• ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Nice!

If you go to Donegal, tell my family that I say "hello", OK?

Thanks.

I am not going to make it that far north.
    Rumor has it that Donegal is where my Scots/irish ancestors set out for the new world.

-J-

I've never been there, but it's on my to do list. Great pictures. How was the food? I've always heard the food is awful there.

Kinsale,the town I'm living in,is considered the gourmet capital of Ireland and the food is great. It may not be represenative of the entire country,my travels have been confined to the southwest and I have found the food to be good. I haven't missed many meals and I don't turn down bad food when I'm hungry:dunno:. I may not be the best judge

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Great pics! Spent 12 weeks working in "Nor'n Iron" (County Antrim) about 10 years ago and this spring for my 40th birthday, my wife suprised me with a 10 day trip back to the Emerald Isle. A volcano erupting nearby turned it into a 15 day trip and we had the time of our lives! Great craic is where you find it!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I am not going to make it that far north.
    Rumor has it that Donegal is where my Scots/irish ancestors set out for the new world.

We might be related.

9 generations ago, 3 brothers left Ireland, from Donegal, to what would become the US.

I still share their last name; direct paternal lineage all the way through.

One day I WILL visit!

-J-

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Kinsale,the town I'm living in,is considered the gourmet capital of Ireland and the food is great. It may not be represenative of the entire country,my travels have been confined to the southwest and I have found the food to be good. I haven't missed many meals and I don't turn down bad food when I'm hungry:dunno:. I may not be the best judge

My parents just got back in the States after 2 1/2 years in Kinsale! They really enjoyed their time there, especially how easy it is to travel to the rest of europe, but they're glad to be home.

Glad you're enjoying yourself!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Looks very scenic. Where is the rain?

I didn't take many pictures on the cloudy,rainy days. Trust me , it pisses rain a lot of the time:):

My parents just got back in the States after 2 1/2 years in Kinsale! They really enjoyed their time there, especially how easy it is to travel to the rest of europe, but they're glad to be home.

Glad you're enjoying yourself!

2.5 years would be a long time to live in Kinsale without a darn good reason:). Does one of them happen to work in pharma,if so I may know them.

Top Bottom