Places in Eville to get MRE/MRE style food?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    are there any good sources in town to buy mres or prepared non-refrigerated foods like that by the case? i know i could order some but i would rather stock up a case at a time locally to minimize attention

i would hope with ameriqual being here there would be some place to get them but they probably operate solely through contract

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    You might check the surplus store on first ave. Other than that I have no idea where to get them in town.

yeah thats one place im going to check, but i expect a) over priced, b) limited supply, and c) older cases

i need to remember to get over there and see if he has any web slings i need one for my AR

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    They don't or at least didn't have any web slings but Rajo's does. Kind of pricy but there's no shipping and they are the good ones and they are new.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Mres in Eville

are there any good sources in town to buy mres or prepared non-refrigerated foods like that by the case? i know i could order some but i would rather stock up a case at a time locally to minimize attention

i would hope with ameriqual being here there would be some place to get them but they probably operate solely through contract

https://www.readymeal.com/store/pages.php?pageid=4

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

Sent you a PM.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    APack MRE

they offer bulk pricing. maybe we should organize regional group buys (i'm in FW), if the discounts are significant. at $5.85/meal retail, these are a bit rich. you need at 48 cases to get bulk pricing. (12 meals per case @ $69.95). minimum order would be $3358... Feed 2 adults 1 square 6 days a week for nearly year. i wonder how much discount on 200 cases? is it worth me calling to find out, anyone interesting in going in on group purchase in order to get discounts?

Alternatively, you can buy a boat load of dry bulk pasta/rice etc... at Sam's club. dry Pasta noodles will last 2 years in a cool dry place. great carb source.

Anyone know any thing about freeze drying food?

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    well they replied back to me

They can be picked up at our packaging plant located near Garvin Park, however they would need to be paid for in advance by Credit card.

Thanks for your interest in APack Ready Meals
    AmeriQual Group, LLC

i think thats the way i am going to go, since i work like 2 blocks down the road from there :)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    So does anyone know what the bulk discount is? the $69.95 is the regular price.

If it is significant enough, I think some kind of group buy is possible. If we were to do it around the Indy 1500 folks from Indy could easily get into it and we could distribute at the fairgrounds.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Kingrat, we use these in our Specail Ops team at the fire dept. when we are out on Tech Rescue runs...they are friggin' good tasting meals.

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    if you guys wanna do a group buy, make a post in the group buy section

if you want em though at least now you know you can pick them up in evansville if you dont want them shipped :)

and yeah i know the ameriqual mre's are awesome, i expect the a-pack to be just as good just with less extra stuff, and sadly less menus 6 vs 20ish i believe in the military ones

Top Bottom