• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Why don't they just get rid of the separate VA facilities, give all honorably discharged vets the same medical treatment that our elected "representatives" in D.C. receive and allow them to seek care at the facility of their choice?

REALLY simple solution!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why don't they just get rid of the separate VA facilities, give all honorably discharged vets the same medical treatment that our elected "representatives" in D.C. receive and allow them to seek care at the facility of their choice?

REALLY simple solution!

Simple answer too many vets, too expensive. The VA should be eliminated, since obviously it's not doing the job it was intended to do. If it ever was to provide actual adequate coverage, the tab on it would be prohibitive. A better option, if one doesn't want to completely eliminate the program, is to maybe provide some sort of voucher, that allows them to go to the doctors of their choosing, and offset some of the costs.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Simple answer too many vets, too expensive. The VA should be eliminated, since obviously it's not doing the job it was intended to do. If it ever was to provide actual adequate coverage, the tab on it would be prohibitive. A better option, if one doesn't want to completely eliminate the program, is to maybe provide some sort of voucher, that allows them to go to the doctors of their choosing, and offset some of the costs.

I think both are better options than what we have.

If they're worried about the cost, maybe they don't need to drag out wars for a decade and a half. Get in, lay the scunion, get out, leave them pissing their pants every time they see an American flag. If you've had time to move salsa dance instructors and coffee shops onto your FOB's, you're doing it wrong.

Fewer combat vets, lower costs, even with excellent care.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Didn't read it but the title caught my attention. Maggots in my dad's gunshot wound through the neck inflicted during WWII fighting on the Russian Front saved him.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Damn I was definitely on the wrong FOB.

Yeah, apparently that was a thing at the air base in Kandahar. Maybe FOB was stretching the truth a bit. But I'm sure you saw the surf n turf in the DFAC. Just about everyone I've talked to has seen that.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Didn't read it but the title caught my attention. Maggots in my dad's gunshot wound through the neck inflicted during WWII fighting on the Russian Front saved him.

Yeah, the maggots themselves aren't necessarily the problem. They have been used for centuries to clean wounds. But in the presence of solid medical care you don't need them. It means someone isn't even being looked at, much less cared for.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    as was said, the maggots are fine, it's the care that led to them being there in the first place is the issue.

We have patients show up with maggots in their wounds at times. It's disgusting, but helpful. If they developed AT the hospital, that's a problem. IT sounds like the wounds had bandages that were stuck to them and due to pain he wouldn't let them change them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

REALLY simple solution!

Because no one wants to put the money into it. Vets are expenses, not assets, in the eyes of the decision maker.

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010

They do this but the VA is not paying the bills so the Vet gets stuck paying for the care.

VA Stiffs Doctors Who Threaten Gov. Jobs | The Daily Caller

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom