• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    This is a question I have wondered about for some time now. Is there a law against printing pictures of actual people (like maybe politicians) on paper targets?
    Is it considered a threat?
    What could you be charged with?
    With the capabilities we have today in the computer age I'm surprised I have never seen them. We have silhouette and zombie targets, but I was thinking of something a bit more fun.
    Ideas?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    It's probably not illegal but the PC Police would be :xmad: I'd avoid the Pres to Be and any one else that would be federally protected. Wouldn't want you to be charged with contemplating a "Hate Crime" so I would avoid anyone that might be shall we say controversial ;) or if you do use them as target background, do not display them or use them as practice targets in a public place and then burn them :D

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I've seen Osama targets. Just tell whoever's asking that you made a typo on the print order and Kinkos made Obama targets.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I would not print targets of politicians, ESPECIALLY of the President. While 99% of the people out there don't know what their Congresscritters look like, just about everyone knows what the President looks like. It would be taken as a threat by the Secret Service, you can be assured of that.

All it takes is one phone call from someone else on the range to authorities and you will get a visit from the Secret Service. They can make your life Hell, so I would avoid getting their attention.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I took a photo of Sarah Brady to the range once specifically because she may be a public figure, but she is not a holder of an elected office. I was cautioned that this was still a bad idea, and the reasoning for the Osama targets is because he is a known terrorist.

Personally, while I'd not use an elected officeholder as a target either on paper or in the flesh, Sarah Brady, Josh Sugarmann (VPC), George Soros, etc. are probably fair game--so long as you confine your shooting at them to images on paper only!

IANAL, IDSIAHIELN, TINLA

Blessings,
    B

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I have wondered about this for a long time. Way before Obama ever come onto the scene. Someone told me that in a magazine called Hustler (I have no idea what that is:rolleyes:) there was a page called ******* of the Month. It was always some politician or public figure Larry Flint had a beef with. I always wondered if a target of some antigun Ahole would be in poor taste or at worst illegal. You could even make them the Visi targets and instead of a black dot you could cover the shots with stitches or band aids.

Last edited:

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Wait, so you're telling me that if we ever elect a zombie to congress we could all be in trouble???

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Wait, so you're telling me that if we ever elect a zombie to congress we could all be in trouble???

I think we have more to worry about when we elect Osama Bin Laden to congress:D

I am sure he has a Hawaiian birth certificate also.

I wouldn't put it past people either!

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    TargetThug-1.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Shooting at targets? With what? Spit wads? I lost all my guns in Lake Michigan along with 50K Obama Targets. I think the SS sunk my boat on purpose...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Politicions should be the preferred target.

This crap of people thinking politicions desearve some special treatment just psses me off. It's the kind of crap that would make me deliberately print up targets and make a movie shooting the crap out of them.

These people don't become monarchy just because they can get a pack of morons to elect them to something. If any thing they desearve to be treated the same as the lowest of the citizens of the entire country so they can see what it's like to deal with it every day.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I took a photo of Sarah Brady to the range once specifically because she may be a public figure, but she is not a holder of an elected office. I was cautioned that this was still a bad idea, and the reasoning for the Osama targets is because he is a known terrorist.

I always thought that Sarah Brady was a known terrorist as well. Both she and Osama want to evoke political change through frightening people, right?
    ;)

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If ti's a black and white silhouette target, the case could be made that it represents Obama bin Biden and the SS will come take you away. :)

Remember the flap many years ago where the FBI had to stop shooting at black and white silhouette targets because some civil rights group complained it was racist?

They went from this:

Q1.jpg

To this:

FBI-Target-Paper.jpg

I just love our new PC country. It's so much more productive, don't ya think?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I shot a carry match maybe 10 years ago that featured a "blind" stage where the shooter opened a door, entered a room and did his thing. None of the spectators or other shooters could see the makeup of the stage prior to going thru the doorway, and we were only given a vague briefing on what to expect (no-shoots present, X number of badguys, engage them as you see them).

First thing you saw going through the door was a life-size full-color cutout of Hillary Clinton. She was supposed to be a no-shoot, but the first guy through the door dropped the hammer on her without a second thought. That set the stage, and I think everybody there gave her at least one round, penalties be damned... ;)

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Politicions should be the preferred target.

This crap of people thinking politicions desearve some special treatment just psses me off. It's the kind of crap that would make me deliberately print up targets and make a movie shooting the crap out of them.

These people don't become monarchy just because they can get a pack of morons to elect them to something. If any thing they desearve to be treated the same as the lowest of the citizens of the entire country so they can see what it's like to deal with it every day.

No, politicians definitely do not deserve any sort of special consideration. It's always bothered me when they're referred to as "public servants". It makes it sound as thought they've sacrificed so much... the military guys, they've sacrificed... Life-long politicians? Not so much.

OK, now on to the point. I know I'm going to called too serious because this comment, but with so many choices like bin Laden, Kim Jung-Il, Chavez, etc., I don't feel the need to start shooting at American targets. (OK,maybe someone like Manson.)

I'm not trying to position myself on a moral high ground ('cause we all know it can be a hard piece of ground to defend), but just sharing my personal choice.

But that's what's great about America: I can make that decision, and others can choose differently. And I'm glad they can choose to express themselves differently. That's what it's all about.

OK, bring on the flames about my needing to chill. :-)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom