That's how 'Fake News' and 'Alternative History' gets going...

NASCAR is a business, and businesses make decisions on profit/loss statements.
    Those are the only facts I'm willing to publish.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, I do hold OPINIONS for a very long time, so does everyone else.
    As for grudges, nope.
    A 'Grudge' is only heavy to the person carding it, the other side doesn't care.

I'm sure Indy doesn't care we won't come back as long as any of us have anything to say about it...
    We simply don't care what Indy thinks now, the wags in power (that were in diapers then) probably don't know about it,
    When they try and get us to bring events to Indy, we'll be glad to remind them,
    And go somewhere else...

When the Skeet/Trap National Finals were considering Indiana, that got steered away from Indiana also, I was in the room when that decision was made.
    I had no input, didn't say a word until asked, and wasn't the person that made the decision,
    But people from that event governing body had bad experiences in Indy previously.

As for retired for decades,
    Don't care.
    Past actions predict future actions,
    And these groups simply won't spend their money in Indiana.

Now, currently, the entire Auto Cross racing organizers were at the '86 Hot Rod Nationals,
    3/4 of the organizers are from Indiana,
    The past organizer/owner is from Indiana,
    And NONE of them will bring an event to Indiana, although it would be much easier for all those people.

NASCAR is seriously planning to drop the Brickyard race, they have had 'Issues'...

So it's not entirely a 'ME' problem, it's a problem created by the people and the state.
    *YOU* keep doing that 'You' thing and watched the jobs, events, ect keep moving out...

I have a solution to all of your problems!

Ohio Gun Owners

So you'd like to move to Ohio from Indiana?

Top Bottom