• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Slightly off-topic, but... I was under the impression that you are not allowed to carry at the fairgrounds, right? Well then why can you not carry there, but can buy and sell there?

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I see a t-shirt being made for the next 1500 gun show.
    Fran Fran- he's our man, selling full auto Glocks for 1 $Benjamin$.
    And his email address at the bottom.
    Just stirring the pot.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am going to send a letter(yes snail mail) to his editor.Then I am going to cancel my star morning paper. Idiots who let the ignorant spew half truths and propaganda get none of my money. It is people like this who know nothing and have probably never handled much less owned a fire arm in there life,who would still have me bowing to the queen.Sheeple...baaaahhh baaahhhh. I am a free man,in a free county. Won with,defended with,firearms and the blood of free men.:patriot: When firearms go, all goes - we need them every hour. George Washington

Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it. -- Daniel Webster, in a speech on 3 June, 1834

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -- George Washington

They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety,deserve neither liberty or safety. Benjamin Franklin

Freedom is not free.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I am going to send a letter(yes snail mail) to his editor.Then I am going to cancel my star morning paper. Idiots who let the ignorant spew half truths and propaganda get none of my money. It is people like this who know nothing and have probably never handled much less owned a fire arm in there life,who would still have me bowing to the queen.Sheeple...baaaahhh baaahhhh. I am a free man,in a free county. Won with,defended with,firearms and the blood of free men.:patriot: When firearms go, all goes - we need them every hour. George Washington

Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it. -- Daniel Webster, in a speech on 3 June, 1834

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. -- George Washington

They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety,deserve neither liberty or safety. Benjamin Franklin

Freedom is not free.

:+1:and repped :patriot:

KevinH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess we need to legislate hatred, predjudice, discrimination and bad attitudes out of existance. Whew, that was a close one. Adolph and Mr. Stalin did a fine job in their respective countries. No, America ain't perfect, but the freedoms we still have make it special in this shrinking world. If someone wants to be a Nazi, then have at it. Just don't break laws or try to force you philosophy down my throat. As I get older it has come to my attention that we need extreme points of view to balance things out. I'm an NRA member and think they are the extreme end of the 2nd amendment argument. We need that dedication to help keep our freedom that was won, dare I say, with guns. You must speak the language that people can understand. Sometimes it is diplomacy. Unfortunately some only know one, and that is on the end of a gun. I collect military memoibilia, and if a genuine Nazi flag comes my way I can afford I would buy it. It reminds me of the price my fellow Americans paid in more than one "war to end all wars." The atrocities of wars cannot be foregotton or dismissed to keep from "offending" some culture. What has happended in the past is offensive to mankind. Those fringe groups we see at second ammendment gatherings should remind us of why we have the freedom to do what we love. OK, I'm finished.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    By no means did i find a friend. All i said was he actual emailed me back, i wasnt expecting that. And stating that i do not mind having a back ground check done on me when buying a firearm doesnt bother me. That does NOT make me his friend. I do not want to be associated with a person like that.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    By no means did i find a friend. All i said was he actual emailed me back, i wasnt expecting that. And stating that i do not mind having a back ground check done on me when buying a firearm doesnt bother me. That does NOT make me his friend. I do not want to be associated with a person like that.

Good for you (and I didn't really think that you did) and if he hadn't misrepresented fact, and fabricated a story to fit "His" agenda then I wouldn't have a problem with him ;) either

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I emailed him and he actual responded. Why do you have a problem with all back ground checks. I do not have a problem with them at all, they take 5 minutes and i will pass every time.

I'm not the one you asked, but I'll answer anyway. Why do I have a problem with background checks? Simple. Innocent until proven guilty. I don't have to have a background check to buy a bible, a PA system, or a newspaper. I don't have to have a background check to peaceably assemble nor to petition my government for redress of grievance. I don't have to have a background check to refuse to quarter soldiers in my home against my will, to be secure in my papers and possessions, to have a fair and (relatively) speedy jury trial in which I don't have to incriminate myself or in which I may confront those who accuse me, nor to be free from cruel and/or unusual punishment. I don't have to have a background check to exercise any of my basic, fundamental rights as granted by my Creator.

Additionally, I don't have to have a background check to purchase steak knives, hunting knives, or even chain saws. I can freely purchase chemicals that with a book available in a public library or access to the internet, I can mix to create things that can do grievous harm to adults, children and other living things.

The NICS system is fraught with problems, delaying some and denying others without cause but with impunity. These qualify in my mind as "infringements". There was something written about those not being allowed, if I recall correctly.

Sure, you and I and most of us here can pass a NICS without any problem, but why should we have to? If someone has probable cause to suspect that we are committing a crime with a weapon, let him swear out a warrant and challenge us, and at the same time open himself to slander, libel, and/or defamation of character charges at a minimum when those suspicions are proven groundless. Background checks only punish those who buy guns legally, and then only at 01 FFL's premises or gun shows.

Slightly off-topic, but... I was under the impression that you are not allowed to carry at the fairgrounds, right? Well then why can you not carry there, but can buy and sell there?

IIRC, in theory, one may not lawfully carry at the State Fairgrounds during State Fair. However, I think I recall also a discussion here around that time during which it came out that that regulation was put in place by a Board of Directors, not by the Legislature, and therefore, it carries no force of law in and of itself. DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer. I would recommend against carrying at the Indiana State Fair unless a competent attorney licensed to practice in Indiana and whom you (general "you", not you in particular, Scout) have hired to represent you in the event of need advises you that it is not unlawful to do so. At that time and with assurance that you are acting within the law, make your decision yourself whether or not to carry at that location and time.

Blessings,
    B

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Hey Bill, just wondering if no background check how would you stop a felon from buying a weapon? Do we just put them on the honor system as not to try to buy a gun?

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I sent him a message and challenged him to take me to the table where the Glocks, Colts, and Uzis were going for less than $100.00.

I told him, in so many words, he was a typical left wing misinforming
    journalist who is entitled to his opinion and reminded him that it was only his opinion.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Hey Bill, just wondering if no background check how would you stop a felon from buying a weapon? Do we just put them on the honor system as not to try to buy a gun?

Buying/possessing firearms is not the only thing that the courts can restrict. When one buys an airline or bus ticket (or rents/buys a car) do we insist on a "background check" to make sure that traveling out of the local area isn't violation of parole or some other court order? When one rents an apartment, is the landlord required to check that the person isn't a fugitive from justice. And before you say that only a small percentage of the folk buying tickets or vehicles, or renting/buying a house/apartment are criminals evading the law, that is also true in the vast majority of gun purchases.

It's the police's job to investigate crimes, to find their fugitives, and to determine whether an individual is breaking the law or not by, say, violating the terms of his parole or violating a criminal sentence.

So the first thing is why is it an individual's responsibility to do the police's work for them--in particular to the inconvenience of the vast majority of folk who purchase guns who are law abiding.

Then there's the simple truth that required background checks are de facto gun registration. Ask one of our resident FFL's how long they have to keep those 4473's, under what circumstances the BATF can "inspect" them, and what happens to them if the FFL goes out of business for any reason.

The "authorities" have it backwards. It's not up to the folk engaging in commerce to prove their innocence (or shouldn't be). It should be up to the "authorities" to prove the reverse.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm not the one you asked, but I'll answer anyway. Why do I have a problem with background checks? Simple. Innocent until proven guilty. I don't have to have a background check to buy a bible, a PA system, or a newspaper. I don't have to have a background check to peaceably assemble nor to petition my government for redress of grievance. I don't have to have a background check to refuse to quarter soldiers in my home against my will, to be secure in my papers and possessions, to have a fair and (relatively) speedy jury trial in which I don't have to incriminate myself or in which I may confront those who accuse me, nor to be free from cruel and/or unusual punishment. I don't have to have a background check to exercise any of my basic, fundamental rights as granted by my Creator.

Additionally, I don't have to have a background check to purchase steak knives, hunting knives, or even chain saws. I can freely purchase chemicals that with a book available in a public library or access to the internet, I can mix to create things that can do grievous harm to adults, children and other living things.

The NICS system is fraught with problems, delaying some and denying others without cause but with impunity. These qualify in my mind as "infringements". There was something written about those not being allowed, if I recall correctly.

Sure, you and I and most of us here can pass a NICS without any problem, but why should we have to? If someone has probable cause to suspect that we are committing a crime with a weapon, let him swear out a warrant and challenge us, and at the same time open himself to slander, libel, and/or defamation of character charges at a minimum when those suspicions are proven groundless. Background checks only punish those who buy guns legally, and then only at 01 FFL's premises or gun shows.

Blessings,
    B

+1. And, the fact is that under federal law I would not be able to purchase a handgun if they all had to go through and FFL. Requiring the FFL for every transaction would not only increase the cost of selling/buying a gun, but it would be a PITA to have to go to an FFL every time.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    The "authorities" have it backwards. It's not up to the folk engaging in commerce to prove their innocence (or shouldn't be). It should be up to the "authorities" to prove the reverse.

Exactly. Furthermore, if you fear that a person will obtain a weapon to do harm to others, why the hell did you let them back into society?

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Let me make this clear. I do not like having a background check ran on me every time I want to buy a gun. That said and I am only asking, how we stop convicted felons from buying guns if we have no back ground check. Maybe this is another topic for a different thread (mods feel free). I know everyone hear knows one person that has no business owning a gun. I have asked this question before and I don't get good answers. What I get is responses like these.

Buying/possessing firearms is not the only thing that the courts can restrict. When one buys an airline or bus ticket (or rents/buys a car) do we insist on a "background check" to make sure that traveling out of the local area isn't violation of parole or some other court order? When one rents an apartment, is the landlord required to check that the person isn't a fugitive from justice. And before you say that only a small percentage of the folk buying tickets or vehicles, or renting/buying a house/apartment are criminals evading the law, that is also true in the vast majority of gun purchases.

It's the police's job to investigate crimes, to find their fugitives, and to determine whether an individual is breaking the law or not by, say, violating the terms of his parole or violating a criminal sentence.

So the first thing is why is it an individual's responsibility to do the police's work for them--in particular to the inconvenience of the vast majority of folk who purchase guns who are law abiding.

Then there's the simple truth that required background checks are de facto gun registration. Ask one of our resident FFL's how long they have to keep those 4473's, under what circumstances the BATF can "inspect" them, and what happens to them if the FFL goes out of business for any reason.

And this one

Blessings,
    B

While these are great post with valid points they don’t answer the simple question. How do we prevent the people who have no business owning a gun from buying one if a background check is not legal? You know there out there. This has got to be answered before we can really justify no checks.

Top Bottom