• edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I support constitutional carry.
    When this is passed in Indiana, what does that do when carrying in other states that we presently have reciprocity agreements with?
    We'll no longer have a card to show.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I support constitutional carry.
    When this is passed in Indiana, what does that do when carrying in other states that we presently have reciprocity agreements with?
    We'll no longer have a card to show.

The plan put forward in the last session retained the LTCH, but rendered it as optional. The proposed legislation merely removed the statutory language that made carrying of a handgun illegal.

I fully support this strategy. What is Indiana Carry's position?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    The plan put forward in the last session retained the LTCH, but rendered it as optional. The proposed legislation merely removed the statutory language that made carrying of a handgun illegal.

I fully support this strategy.

I fully support this as well. IIRC, Alaska was the first to go this route and it seems to have worked well for them.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Gonna play devil's advocate here. Most online private sellers (gunbroker ect..) or gun show, as a seller, how do you know that the person is not legal to possess a firearm? One way is the LTCH. Now don't get emotional like the antis in answering this. I don't have experience w/ private sellers so hence the question.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Gonna play devil's advocate here. Most online private sellers (gunbroker ect..) or gun show, as a seller, how do you know that the person is not legal to possess a firearm? One way is the LTCH. Now don't get emotional like the antis in answering this. I don't have experience w/ private sellers so hence the question.

An LTCH does not prove any such thing. I don't have one, got plenty of firearms, all vetted by the FBI or whoever does the NICS check. However what does concern me (And you hint at it I think) is the fact that someone can buy handgun FTF here and if we have constitutional carry then that person is free to carry and they have gone through no vetting process whatsoever.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    An LTCH does not prove any such thing. I don't have one, got plenty of firearms, all vetted by the FBI or whoever does the NICS check. However what does concern me (And you hint at it I think) is the fact that someone can buy handgun FTF here and if we have constitutional carry then that person is free to carry and they have gone through no vetting process whatsoever.

Yup. That's exactly what I meant. Normally from what I gathered at gun shows, private sellers would ask for one and from there it's the seller's discretion to proceed with the sale or not. Same thing with private sellers online.

Top Bottom