• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Hit the gym again this morning. 40 minutes on the elliptical and then weights. Mostly arms and shoulder work.

Does anyone have an excel spreadsheet that they would like to share to keep track of their workouts. I could do one but thought I might not have to reinvent the wheel. Looking for the lifting portion basically. Thanks for any help.

DJM95B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Schererville, IN.
    July 2009, I weighed 258.5 lbs (5 foot 11 inches). I read [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Obsession-Program-Instead-Low-Carb/dp/1932100717"]The Healthy Obsession Program [/ame]which taught me how to keep my diet under 20 grams of fat/1200 calories per day. I still keep my fat under 20 grams per day, but calories are closer to 2000 per day today. I spend 31 minutes each day on the treadmill, walking at 4 mph/10% incline. I am now at 185 lbs.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I work out every other day:

3 mile on the treadmill at 6 percent

2 mile on the bicycle cross trainer

200 reps on the rowing machine

Goals: live another 20 years :rockwoot:

I hope I'm not asking for to much.;)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I Crossfit 5 days a week. It is a kick in the rear for sure. I have been doing this for about 5 months now and have dropped about 5% of my body fat. I am 36, 6'2" and around 222lbs at 13% body fat. I started off at 227lbs and 19% body fat. After 10yrs of conventional 3 days a week of lifting/running...I was bored to tears. I have done more to get fit in the last 5 months than I have in the last 5 yrs. No more diet pills, no more slow metabolism. I would like to get to 10% body fat, that is my goal. Heck, I'm back to playing soccer again...last time was in High School. I cannot talk more highly of Crossfit. I am luck to have access to one 6 days a week in our training academy, free of charge.
    Indy Shield CrossFit
    Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    For you p90x users , if i buy their 13 cd workout series what other equipment is needed to do the program if any ?

I'm just a week in, but I have a chin-up bar and the program came with one elastic band. I am now looking for some dumbbells (because I don't like using the band). I might also look at getting a yoga mat (the yoga program kicked my arse... who knew?), but I think my wrists would have benefited from some additional padding (beyond the concrete floor of my basement).

tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    I have seen the program for sale on craigs list and ebay but dont want to get it to find out i gotta buy a bunch of other crap.I have dumb bells and weights and a jump rope.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I was doing a workout program that was focused on passing the Army PFT. When I started it (Fall '09) I was 208ish(I'm 6') and managed to drop down to 189...I sorta dropped off the boat this winter and went back up to 198. The work out I was doing focused on push-ups and sit-ups and running sprints/long distance. Additionally I reduced my caloric intake, so I managed to get good results. I started a different routine the other day, focusing on core and "functional" excercises, or excercises that represent real world movements. Part of the idea is to amp up the intensity of the work out. I hope it will improve my endurance and supporting muscles, especially were work is concerned. I'm set to start driving one of those brown trucks full time come March, so I want to reduce my chance of injury.

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    For P90x, I have a pullup bar (which I use with the aid of a chair), and some dumbells from walmart that you add/remove the plates, along with some pushup bars. I also have a band I use to mix it up.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I Crossfit 5 days a week. It is a kick in the rear for sure. I have been doing this for about 5 months now and have dropped about 5% of my body fat. I am 36, 6'2" and around 222lbs at 13% body fat. I started off at 227lbs and 19% body fat. After 10yrs of conventional 3 days a week of lifting/running...I was bored to tears. I have done more to get fit in the last 5 months than I have in the last 5 yrs. No more diet pills, no more slow metabolism. I would like to get to 10% body fat, that is my goal. Heck, I'm back to playing soccer again...last time was in High School. I cannot talk more highly of Crossfit. I am luck to have access to one 6 days a week in our training academy, free of charge.
    Indy Shield CrossFit
    Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

I've been trying to diet using the 'crossfit diet' but it's really hard! But I think I could safely say that 80% of my diet is crossfit approved foods. I'd like to join the crossfit gym over on the west side but I've got to figure out how to balance that + school first.

Till then I've been running/push ups/sit ups/lunges and some other basic exercises. Found a 60 sit ups/minute program to follow along with 100 push ups program. Trying to complete that doing proper sit ups and push ups.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    p90x is a great at home work out. But you will need a decent amount of space for some of the cardio options.
    Personally I attend the YMCA at the Athenaeum 5 days a week. 25 minutes on a treadmill which I loathe and will be changing out for running outdoors weather permitting. Then on to lifting.
    Mondays = chest x 120 reps of 4 different exercises
    Tuesdays = biceps " " " "
    Wednesdays = triceps " " " "
    Thusdays = back and shoulders " " " "
    Fridays = legs " " " "
    I throw in lifts from other days in between the 4 different lifts for the muscle group of the day.

Top Bottom