• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I bought a case the other day. I think it is as good as it gets, for what it sells for.
    You can spend more money for higher quality, but for general use, it is very good!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ran 100 rounds this morning without any difference between it and other non-match stuff.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I've used some I got from MC Sports, and it was priced very well for new manufactured brass cased stuff, and it functioned flawlessly :)

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i've shot thousands of rounds of pmc in 9mm, 5.56, 7.62, .45 and others and had nothing but good results. some of the .45 brass was loaded many, many times.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I've seen .223 PMC ammo at Meijer for $9.99 per box. Do you guys know where I can get a better deal than that? Who has a good deal on it on-line?

Last month MCSports had it for $6.99, but their restock was going to be at $8.99.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I haven't used any since I started reloading many years ago but never had any problems with it. I still have several hundred cases that I have reloaded since the late 80s and they seem to be fine. For those who are unfamiliar with PMC it is a South Korean operation that got their start recycling tons of artillery casings that we left over there from the Korean War. They melt it down and remanufacture it into small arms ammunition. In other words, they are selling our own brass back to us. Gotta love those Koreans.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I haven't used any since I started reloading many years ago but never had any problems with it. I still have several hundred cases that I have reloaded since the late 80s and they seem to be fine. For those who are unfamiliar with PMC it is a South Korean operation that got their start recycling tons of artillery casings that we left over there from the Korean War. They melt it down and remanufacture it into small arms ammunition. In other words, they are selling our own brass back to us. Gotta love those Koreans.

NO ****?
    I had no idea!
    Very interesting, it is good stuff for the money!
    HELL, I may have to look closer at a Hyundai someday............NAH!
    :patriot:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Never had a problem with PMC centerfire ammo, so when I saw a deal on PMC .22LR I ordered up a few thousand rounds (hey, 10 bricks is still a small box! :) ) Any when it arrived I was a little surprised to see the boxes marked "Made in Mexico". That was the first warning. The stuff is so wax coated that even my garbage disposal rifles choked on it. Ran some through one of my Ruger 10/22s and found little flecks of lead on my shooting mat. Measured the bullets and found them just a bit oversize.

Plan on sticking with the Korean centerfire ammo and recommend to everyone to stay away from the Mexican made rimfire stuff.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I've used their 9mm and it shoots fine, but it's not the best for reloading. The primer pockets are too tight and the brass length isn't consistent. At least, it wasn't consistent on the lot I bought.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    PMC Precision Metal Cartridges Original name Poonsang Metal Corporation

I thought it was Presicion Metallic Cartridge, but looking at their website it says Preceision Made Cartridges. Go figure? Oh well, the stuff shoots great, they can call it Wham Bam Sweet Poonsang for all I care. :rockwoot:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    PMC... IRC, this was the brand that a gunsmith who runs his own board (shootertalk , TLee) found to be two piece brass, at least in .357sig.

Seems a customer was shooting this stuff and the case head separated. Upon closer inspection, it appeared that it had been assembled in two pieces. Terry pulled bullet, primer and powder from one of the shells supplied, and sure enough, it was a two piece case.

I've avoided the stuff ever since seeing that.

You might section yours to see if it's one or two piece...

Josh <><

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    PMC... IRC, this was the brand that a gunsmith who runs his own board (shootertalk , TLee) found to be two piece brass, at least in .357sig.

Seems a customer was shooting this stuff and the case head separated. Upon closer inspection, it appeared that it had been assembled in two pieces. Terry pulled bullet, primer and powder from one of the shells supplied, and sure enough, it was a two piece case.

I've avoided the stuff ever since seeing that.

You might section yours to see if it's one or two piece...

Josh <><

I really am doubting this is true, is there a link we could follow that has information? I can't find anything on Google and I'm not joining a board to verify this. It would seem that someone else would have been all over this by now, stuff like this really travels in the gun circles. :twocents:

Top Bottom