• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So if he wants to buy a gun, should he be allowed to? According to you he has the right to.

He has the right to own guns as long as he's here legally he's a proper person according to the ATF.
    Buying it from a FFL is another story though and it depends on his status as a non-US national.
    But yes non US citizens (in some cases) are allowed to buy and own guns in the US.
    You can even get a LTCH as a foreign national and legally carry in Indiana.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So if he wants to buy a gun, should he be allowed to? According to you he has the right to.

He most definitely has the right to buy a gun. If he is here and has gone through the legal hoops to be here legally, yes...he has the right to buy a gun. Of if he were here illegally, he'd just need to contact the nearest government operative.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He most definitely has the right to buy a gun. If he is here and has gone through the legal hoops to be here legally, yes...he has the right to buy a gun. Of if he were here illegally, he'd just need to contact the nearest government operative.

Yep.
    They wouldn't ask what is your citizenship (US or other) on the 4473 if only US citizens could buy guns.They would just ask "Are you a US citizen? YES or NO":dunno:

What is important is if you are here legally or not.Citizenship is not a factory to legally buy a gun unless you gave up your US citizenship, in that case you can no longer buy and own guns.

c4f5f3c5_ATF-FORM-4473-pg1bg.gif

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I hope you are kidding or don't agree with his views on guns. Otherwise I would have to question why you are a member on this forum.
    I never watched Larry King, but I tape PM's show. I thought he lost it last week (on gun control) with some of his less crazy guests with his emotional rants and name calling. I do agree with his and NY gov Cuomo's views on what other measures might help reduce the violence. I'm on this forum so you don't have to rant into the mirror. Seriously, does preaching to (or singing in) the choir excite you? If you don't like my views, challenge them. I've learned a lot here. I don't agree with everything I read here though. Do you? Stay thirsty my friend.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    White House denies petition to deport Piers Morgan | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Looks like the anti 2A limey is staying. I thought this was commical "
    In Carney's statement explaining the White House's decision to allow Morgan to remain in the U.S., he acknowledges that the Second Amendment does guarantee citizens the right to bear arms, but reiterates the First Amendment guarantees the freedom of the press.".
    Funny, I thought the Constitution and the First Ammendment only applied to AMERICAN CITIZENS. Guess I was wrong.

(sorry if Dupe)

Dead wrong.

The Constitution applies to the government.

---------------------

For the love of God people, would you PLEASE stop saying ignorant things like "1st amendment right" and "2nd amendment right" It sounds like the Right is somehow granted by a piece of parchment and predicated on the permission of government.

They are Rights, PREDATING THE CONSTITUTION (FYI it wasn't signed and ratified until 1787), some of which just to happen to be enumerated in that document.

Repeal the entire Bill of Rights and the Rights still exist.

Gotta get your heads on strait people. Because if you keep acting like your Rights are privileges granted by a document, they will be a lot easier to take away.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    First of all, they aren't American rights they are human rights. When a free country recognizes and protects human rights (properly speaking anyway) it should protect the rights of all people within its borders, not just certain special people. Everyone. THAT is (or was) the unique beauty of this country that caused people to risk their lives to get here.

Second, this idea of deporting Mr. Morgan is more un-American than anything I have heard him say…by a long shot.
    Why? He is not a citizen of the USA - What in the HeXX is un-American about deporting ANY non-citizen that does not agree with the AMERICAN Constitution? Most of my family were immigrants that had to pass tests and jump hoops to become American citizens, when the quota was open. Why should that limey bastaXX be any different? (By the way the rest of my family was Cherokee so they did have a TRUE right to be here)

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    ---------------------

For the love of God people, would you PLEASE stop saying ignorant things like "1st amendment right" and "2nd amendment right" It sounds like the Right is somehow granted by a piece of parchment and predicated on the permission of government.

They are Rights, PREDATING THE CONSTITUTION (FYI it wasn't signed and ratified until 1787), some of which just to happen to be enumerated in that document.

Repeal the entire Bill of Rights and the Rights still exist.

Gotta get your heads on strait people. Because if you keep acting like your Rights are privileges granted by a document, they will be a lot easier to take away.

I love you

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    PM has a right to say what he wants. Those rights are just as god given for the 1A as for the 2A. And, people who disagree with him have a right to voice their disagreement, even in signing a petition to have him deported as a symbolic gesture.

Please don't tell me some of you actually thought that petition could possibly result in his deportation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    PM has a right to say what he wants. Those rights are just as god given for the 1A as for the 2A. And, people who disagree with him have a right to voice their disagreement, even in signing a petition to have him deported as a symbolic gesture.

Please don't tell me some of you actually thought that petition could possibly result in his deportation.

No, but it is funny they are responding to it....yes

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    The government can and has deported who ever they don't like. All they need is a judge to sign the paper work and he will be on his way. They have dun it to many times. We have people on no fly lists, we have people on watch lists. If you are on any of the lists of the government you are one step from jail or if not a citizen one step from being deported.

The thing with this guy is the government likes him and don't want to **** off the news media. They could care less that some of us want him gone.

Brian S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Toto, IN
    Why? He is not a citizen of the USA - What in the HeXX is un-American about deporting ANY non-citizen that does not agree with the AMERICAN Constitution? Most of my family were immigrants that had to pass tests and jump hoops to become American citizens, when the quota was open. Why should that limey bastaXX be any different? (By the way the rest of my family was Cherokee so they did have a TRUE right to be here)

America's founders didn't create the rights in the constitution, they recognized and enumerated them. In principle, it contradicts the very meaning of a right to suggest that the government can put conditions on them on a whim.

Frankly, the idea that we SHOULD treat people this way is disgusting and is about as intellectually weak as one can get.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    True but that is the Constitution of the United States of America. A constitution that was drafted By the People of America FOR the People of America. My opinion is that if you aren't a citizen, it shouldn't apply to you. Now I will be bashed, but again, it is my opinion. I love exercising my 1A right!
    Otherwise, what is the point of Citizenship?

I believe Miketodd is correct. I am so tired of productive, law abiding UNITED STATES CITIZENS having to give up rights, freedoms, and hard earned money to cater to illegal squaters. These squaters who do not love this country, do not respect or appreciate this country and have no intention of becoming a productive CITIZEN. People who have made their own countries an open sewer with no personal rights come here, hating us, and want us to submit to them, and their ways. What is wrong with this picture?

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    Let him go home for a while, get mugged, and come back... He might appreciate a country that puts a "fear" in a criminals heart that " this citizen might be armed and get the best of me" may be I shouldn't jack him per his wallet and jewelry

Top Bottom