• ...and so much more!
  • Irish354

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2020
    Pittsboro
    Hello,

Long time lurker first time posting. I am considering getting a BCM Recce rifle and would like to swap out the BCM muzzle brake with a Silencer Co. ASR Flash hider so I can use my Hybrid 46 can.

My question is, can it be done and how difficult would it be? Also, if it can be done, who would you guys recommend?

Thanks
    Jim

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hello,

Long time lurker first time posting. I am considering getting a BCM Recce rifle and would like to swap out the BCM muzzle brake with a Silencer Co. ASR Flash hider so I can use my Hybrid 46 can.

My question is, can it be done and how difficult would it be? Also, if it can be done, who would you guys recommend?

Thanks
    Jim
    I have a pinned and welded BCM 14.5 upper... your not getting a BCM pinned and welded muzzle device off without destroying the barrel

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a pinned and welded BCM 14.5 upper... your not getting a BCM pinned and welded muzzle device off without destroying the barrel
    So maybe buying a 16" BCM and installing a new shorter barrel is the way to go for him then?

Oh, and watch out for this guy. He's shady. I have reason to believe he runs with scissors in the office. :): :p

Dont forget to go introduce yourself in the introductions thread, Jimmy.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So maybe buying a 16" BCM and installing a new shorter barrel is the way to go for him then?

Oh, and watch out for this guy. He's shady. I have reason to believe he runs with scissors in the office. :): :p

Dont forget to go introduce yourself in the introductions thread, Jimmy.
    The BCM 16 uses a midlength gas with a midlength rail your just money ahead to use the 16 for the purpose unless it absolutely has to be shorter.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Have you considered asking Bravo if they would pin on the muzzle device of your choice to their 14.5" barrel? Especially since it's a suppressor host.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Have you considered asking Bravo if they would pin on the muzzle device of your choice to their 14.5" barrel? Especially since it's a suppressor host.
    They do sell the uppers separately, but then you would have to track down a BCM lower yourself.. or maybe just get one from someone else. When you buy just the 14.5 upper. You can chose muzzle devices, or not choose one (you get an A2). You would of course have to find someone to pin and weld it.

Last edited:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    They do sell the uppers separately, but then you would have to track down a BCM lower yourself.. or maybe just get one from someone else. When you buy just the 14.5 upper. You can chose muzzle devices, or not choose one (you get an A2). You would of course have to find someone to pin and weld it.

So, law of diminishing returns, huh?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Regarding pin and welding... the goto guy is Allen Moore. He's an advertiser here on ingo, owns Diamond Collision (with his wife).
    I literally just yesterday picked up my couple uppers he pinned and welded.
    The guy can start with bar stock and make amazing firearms, seriously mad skills.

Romero Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Greenwood
    I had a pinned/welded flash hider on a CETME. Just ground the weld down until I could see the pin then pulled it out with strong magnet. A little heat and the hider unscrewed easy enough. Replaced with SiCo QD. Not sure if BCM uses similar technique to mount their devices.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I had a pinned/welded flash hider on a CETME. Just ground the weld down until I could see the pin then pulled it out with strong magnet. A little heat and the hider unscrewed easy enough. Replaced with SiCo QD. Not sure if BCM uses similar technique to mount their devices.
    Any gunsmith could do that, if you're not worried about ever using the old muzzle device again...

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Hello,

Thanks
    Jim
    I do this pretty often if that helps

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    I second Allen Moore. He recently removed a p/w device from my 14.5 to p/w a different device on it. This is the second p/w he did for me. The first involved a barrel cut down as well.

Irish354

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2020
    Pittsboro
    I honestly haven’t. I just asked at the gun shop the other day. They told me from their knowledge it was not an option. I suppose it can’t hurt to contact BCM and find out. I’ll do that!

Cmak85

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I used ADCO Firearms in Ohio to remove and imstall a pinned muzzle device they do destroy the removed one but there install is top notch and turn around times arent too bad.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Recently, I bought a AP M5 14.5" upper.
    I had an ASR muzzle brake pinned and welded on for use with a suppressor.
    $85 and a couple of days.
    Overall barrel length came out to a legal 16.25".

Top Bottom