• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    "Oops wrong house...again." I admire our police officers greatly generally speaking, but stuff like this makes me want to rage. They come smashing in, resident thinks he's being robbed, fires a shotgun and is subsequently killed by officers.

I don't necessarily blame the officers (assuming it wasn't their fault I feel pretty badly for them), I blame whoever is responsible for storming the wrong house. They need to be behind bars.

Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House - ABC News

A 61-year-old man was shot to death by

police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug

raid on the wrong house.

Police admitted their mistake, saying faulty information from a drug informant contributed to the death of John Adams Wednesday night. They intended to raid the home next door.

The two officers, 25-year-old Kyle Shedran and 24-year-old Greg Day, were placed on administrative leave with pay.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    It takes a lot to really **** me off at 70 years of age but this tops the list. There is no words that can justify or in any way compensate for the loss of this man. The officers murdered an innocent man. The blame is in a system that has way too many faults. How horrible for the family of the man.

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    DAMN!!

Now assoma and his libtard leftist will say "see if we had taken his gun he would still be alive" mark my word it's coming!!!!!!!!!!!

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Did anyone notice the date on that story?
    I searched, it hadn't been posted before and it's something of interest to the individuals on this forum. Please feel free to continue your valuable contribution to the thread.
    I think he had a genuine question and wasn't trying to say your post is old news. I was actually wondering the same thing since there's no date I could find anywhere on the article :dunno:

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I think he had a genuine question and wasn't trying to say your post is old news. I was actually wondering the same thing since there's no date I could find anywhere on the article :dunno:

Ahh..well my bad. Googling indicates it's from around September of 2012.

2ndAmendmentdefender

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indiana
    I am no legal expert, but it would seem to be a violation of 4th amendment (unreasonable search and seizure) to kick a door in based on an informants word... most drug informants are druggies also..... this kind of situation seems to happen alot. There should be more t of a reason to kick someones door in than just a a druggie's word.

How would you react if someone kicked your door in while you are sleeping!

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    The article is dated Jan 7 of 2006 (on my phone so date and author are on the top). None the less, this is still a horrible mista

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    I am no legal expert, but it would seem to be a violation of 4th amendment (unreasonable search and seizure) to kick a door in based on an informants word... most drug informants are druggies also..... this kind of situation seems to happen alot. There should be more t of a reason to kick someones door in than just a a druggie's word.

How would you react if someone kicked your door in while you are sleeping!

Call 911 and hope they get the bad guy with a badge.....i mean gun...errrrr both

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Thats right, the cops kicked in the door because they knew there was an old man in the area that needed to be dispatched...

Im sorry to hear it happened, even if it was awhile back.

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I also saw the January of 2006 date. Touchy, touchy there CTS. It is a horrible shame that things like this happen. Puts me in mind of the little girl killed in Detroit by the SWAT team there. I certainly doubt that in this case any type of surveillance really took place. I also hate that the NAACP is involved. Certainly this was just a horrible mistake and not racially motivated.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    little info on some of the out come of this

Newsbrief: Tennessee Town Pays for Drug Raid Killing

Nice follow-up, it's all good the city insurance paid out :rolleyes: This stuff will continue to happen because there is no motivation for due diligence on the part of the police. If something goes wrong the insurance pays for it, if they shoot someone as in this case it's always going to be a "good" shoot based on the belief by the police they are drug suspects and then being shot at etc. This article said the commander was fired and charged but later acquited but didn't say if he was working again, this is a start but its unusual that this happens. I don't know of any officer that wants to kill an innocent 70 year old man but it seems entirely preventable with the most rudimentary investigation prior to the raid.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    At least it wasn't Indy. Here they wait until your naked in your own bedroom before they murder you.

http://www.google.com/#q=indianapol..._pw.r_qf.&fp=8b3ccabeaf5ce617&biw=911&bih=403

This doesn't quite do what I want, scroll down link page to 950,000 settlement. That's the article.

Give me a ****ing break. Do you know any of the details of that case? Lots of ****ed up things went on there that weren't created by the Sheriff's department.

Never seems to be a shortage of short sighted children on this forum completely incapable of objective thought.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    So back to the TN case.... I'm obviously no law officer, but if an informant gave them an address, wouldn't they want to at least do a little surveillance on a place before they commit a team to go in balls-to-the-wall ?

Top Bottom