• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Oh! That's cool! Maybe I'll get him in the pool.

I'm rooting for Carpenter. Tony George is his step-dad, right? Seems to be nothing like him.
    If you met Ed on the street you'd think he was some ffa kid... honestly one of the nicest guys you'd meet, who remembers as much as the average joe.. Unlike some drivers who are too preoccupied to remember much of anything.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Pick two if you want.

I am picking simon pagenaud and Jacques villennueve.

to bad ed carpenter chooses to driver a green car.

I was up at carb day Friday and watched the final practice. I think something is sick with the engine on Carpenter;s car. When we would start it would blow a lot of blue smoke out of the pipes. None of the other cars were doing that. I'm wondering if he has something leaking a little oil (valve stem seal or something) into the cylinders that might be a problem for him later in the race. He was in 2x during practice and they had the cowls off both sides and then started him up with the same blue cloud...not good... not good.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    I was up at carb day Friday and watched the final practice. I think something is sick with the engine on Carpenter;s car. When we would start it would blow a lot of blue smoke out of the pipes. None of the other cars were doing that. I'm wondering if he has something leaking a little oil (valve stem seal or something) into the cylinders that might be a problem for him later in the race. He was in 2x during practice and they had the cowls off both sides and then started him up with the same blue cloud...not good... not good.

?? Are'nt they allowed to pretty much overhaul the entire motor/car the only thing that i recall that has to stay the same is the Numbers on the tub and block.
    And my pick is Will Powers ! but i am hoping Helio can pull it off in the retro (Rick Mears) Pennzoil car

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    This is a hard one to pick with the cars separated from 1 to 33 by just over 2 seconds. Another new twist was the Monday practice after qualifying. The back of the field has never really had a chance to work on race setups until this year. That said, the Ganassi boys are going to be really tough. TK and Dixon appear to be hooked up with their race setups.

One thing is for sure. You've got to have a big pair to win this thing, and the field is loaded with people aggressive enough to do it.

I'm a Chevy guy, but Simon Pageneaud is the guy to watch, IMO. He appears to me to have the momentum this season. After him, I'd have to say Ryan Hunter-Reay. I think he's the most competitive driver in the field, at the moment, closely followed by Pageneaud.

That said, I can't wait to see Kurt Busch and Juan Pablo Montoya.

A fun one to watch might be Buddy Lazier. I think he's one of the best on this track. He's low budget, and starting 33rd, but quietly showed 14th quick on Carb Day. That guy has a pair as big as church bells, when it comes to the Indy 500. I think he had his 2nd win stolen from him back a few years ago when racing for Panther. He'd moved into the top 5 with about 20 to go and was on the charge when Scott Sharp moved over, cut him off, and broke his front wing.

I'd have loved to have seen Panther stay together and run Buddy again. They've always had fantastic setups for Indy.

This thing's going to be a barn burner today, for sure!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well, dunno about the Indy 500 winner yet, but the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monaco winner was someone named Nico Rosberg who also started the race in pole position.

Meh! Typical Formula 1. F1 depends on starting position more than any other racing series I've seen. The ones I've been to had more racing for the also rans than for the winner. Seems like whoever makes it to turn one first on the first lap ends up winning. The crowd is entertaining as hell though!!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    This is a hard one to pick with the cars separated from 1 to 33 by just over 2 seconds. Another new twist was the Monday practice after qualifying. The back of the field has never really had a chance to work on race setups until this year. That said, the Ganassi boys are going to be really tough. TK and Dixon appear to be hooked up with their race setups.

One thing is for sure. You've got to have a big pair to win this thing, and the field is loaded with people aggressive enough to do it.

I'm a Chevy guy, but Simon Pageneaud is the guy to watch, IMO. He appears to me to have the momentum this season. After him, I'd have to say Ryan Hunter-Reay. I think he's the most competitive driver in the field, at the moment, closely followed by Pageneaud.

That said, I can't wait to see Kurt Busch and Juan Pablo Montoya.

A fun one to watch might be Buddy Lazier. I think he's one of the best on this track. He's low budget, and starting 33rd, but quietly showed 14th quick on Carb Day. That guy has a pair as big as church bells, when it comes to the Indy 500. I think he had his 2nd win stolen from him back a few years ago when racing for Panther. He'd moved into the top 5 with about 20 to go and was on the charge when Scott Sharp moved over, cut him off, and broke his front wing.

I'd have loved to have seen Panther stay together and run Buddy again. They've always had fantastic setups for Indy.

This thing's going to be a barn burner today, for sure!

Lol... Did you say barnes burner?

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    The Indy 500 doesn't hold my attention like it did in my youth when Foyt and the boys were getting it on and truly seemed to hate each other. As always, I pull for anyone other than Castroneves.

At this time, however, I think I will pick Hunter-Reay for the win.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    i did enjoy them going 175 laps before an incident... At the highest speeds since who knows when... They removed turbo chargers, and rev limited speeds for safety... Now they open em up, and we see a record setting race in terms of incidents. Kudos to the drivers

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Sage Karam #22

Oh! That's cool! Maybe I'll get him in the pool.

I'm rooting for Carpenter. Tony George is his step-dad, right? Seems to be nothing like him.

Sage did a REALLY GOOD JOB today. I did draft him in today's pool. Would have been amazing if he had won. It was fun watching him move up, conduct himself very well in the heat of the race. I'm now a fan!

Top Bottom