• ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    This winter has taken a toll on me.
    I weigh more now than in anytime in my 47 years.
    At 5'8" and 190lbs I feel sluggish.
    Just started Atkin's tonight.
    My 22 year old son had moved back in with us for a few months, but has now moved back out. That means the Bowflex will be reassembled and I will start a routine again.
    I also plan on incorporating the Wii in my fitness plan. I have a couple of different exercise programs and they help keep it interesting.
    Come good weather, I plan on biking and hiking.
    My goal is 145lbs.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Gym three days a week. Cardio followed by weight training. Can not run, or do any heavy lifting anymore. I have two building disks, and spinal arthritis which can be painful at times. This will be my fourth week back. Had to go through physical therapy, just to get where I could get back into the gym.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Physical Fitness

Glad to see there are some who work out with their bodies as well as their Fierarms. At almost 51 myself, I find it imperative to get in shape, after my wife had two stents implanted last year. I've lost 100lbs twice in my lifetime. Don't intend to get that bad again! I concentrate more on cardio than heavy weights. I have found that getting my heart in shape has helped my shooting than anything else. Having a lower heart rate and breathing better has really improved my rifle shooting. And my strategy is a rule I've always tried to follow, K.I.S.S just watch what I eat and smaller portions. When eating out, I eat only half what I am served and take the rest home, now If I could just finnish recovering from my Achilles tendon surgery I'll be OK. And the Eliptical machine is my best friend for this half century old body!

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I have changed my diet. I was doing pretty well but then changed jobs. Started going out to lunch and then picking up breakfast on the way in and put on 20+ pounds pretty darn quick. I have gotten back to my oatmeal for breakfast packing my lunch. I need to get back to the Y or there is a gym in town that has a reasonable rate.

I want to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year (Dec 31,2010)

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I have changed my diet. I was doing pretty well but then changed jobs. Started going out to lunch and then picking up breakfast on the way in and put on 20+ pounds pretty darn quick. I have gotten back to my oatmeal for breakfast packing my lunch. I need to get back to the Y or there is a gym in town that has a reasonable rate.

I want to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year (Dec 31,2010)

Doug, don't know where you work or travel,
    I hit the Greenwood L.A. Fitness on 135.
    Cost me $ 20.00 a month.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Doug, don't know where you work or travel,
    I hit the Greenwood L.A. Fitness on 135.
    Cost me $ 20.00 a month.

Thanks for the information I may check into that before I make a commitiment. I would like something that opens early so I can get in before work. If I can't do that then I guess my schedule will need to be rearranged.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    hundredpushups.com - currently on week 3
    hiking when I can. Hoofed it about a mile in 2' of snow on Monday so my kids could sled on the golf course.
    June - backpacking to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, stay a couple days and hike out. I'm wondering if I should use that as an exercise similar the the backwards bugout posted here. I'm sure if I staked out a tarp shelter, I'd get some funny looks.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Even Old Farts can do it!!

If they want to. Until I have arthroscopic surgery on a blown meniscus of left knee, I can't run or jog. But with hydrocodone I CAN walk 4 to 5 miles a day.
    I have to do that right after the pill, because it wears off quickly. Biking is O.K. anytime. Slow snow-shoveling, due to pacemaker and 5 stents. But I just had the Cardiolite stress-test last Friday, and was told ANY activity is alright, as long as I listen to what the pace-maker is saying. It includes the usual spousal intimacies, and no little-blue-pills needed! Have lost control of the weight, and it went up to 222, due to inactivity and holiday eating. 199 is my goal. A very close diet regime, and blood testing hourly due to Agent Orange induced diabetes has changed life immensely. Of all the suggestions I see here there is AT LEAST ONE that I can modify for my special use. I'm going to DO the right thing! I'm 72 -- I've got nothing to lose. Pat

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Just started taking Krav Maga . Going to my second class later today. Also wife bought me a mountain bike for xmas but due to the weather have not been using it much.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Today is day 3 for me on P90X. I'm in my early 30's... not in 'bad' (well not terrible anyway) shape... definitely not the shape I was in when I was 18.

Anyhow, during days 1 & 2 I could barely (well... not really even close) keep up with the videos. I did my best and kept moving... I feel like I've had a pretty solid *** kicking. From what I've done so far, I can tell this program will give back everything I put into it.

Over the past six months or so I lost twenty pounds just by limiting calories and working out on an elliptical machine... but then I hit the plateau. Several of my co-workers did the p90x program and spoke highly of it, so I am giving it a shot.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Training for the mini again. Running 3 miles twice a week with a long run on Saturday. Will be running 6 miles this weekend. Trying to lift too, pushups, pullups, ab work, crossfit type work if I can.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I posted a similar thread a while back. I'm extremely weak, a fat arse, and coming off of a lot of medical treatments and two major surgeries.

Even when I'm at my weakest, I still want to protect my family/friends/loved ones as viciously as I can if the need ever arises. My wife and I are getting our Total Fitness Gym Passes tomorrow! I can't lift more than 10 lbs until after I meet with the surgeon in 2 weeks. I can, thankfully, walk or 'run' as much as I want. I've been unhealthily overweight almost all my life except for a while in high school. Add that up to little to no activity for over a year because of illness and I'm inflexible, slow and weak.

Note: I still talk fast and never shut up, though. :D

Late last year, I did take up to jogging and walking fast when I could between treatments. I took my GPS with me and it recorded my lengths. I don't think I ever went more than 3 miles at a time... but 3 miles is a lot better than none. I've invested a couple of bucks into a few helpful items.

1. Heartbeat Monitor. This will help you achieve and maintain your target heart rate for maximum output on your workout. I think I picked it up for around 30 bucks on woot.com

2. Pedometer. This monitors my every day-to-day activity while walking around the house, going to the store, etc. I actually found this on clearance at Target bundled with a Nintendo DS cartridge. The pedometer beams a wireless signal to the handheld and records your progress on the cartridge. 3,000 steps is my goal at the moment. Sometimes I meet it, sometimes I don't.

DBurkhead has a few very quality posts on this forum about his stationary-cycling workout and the great success he has had with that. Check them out, maybe he will also chime in in this thread.

As lame as it sounds, watching one of Columbus' own on the Biggest Loser has inspired me a bit to get motivating. That, coupled with my poor health and risk for Type II diabetes... I'd like to keep my feet more than I like the taste of Zwanzigz's Pizza. I just hope I stick to it.

Having a work out partner, even if it is a semi-anonymous dude on the internet, makes all the difference.

Forum Suggestion:

What do you guys think about having our own version of a Biggest Loser Competition? 10-20 dollar buy in? Pics of before, during and after. Top three winners take prizes?

Maybe have a time frame of 3 months where people post their progress?

Site Sponsors could participate or donate something to winners?

AR15 does this from time to time and has pretty good and often funny results.

Just throwin' it out there.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Training for a tri in March and June

4 days a week swim: drills or intervals
    6 days a week 3 mile run
    just starting my bike intervals today.

At the fire I cross btwn P90x and 300 program.

Fat is now melting off due to my rabbit food diet :rolleyes: :noway:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Ive seen alot here and other places about the P90X program. Is it really worth it? I seen it on tv once and just kinda figured it was another fitness infomoricial.

Top Bottom