• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Perhaps it has been mentioned already but I'd really like to see a 3-level system in place here in Indiana:

1) Constitutional Carry for anyone who is a "proper person" in the State, resident or not.
    2) LTCH as it currently exists for those who travel out-of-state to States where it is recognized.
    3) A "premium" LTCH that has an appropriate training requirement that would meet of the standards for those States that won't recognize IN LTCH because it lacks a training requirement.

It seems to me that this would let each of us choose the option that best fits our circumstances. While I am 100% for Constitutional Carry, it's clear that Indiana gun owners have little or no clout in other States who are less enlightened.

Screw that. Those states need to come back toward us, and toward constitutionality.

Training requirements do absolutely squat. They serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. They provide no additional "gun safety", lead to no fewer NDs, lead to no fewer illegal gun uses.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I couldn't find the House BIlls on the in.gov page, only the Senate Bills.

Also any way to see how many have signed so far?

I'm sure they're all home for Christmas/New Year, and no work on this is being done at present. The session has to reconvene on or before 1/11/16. Senate bills can only be filed through 1/8/16, and House bills not after 1/12/16. This is where the "Vehicle bills" come in, though, and they can always amend one of those to become a new bill after the deadline dates.

This is a short session, too: Last day for 3rd Readings in both houses is 2/3/16, for their own bills (Meaning a SB prefix is dead if it's not been sent to the House after that date.) Last day for 3rd Readings in the opposite house is 3/2 for House bills in Senate and 3/3 for Senate bills in the House, with final adjournment no later than 3/14. The TL;DR on that is that we have less than a month in each House to get stuff we want passed.

I'll keep as abreast of this as I can, as usual, in the 2016 Legislative session thread.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom