• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    OK anybody in my neck of the woods have a HiPoint carbine I could take for a test drive?

I want a .40 carbine bad and the price is right on those.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    They might look better if they had a cheap spoiler on it.

How 'bout some rails instead? Here's the 2009 Hi-Point Carbine:
    459502.jpg

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    I have the C9 and older JH .45
    Both work well when others fail, but I'm still partial to wheels.
    Ugly never gets the chance to be laughed at by the target, and I bought mine on a Tues. afternoon, not a Saturday night.
    I trust it enough to carry, since my model 29 S&W is on loan to my widowed, mother-in-law. Yes it's simpler to operate, and reliable without fail as opposed to my HP, but she needs that.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I love my carbine! Going to order the top rail when the guy that makes them runs some more. For the money they're a heckuva lot of fun, and darn accurate. I don't feel bad throwing it in the truck and letting it bounce around. I'd cringe doing that with my AR, and its just a budget AR at that. Still got more than 4x in it as what I have in my Hi point.

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    I love my carbine! Going to order the top rail when the guy that makes them runs some more. For the money they're a heckuva lot of fun, and darn accurate. I don't feel bad throwing it in the truck and letting it bounce around. I'd cringe doing that with my AR, and its just a budget AR at that. Still got more than 4x in it as what I have in my Hi point.
    I know him, and he's taking a bit of time off for some personal issues.
    If he has it in stock, he'll ship it, but he's out of the shop for a short while.
    Unless you are talking about someone else, this is him, and he shows the rail as being in stock. Bushman Parts

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    Are the High-Point guns reliable? I know they are cheap to buy.
    After 2-3 hundred break in rounds, mine is.
    A couple thousand through it now and I don't remember the last jam I had.
    And with a lifetime warranty, if it does break, send it back to them and they repair, rebuild, or replace it. Free except your shipping cost to them, of which they usually offset by including a new spare mag with the return.
    Ugly? well maybe to some. Cheap? I say inexpensive.
    Reliable? in my experience yes. Accurate? better than I am.

Customer service? Far beyond most, if not all, others.
    I love it for what it is, a tool that simply works.
    I don't have the $$ to spend on prettier, better tools, so I found something that works, and I only have to pay for one time. :dunno::dunno:

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I have a Hi point C9 compact. When i bought it I bought 3 boxes of Blazer steel cased cheap ammo. It jammed 3 or 4 times. Then i bought some actual brass cased ammo and its never jammed once. I think people buy a cheap gun, then cheap s**t ammo and dont understand why it jams. Mine is 2 years old now, and has had about 600 rounds through it, and has onlt jammed on those Blazer s when I first got it. A good ugly little cheap gun :)

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    The first couple of fellas that replied to you have given you good (fact-based ) info.:rockwoot:

To learn more from actual Hi Point owners (not just smart-asses) click on the links in my sig. line!!!! :patriot: :yesway:

sorry. i will take my opinions based on FACT and just be quite.

hi points are pieces of **** that no one should bet their lives on. smother than pig in chocolate all you want.

you dismiss everyone who says a bad word about HP as being a smart ass. i hate to break it to you, but thats BS. i HAVE owned HPs, ignore it all you want, but the fact is they are built to a price, and marketed to people who don't know any better.

Top Bottom