• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I gota say i am so sick of the media and even in this forum, that you or those commented that it's a Chinese spy ballon. You guys are no better than the media. WHERE is the proof it's from China..there is none! Media says this and that and then you start to believe what the media says. Get a damn grip and get proof, then you can say what country it's from.
    I believe I heard yesterday that they admitted it was their balloon.
    There were multiple articles on this.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I still figure we cold laser it from the ground if we wanted, how many watts would it take to make a small hole in it? Weather is clear as we can see from the photos so limited degradation of the beam strength.
    What about the fail safe possibility?
    It doesn’t have to be true, they just have to mumble the words, “bomb goes off below 30,000’”.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is this thing going to fly over Indiana???

I'm surprised there not already an INGO crowd founding to rent a freakin' helicopter.

MjAyMTAzYmFjOTNkZTRmMGRlMWIwMWZjNDJmMDEwMWQ3MDc2ZDA

Not sure about the legally of private citizens shooting that thing down ... :dunno:

Does the FAA consider a balloon like that to be an aircraft? :dunno:

I guess you could use the Alec Baldwin defense and say your gun "just went off" while cleaning it inside your helicopter ... while flying next to a giant balloon.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I'm surprised there not already an INGO crowd founding to rent a freakin' helicopter.

Not sure about the legally of private citizens shooting that thing down ... :dunno:

I guess you could use the Alec Baldwin defense and say your gun "just went off" while cleaning it inside your helicopter ... while flying next to a giant balloon.
    Looked like it would go over Evansville in the south-west part of the State.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    To get to Southern Indiana from Missouri you go across Illinois. Scott AFB is the home to the USAF Air Mobility Command and the US Transportation Command.
    OH!! I forgot, what is in Indiana... south of B-Town... HUGE Naval facility called Crane NSWC. They do lots of... stuff there.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

I told the team to not release any of the pictures until we were already heros!! How did you get that?

And ‘legally’? Ppppphhhffftttt. See ‘hero’s’ above.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Looks like BIG GUY JOE will do Nothing, its still headed East thru North Carolina. Not long before its out of our once sovereign Air Space :nono:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I still figure we cold laser it from the ground if we wanted, how many watts would it take to make a small hole in it? Weather is clear as we can see from the photos so limited degradation of the beam strength.
    The lighter a surface is the harder it is to damage with a laser.

So good luck with that.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Don’t necessarily agree with the deepest of conspiracy theories put out here, but everything is worth considering.

The Trojan horse analogy is not exactly accurate, but while everyone’s looking at the ballon, what’s behind it?
    Don’t worry, it’s probably just another ballon. Oh wait.

And as for shooting it down, when they originally wrote this movie they did a better job of explaining that “if it drops below x number of feet the bomb goes off”. That’s how I remember it from the book anyhow.

In other words, if you were smart enough to build an intercontinental ballon, might you be smart enough to put failsafes in it?

And do what, exactly? Payload limits would mean any charge wouldn't be a danger to anything but itself, and then anything in the debris field. Given the size and the shape of the thing, and it's mostly lighter than air balloon bits, we're back into sci-fi realm to worry about an explosive, conventional or nuclear, being anything other than a light show and/or nuisance. And for what gain? They aren't mindless idiots in charge of China willing to risk war and economic destruction for something that meaningless vs our capabilities to retaliate.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    There is a bunch of things that doesn't make sense.
    If launched from China, it would have flown over Japan & Russia before it got to us.
    You think they would have said something about that thing floating over their airspace.
    Unless it was launched out at sea off a sub.
    Then there is the fact that if it was detected over Alaskan airspace, you had to know where the airstream at that altitude was going.
    It wasn't going back to the west for sure.
    Too much shenanigans going on right now.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    And do what, exactly? Payload limits would mean any charge wouldn't be a danger to anything but itself, and then anything in the debris field. Given the size and the shape of the thing, and it's mostly lighter than air balloon bits, we're back into sci-fi realm to worry about an explosive, conventional or nuclear, being anything other than a light show and/or nuisance. And for what gain? They aren't mindless idiots in charge of China willing to risk war and economic destruction for something that meaningless vs our capabilities to retaliate.
    Not pushing any particular idea, just thinking about the what ifs.
    Like I said, all they have to do is mumble the words of a threat.
    The most benign thing that it can be is the actual weather ballon veered off course, and then the Chinese get to say look how easy that was, we can do that again.

It’s easy to say shoot it down, or it’s completely benign, but we don’t know what we don’t know, and that includes military technology, like payload capacities and tech abilities.

All I’m really pushing I guess is we don’t know, and there’s no point in analyzing it in terms of what we, as lay people, do know.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There is a bunch of things that doesn't make sense.
    If launched from China, it would have flown over Japan & Russia before it got to us.
    You think they would have said something about that thing floating over their airspace.
    Unless it was launched out at sea off a sub.
    Then there is the fact that if it was detected over Alaskan airspace, you had to know where the airstream at that altitude was going.
    It wasn't going back to the west for sure.
    Too much shenanigans going on right now.
    The majority of Americans voted for this.

Top Bottom