• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Amphibious assault ships have been deployed, irregular troops are inside the Ukraine now giving Putin a reason to invade...the invasion has already begun.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Your posts focus on the economic and cultural reasons why Russia will not attack/invade eastern Ukraine. Same reasoning would have applied to Germany prior to WWI. France was their largest trading partner, yet Germany still attacked. Looking back, most wars make no sense. Even Vietnam and the 2003 Iraq invasion were huge mistakes. Yet here we are with100,000 Russian troops mobilized near the eastern Ukraine border.

I was deployed in 1999 for the Kosovo crisis (Operation Forget Monica). From my experience, government leaders have big egos and make stupid choices.
    One of my troops was there with the Flying Tigers. Remember telling him that I couldn’t pronounce the name of the place he was going, or tell him when he’ll be back. Per diem was awesome though…

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Intel scuttlebutt is that thousands of Russian reservists were called up and were loading on buses. Unverified at the moment, but a few sources reporting...

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    One of my troops was there with the Flying Tigers. Remember telling him that I couldn’t pronounce the name of the place he was going, or tell him when he’ll be back. Per diem was awesome though…
    We got $5 a day per diem and MREs/unitized meals through the Army chow hall.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We got $5 a day per diem and MREs/unitized meals through the Army chow hall.
    The 74th FS's birds were where ever Spangdahlem's A-10s were based. Seems like it was in the boot-heel of Italy.

Edit: I just remembered another Military BS story from these days!

Last edited:

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    Same reasoning would have applied to Germany prior to WWI. France was their largest trading partner, yet Germany still attacked.
    Sigh. Franco-German beef goes back centuries. It's like such a well-known thing, there's a special term for it and a dedicated Wikipedia article.
    But "muh trading partners." Yeah.
    French–German (Franco-German) enmity[1] (French: Rivalité franco-allemande, German: Deutsch–französische Erbfeindschaft) was the idea of unavoidably hostile relations and mutual revanchism between Germans (including Austrians) and French people that arose in the 16th century and became popular with the Franco-Prussian War of 1870–1871. It was an important factor in the unification of Germany (excluding Austria), and World War I, and ended after World War II, when under the influence of the Cold War West Germany and France both became part of NATO and the European Coal and Steel Community.

Looking back, most wars make no sense. Even Vietnam and the 2003 Iraq invasion were huge mistakes.
    LMAO, really?! Make no sense... for whom?
    E.g.,
    To put this war profiteering into perspective, if one had purchased $10,000 of stocks and evenly divided among those top five defence contractors – Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman and General Dynamics – it would now be worth almost $100,000, a greater return than the rest of the S&P over the last two decades.

-----------------------------------------------

And finally, here's the glorious media history of the dire predictions of the "Russian invasion."

This has been going on for over 7 f**king years. Same sh*t. Same hook. Same line. Same sinker.

Even the numbers are the f**king same.
    > ALMOST 100,000 RUSSIAN TROOPS POISED FOR OFFENSIVE AGAINST UKRAINE (February 2019)
    > Russia might be preparing to invade Ukraine right now (April 2020)
    > Russia deploys nearly 87,000 soldiers along border with Ukraine, - Armed Forces (July 2020)

61g4ey.jpg

Come think about it, all these "news articles" sound like a typical shower gel ad: there's 25% more in the same bottle every time the picture gets a facelift.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Sigh. Franco-German beef goes back centuries. It's like such a well-known thing, there's a special term for it and a dedicated Wikipedia article.
    But "muh trading partners."

LMAO, really?! Make no sense... for whom?

-----------------------------------------------

And finally, here's the glorious media history of the dire predictions

Come think about it, all these "news articles" sound like a typical shower gel ad: there's 25% more in the same bottle every time the picture gets a facelift.

This video presents a balanced view on the current situation. It mirrors my points of view regarding the topic of Russia invading Ukraine.

Regarding why countries go to war? There are hundreds of different reasons why they expend blood and treasure to reach their objectives. Often in the long run, it is never worth the price paid by those who fight the battles. After thirty years of military service, I have grown wary of political leaders blustering for military interventions.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Amphibious assault ships have been deployed, irregular troops are inside the Ukraine now giving Putin a reason to invade...the invasion has already begun.
    Maybe the invasion is to try to rid Ukraine of the meddling US spooks and paid fighters?

Maybe Lt Colonel Vindman left too many of his nation building buddies in Kiev and they need something to do?

Maybe Ambassador Yovanovitch feel the need to topple another Ukrainian government and install one that will attack Russia?

Maybe Assistant US Secretary of State Victoria Nuland has been resurrected by Biden to destabilize Eastern Europe and Central Asia so that the MIC can siphon off a few more trillions of dollars?

All I know is that these people all worked to have Ukraine's democratically elected government toppled with the new one ready willing and able to play dirty, skim money and be the total dirt-bag country that they were working hard to overcome.

Top Bottom