• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Stupid...while there are some women that would have the stamina very, very, few will have the strength to go with the stamina. So there will be whining and moaning until the entrance standards are lowered and then you get what you get. Irregardless whether anyone wants to admit it or not woman as a general rule will have an almost impossible time in doing the required work of top tier units. Heck very few men can do it. Bunch of dumb a--'s running this country.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How is thus destroying our military? If they can do the job why should they be excluded?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They can't do those jobs. Period.

The standards will be lowered in order to squeeze a few through to make ole Barry look good to his base and good men will die because of it. This administration has been ready from day one to sacrifice the lives of servicemen and women for political gain and it keeps on going.

It's always the people who didn't get first place or graduate a school ect, who are the ones who preach for equality and a lowering of standards to make it fair for everyone. Winners dont share their gold medals for a reason. its because they earned them! thats a concept this new all embracing society wants us to forget. the act of earning sonething because you worked hard to get it. somethin our current president will never inderstand because he bever had to work for anything and is a bum just like all the other liberal hippies who rode others backs to get where they are. Well some things in life aren't meant to be for everyone. And special operations is one of them. They don't need the second best, only the best. And if your not the best then you don't get the tab, you don't get the t-shirt, you don't get the short life expectancy, sorry. Go find another Job within the military.

Everyone wants to be a rock star in the world and reap the benefits of fame fortune women but there's a reason that everyone is not a rock star who picks up a guitar. It takes the hard work and dedication and uniqueness to achieve that level. If everyone could do it then it wouldn't be special and unique would it?
    Same with what we see in the military. There's a reason that some special people go do the thankless jobs you will never see on the news or read about in a book and that's because only they are good enough to do it!
    If a woman could truly perform to all the standards and peer reviews in an unbiased way the she deserves in. But we all know that the politicians will not let it go down like that. They need some women to make it to dangle in front of the press and they will dumb it down in order to get that as fast as possible.

Last edited:

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    put a women on a team , they are out for weeks at a time . you never leave sight of your team mates . now when she needs to take a dump , do you think she wants the boys watching ?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What exactly can't they do? I could care less of the motives of the politicians. I see no reason to exclude an entire group because we want to twart persons from taking advantage of it, for political fain. IF one SINGLE woman can do the job, then she's entitled to the opportunity.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What exactly can't they do?

I would say the physical requirements factoring in the endurance. Also peer reviews.

Well so far the ones who tried to get through even marine infantry training couldn't do it and that's a walk in the park compared to a school like Ranger School or SEAL training.

The politicians and tree huggers need to keep their noses out of the military and how it trains and operates in combat. Equal rights and feel good laws have no place there.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    What exactly can't they do? I could care less of the motives of the politicians. I see no reason to exclude an entire group because we want to twart persons from taking advantage of it, for political fain. IF one SINGLE woman can do the job, then she's entitled to the opportunity.

I was an Airborne Ranger and served in the 1st Ranger Bat. Most men can not meet the physical fitness or demands of Ranger school. You may find 1 women ... may, but I doubt it. Unless you lower the standards.

Right or wrong, there is a difference physically between men and women. Thats why we see segregated sports, like the NBA, WNBA, PGA, LPGA, etc.

I would hazard to guess that < 1% of our service women would even want to go o ranger school or seal training.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have a friend who is trying out for our SWAT team. If she passes the school and get chosen she would be the first female in our long history to be on SWAT. She runs circles around the fittest guys in the process (and they are really good). She is a small gal but drug that 200lb dummy without hesitation. I think she will make a fine SWAT officer, she has to pass the same physical standards as the males, hell the males might need lower standards to keep up with her...haha. She is FAR from alone in this world and I see no problem with giving female the SAME opportunities as the males. No need to lower the standards. BTW, she still looks like a female even with her 3% body fat.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If they can meet the current standards I say let them in, but the standards should not be lowered for them.

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    How is thus destroying our military? If they can do the job why should they be excluded?

That's the thing: they CAN'T do the top-tier jobs, the requirements will be too much for 99% of women. Please stop being a knucklehead.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's the thing: they CAN'T do the top-tier jobs, the requirements will be too much for 99% of women. Please stop being a knucklehead.

So the 1% that can are simply SOL? :dunno:

Ok, since people are avoiding the question, I'll ask again. What "exactly" can't these women do?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Even I know there's more to the job than physical ability. Reducing this to a mere strength issue is foolish.

How so ?

Cause that's really what it comes down to when talking about these kinds of jobs .

My third year in , I could carry a 130 + lb . big green tick (lge ruck) , weapon and LBE gear at 4 miles an hour for 14 miles and I still couldn't keep up with those guys .

Show me a chick that can do that and I'll gladly buy her a drink but don't lower the standards for anybody .

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How so ?

Cause that's really what it comes down to when talking about these kinds of jobs .

My third year in , I could carry a 130 + big green tick (lge ruck) , weapon and LBE gear at 4 miles an hour for 14 miles and I still couldn't keep up with those guys .

Show me a chick that can do that and I'll gladly buy her a drink but don't lower the standards for anybody .

No one's talking about lowering the standards. The standards should be set, and the gender prohibition lifted. If you can do it you get in, if you can't you don't get in. I don't see why this is an issue. And I don't want "what ifs." The plan as the Pentagon is proposing it states that the women and men have the same standard.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have a friend who is trying out for our SWAT team. If she passes the school and get chosen she would be the first female in our long history to be on SWAT. She runs circles around the fittest guys in the process (and they are really good). She is a small gal but drug that 200lb dummy without hesitation. I think she will make a fine SWAT officer, she has to pass the same physical standards as the males, hell the males might need lower standards to keep up with her...haha. She is FAR from alone in this world and I see no problem with giving female the SAME opportunities as the males. No need to lower the standards. BTW, she still looks like a female even with her 3% body fat.

Pics or I call shenanigans! :rockwoot:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Standards should remain the same. You can either hack it or you cannot.

Instead, to improve PC or other motives they are going to lower standards as a "feel good measure." This will not turn out well.....except for in the media of course.

I've met a great number of female Marines who are far more manly than 99% civilian men I've ever met. That doesn't mean they could hack the standards, ignore their physical schedules, or alter their psychological programming and chemical differences that have evolved over thousands of years.

The physical requirements are only a small portion of the problems this presents.

:twocents:

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    ON one hand they are concerned about sexual misconduct in the military, on the other they want to through women into elite combat units.
    Aside from all the other legitimate objections others have raised why can't these people learn from the things they have already screwed up.
    If you put healthy, fit, men and women in the same stressful environment they are going to be babies just face it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom