• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moparracer89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    NWI
    I recently moved to Martinsville from Greenwood. Looking for recommendations for a quality pizza place, not some chain store. Suggestions?

TiMMaY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    Martinsville
    Welcome to Martinsville. I moved back about 3 years ago and to my knowledge there are not any family owned pizza joints. When I was in High School, Mr. Gattis was a happening place with good pizza, but the couple of times that I have eaten there since I moved back did not seem as good as it did when I was in High School.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Chigagos in Bargersville. I know it doesn't meet the parameters but unless you go to Bloomington (which isn't that far) you're probably not going to have much selection in Martintucky. If it's GOOD pizza, Bloomington is definitely a short trip.

Last edited:

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Welcome to Martinsville. I moved back about 3 years ago and to my knowledge there are not any family owned pizza joints. When I was in High School, Mr. Gattis was a happening place with good pizza, but the couple of times that I have eaten there since I moved back did not seem as good as it did when I was in High School.
    Mr Gattis isn't nearly as good as it used to be.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My personal favorite is Pizza King, but I'm unsure if the one closest to Morgan county is still there by the Kroger near the IU campus in Bloomington.
    However, I'm dead certain that one of the greatest pizza places in existence, Mother Bear's, is still right there on 3rd street near Jordan Avenue in Bloomington.
    There's still another Mother Bears on Walnut in town, too.
    Highly recommended.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Moparracer89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    NWI
    Well that is somewhat disappointing, I guess Ill have to head down to Bloomington. At that rate I might as well still drive to my current favorites in Greenwood/Whiteland area.

BuckeyeBrad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    THE Ville
    Monrovia has a good pizza place.......Mugg-N-Pye, they have a pizza called the kitchen sink.........order it and you will see why :)

I second the kitchen sink from Mugg n Pye. Also the Nappy Cheesesteak sandwich. Dog House pizza across the street isn't too bad either. You can eat in at Dog House unlike Mugg n Pye.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Sadly, a lot of things aren't as good as when I was in high school. :( But I hear they have pills for that now. :):

Top Bottom