• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I've been shooting at Elwood for a few years. It's one of the few ranges that lets you shoot things other than paper which is great for kids. Swinging targets, pop cans, golf balls, clay pigeons, etc. Just clean up after yourself. It's a very casual place. Only downside is the drive from Noblesville. They don't provide wooden back stops for stapling up targets so if you want to shoot at paper you need to bring your own stand. There are covered benches.

kimbercollector

Marksman
    Rating - 96.1%
    49   2   0
    Jul 7, 2011
    North East Indianapolis, IN
    fall creek valley conservation club
    fcvcc.org
    90$ initial, $55 family per year after that 7-100yards...been there 6 years...never sharred the range...been lucky.
    its off exit 26 on I69... go 2.2 miles left on gilbert rd and your there...

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Been a member at ECC for 3 years. They have a 10 yard pistol backstop. 25, 50, 75 and 100 yard rifle backstops. Just added a 35-40 yard 3-gun backstop behind the club house. Members are friendly and safety conscious. They ask that members wear their membership cards in ID tag holders, while on the range.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I called them today... spoke to a really nice old guy. I'm going to take a look at it this weekend. He invited me to meet him at some barn to pay the fees and get a card. From the website, it looks really nice. Is there anyone currently on here that shoots there? I'd like more info (Negative and positive feedback) before I choose for sure. Although the price is certainly right.

Joined this year and really like it. Only had one not-so-positive experience where two parents were shooting and seemed annoyed at having their kids there. Fortunately, there was no compromise in safety, otherwise I would have spoken up. Other than that, nothing but pleasant experiences. You must have talked to Ronnie on the phone, I bet. If you're meeting him at his house and follow any sort of navigation directions, the barn you referenced is located in the alley behind the house.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Here is one of the best kept secerts for ranges.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fox Prairie Gun Club located in Arcadia Indiana.[/FONT]
    You don't have to go through a bunch of fraternity requirements to shoot! :rockwoot:

To reserve range time please email your request at least a day in advance. jeffkruse56@aol.com

Current winter range hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday - Sunday

Cost; $10:00 per hour / per person, children under 18 free.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jeff W. Kruse
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fox Prairie Gun Club

317-674-5871
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]

Geez Louise...I drive by this place damn near every day.

Do they have "full time" memberships or only do hourly?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Here is one of the best kept secerts for ranges.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fox Prairie Gun Club located in Arcadia Indiana.[/FONT]
    You don't have to go through a bunch of fraternity requirements to shoot! :rockwoot:

To reserve range time please email your request at least a day in advance. jeffkruse56@aol.com

317-674-5871
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]

Found this interesting as Mr Kruse was the inventor of the material used in shooting targets and the backstop to be used at Wyatt's range. He also use to do some of Wyatt's gun smithing. Glad to see Jeff is still doing something to help fellow gun owners.

NBLSVL.EDC.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I started shooting at Fox Prairie about 6 months ago.

At that time, he said they were planning a gun club that had annual memberships and dues. I have not heard anything more about that, though.

I haven't been in a while, but new EPA rules have changed Fox Prairie's rules a bit.

It's the best place I've ever been to shoot. You get an entire bay(50' wide or so) for the hour. You can stand at the line and shoot or place targets around and shoot and move.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero

317-674-5871
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [/QUOTE]

The actual sight is in Noblesville: SR 19 and 206th ST. Go east of the stop light about 200 yards.....driveway on southside of 206th st. Go slow...you'll see it. The other gun club is farther on down the road...off Edith Ave.

But, as per above...make your arrangements in advance.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I called them today... spoke to a really nice old guy. I'm going to take a look at it this weekend. He invited me to meet him at some barn to pay the fees and get a card. From the website, it looks really nice. Is there anyone currently on here that shoots there? I'd like more info (Negative and positive feedback) before I choose for sure. Although the price is certainly right.

I live in Cicero, only a 20 minute trip for me. But I know folks from Carmel and Zionsville that are members. Lots of positives.....NO HOOPS. No negatives. Covered benches. Archery & Combat ranges. Fishing pond. Club house. Club meetings are 1st Thurs. of the month. (Feb. 7) No mandatory attendance. Only mandatory rules: safety. Price is right. Let me know... I'd be happy to meet you there and give you the tour. :):

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I live in Cicero, only a 20 minute trip for me. But I know folks from Carmel and Zionsville that are members. Lots of positives.....NO HOOPS. No negatives. Covered benches. Archery & Combat ranges. Fishing pond. Club house. Club meetings are 1st Thurs. of the month. (Feb. 7) No mandatory attendance. Only mandatory rules: safety. Price is right. Let me know... I'd be happy to meet you there and give you the tour. :):

Thanks for the info! I ended up checking it out Saturday morning then drove over to "The garage on the back of the residential property" in town and signed right up.

Now I just have to build a portable target stand and I'll be back this Saturday to put my membership to good use! :D

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Thanks for the info! I ended up checking it out Saturday morning then drove over to "The garage on the back of the residential property" in town and signed right up.

Now I just have to build a portable target stand and I'll be back this Saturday to put my membership to good use! :D

GOOD DEAL. Welcome Aboard. I think you'll really enjoy it. I know I have. Most everybody I've met has been most helpful, friendly, and accommodating. I've never had a bad outing...and I usually go once a week...in summer, sometimes twice weekly.

So enjoy. Have any questions, don't hesitate to ask> :yesway:

Speedy2222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I tried contacting the number and email for the HCFG and got no response, i live only a few miles away and was hoping to participate at this facility. If anyone has a better way i can try to contact them please let me know.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    Do any of your guys know, does HCF&G have an archery range? I thought I had read that, but now when I check their website, I don't see it mentioned. I may have seen that somewhere else, and gotten confused. I see that elwood has a couple of hay bales for that.

My son is wanting to get into hunting, rifle and especially crossbow. So if I could find one place that would allow us to practice both, that would be fantastic. I swear I read somewhere that there was a place that had a rifle range, plus archery and a special pit just for crossbow, but now I can't figure out where that was.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I live in Noblesville and my favorite indoor range (useful this time of year) is Roby's on US31 in Kokomo. $12/hour for a lane and it's one of the nicer indoor ranges around.

Indiana Gun Club in Fishers (113th just east of Olio) has skeet/trap/clays. No membership reqd.

The Altlanta Conservation Club is a really nice outdoor range for shooting about anything you can imagine, but it's a membership deal.

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Do any of your guys know, does HCF&G have an archery range? I thought I had read that, but now when I check their website, I don't see it mentioned. I may have seen that somewhere else, and gotten confused. I see that elwood has a couple of hay bales for that.

My son is wanting to get into hunting, rifle and especially crossbow. So if I could find one place that would allow us to practice both, that would be fantastic. I swear I read somewhere that there was a place that had a rifle range, plus archery and a special pit just for crossbow, but now I can't figure out where that was.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

No archery range. Pistol bays and a couple different rifle ranges.

BOLTGUN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    NE INDY
    Check out Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club...

Its off exit 26 on I69 and 2 miles east...

7-100 yards, 90 to join and 50 a year...

Sedanman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Noblesville
    I went to Fox Prairie a couple months ago and it was nice, it was a little muddy but it had been real wet weather. I look forward to going and shooting again once the weather gets nice. As of right now I make the drive all the way to beech grove firearms for indoor shooting.

Top Bottom