May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sounds like he is winning. Getting free publicity and now using it as fundraising. "We're losing but also winning and your donation now can put us over the top!" pitch for send money now sound familiar to anyone else?
    “Penzey said Friday that while his anti-Republican rant cost him 40,005 mail-order subscribers, it brought in 30,000 new ones.”

We all know a new customer procured by political ranting is not the same as a long term satisfied customer. And this does not account for customers, like me, that no longer buy from him and never told him…

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    What is missing?
    I guess I took it as if 40,005 subscribers is 3% of of your base and you get 30,000 of them back, why are you asking people to by gift cards? That is less than 2% of their subscribers. Just seems they aren’t telling the whole story or doing damage control. I could be wrong.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I guess I took it as if 40,005 subscribers is 3% of of your base and you get 30,000 of them back, why are you asking people to by gift cards? That is less than 2% of their subscribers. Just seems they aren’t telling the whole story or doing damage control. I could be wrong.

It's a fundraiser marketing by narrative building. Here's the format:

We're losing and need your support.
    But we're also winning, so supporting us is supporting a winning team.
    Supporting us means sticking it to them. Them is your enemy.

PACs and lobbyist groups use the same format constantly. Sometimes with fundraising letters or marketing campaigns, sometimes with push polls. Why? It works.

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    My SIL just received this coupon in her email from Penseys spices.

They will never receive my business again....never really shopped there before but never now!

View attachment 176063
    I sent them a nice long message to customer service and pictures of me throwing out the spices of theirs. Its like they woke up that day and just liberal raged and malfunctioned!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I sent them a nice long message to customer service and pictures of me throwing out the spices of theirs. Its like they woke up that day and just liberal raged and malfunctioned!
    Nope! Penzey the son, Bill, as I recall has a long history of doing this kind of thing…

Reactions: KLB

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    Nope! Penzey the son, Bill, as I recall has a long history of doing this kind of thing…
    That email was the first i've ever noticed, well I guess I should have known, there is a shop in Naperville, IL and during summer 2020 their windows were filled with marxist BLM crap, should have realized then. Well screw'em, brainwashed fools.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That email was the first i've ever noticed, well I guess I should have known, there is a shop in Naperville, IL and during summer 2020 their windows were filled with marxist BLM crap, should have realized then. Well screw'em, brainwashed fools.
    I switched to the sister and her husband that own the family business started by Penzeys father.

It is called Spice House, link posted in this thread.

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    I switched to the sister and her husband that own the family business started by Penzeys father.

It is called Spice House, link posted in this thread.
    hey great and thanks for letting me know, I will look into them. Pretty sure I've heard about them before.

Top Bottom