• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Buy fluid film spray it down yourself. How long are you planning on keeping the Taco?
    This and do it every year.

Also keep the underside sprayed off.

Nearly 220,000 miles on my 14 year old truck in NWI and the frame and undercarriage have nothing close to significant rust. Some surface a few places on the frame, but nothing more. The only body rust was where all '07-'13 Silerados have rust- over the wheel wells. If I had kept that rinsed out (dirt get trapped behind the wheel lip) and started the Fluid Film earlier, I'm sure that would nott have been an issue.

Last edited:

rutheborger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tippecanoe
    +1 for Fluid Film. Get a 5gal bucket of it and an electric paint sprayer and you're set for years. Just remember to spray the frame behind the gas tank and that your truck will smell like a burning grandma for two weeks after you apply it.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I'd have to disagree. Especially for people like me that tend to drive a vehicle until the wheels fall off. If you're someone that replaces every 3 or 4 years, then yeah. And this is Indiana, so salt is going to be a factor. Untreated metal is going to rust pretty quick.
    I keep my cars 8-10 years and have not had rust in a LONG time. I'm trying to think back to the last vehicle I had that showed any rust. probably a late 1990s Ford Ranger but that had only a spot hear or there from being beat to hell. My son drove it as his daily driver and liked to run into things.

Before that was a mid 1980s Isuzu PUP I picked up for $250 and ran into the ground, then sold for $1000. Still the rust issue wasn't.

Top Bottom