• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    In an effort to take agency for ourselves in the protection and training of other members of the LGBTQ community, some of us are interested in getting the various NRA certs for training. Recommendations to that effect would be appreciated. Allies who feel they could assist us in this please pm me. Thanks!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    In an effort to take agency for ourselves in the protection and training of other members of the LGBTQ community, some of us are interested in getting the various NRA certs for training. Recommendations to that effect would be appreciated. Allies who feel they could assist us in this please pm me. Thanks!

Brett Thompson probably has a couple of open spots in this Certified NRA rifle instructor class. I have taken his pistol instructor class.

Here's the course info: https://www.nrainstructors.org/Cour...tate=y&SearchState=IN&id=22&bsa=&youth=&women

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Right on, Hop and Jackson. I'll check them out. You'll have to forgive me, I haven't posted in here in like 6 years, so I'm not as familiar with flow of it all as I was, as far as the reps and stuff goes. I'll get the hang of it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Right on, Hop and Jackson. I'll check them out. You'll have to forgive me, I haven't posted in here in like 6 years, so I'm not as familiar with flow of it all as I was, as far as the reps and stuff goes. I'll get the hang of it.

Welcome back to INGO!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Dr Falken is an old friend and I would like to help support this cause.
    I'm happy to be a low level sponsor and I'd like to reach out to other INGOers and instructors to assist with getting this done. :ingo:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Due to a cancellation, on 20AUG16 I have the Riley conservation club facilities available and am free to teach a basic pistol class.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Obijohn, can you give me particulars? Your fee, time and range fees? Also, thank you very much for this offer. And thank you Bwframe, let's see if we can get something going with this.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Dr Falken is an old friend and I would like to help support this cause.
    I'm happy to be a low level sponsor and I'd like to reach out to other INGOers and instructors to assist with getting this done. :ingo:

Due to a cancellation, on 20AUG16 I have the Riley conservation club facilities available and am free to teach a basic pistol class.

I'll cover obijohn's range rental fees, if this turns into a go.

C'mon now, lets get this going...

:dunno:

I think Dr. Falken is looking for an NRA training counselor to become a certified instructor. I am not sure that's what Obijohn is offering. However, if the group rakes him up on the training offer, I would donate time, ammo, or money to help facilitate it.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Obijohn, can you give me particulars? Your fee, time and range fees? Also, thank you very much for this offer. And thank you Bwframe, let's see if we can get something going with this.

If the range fees are covered, I would like my expenses covered (consumables, travel etc). I normally charge $85 per person for a 4 hour session. I would accept $45 per person as a show of support. I will accept tips :):. Should more training, ie defensive training, be wanted, we would need to talk about it at that time.

This would be for basic pistol. Perhaps those that know me here can vouch for the level of instruction.

Also, it seems some of my students here in this discussion are willing to help, maybe they can come help with range safety officer duties.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Jackson, yes I would like for some of us to get certified but in the meantime if we can get some people an intro to basic pistol etc., well do what we can. I think pragmatism will be my watch word.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    If the range fees are covered, I would like my expenses covered (consumables, travel etc). I normally charge $85 per person for a 4 hour session. I would accept $45 per person as a show of support. I will accept tips :):. Should more training, ie defensive training, be wanted, we would need to talk about it at that time.

This would be for basic pistol. Perhaps those that know me here can vouch for the level of instruction.

Also, it seems some of my students here in this discussion are willing to help, maybe they can come help with range safety officer duties.
    Ok. Knowing that time is of the essesence, I'll still have to bounce this off the rest of the group. let me pm you on some specifics. I'm hoping we can do something, but this might be too short of notice for some. Thank you for the reduced training fee!

Top Bottom