• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm done with them. I used to order from them in the past, but I've found others I like better. Just hope those others don't go full woke!
    CindyE, would you be willing to list a couple? I used to buy some Indian spice mixes from them, like Rogan Josh. but I can see I'm going to need a new source

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    CindyE, would you be willing to list a couple? I used to buy some Indian spice mixes from them, like Rogan Josh. but I can see I'm going to need a new source

Look through their offerings, they likely have a similar combination.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    My House Wren's spice cabinet is full of their stuff. I find it hard to believe that any company would do anything this ridiculous, but nowadays who can tell? I have sent an email to Penzeys asking them to either confirm or deny that they are behind this. I will report back.
    Their social media has a lot of this sort of thing, so it’s quite likely to be exactly what it appears to be.

I went there once, but only because my brother lived close and I stopped when I was in the area. Good selection, but wasn’t a huge need to rush back.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Look through their offerings, they likely have a similar combination.
    Thank you. We have a couple of good Indian groceries, also, so I can make do no matter what. Having the blends is just a convenience

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thank you. We have a couple of good Indian groceries, also, so I can make do no matter what. Having the blends is just a convenience
    Penzeys has sunny Paris that I love, it was a blend the father created the son copied, Spice House has Parisian shallot herb blend the original blend. Chicago steakhouse smoke seasoning is another good mix.

Funny story is I learned of Penzey’s rantings several years ago purely by accident, I came across info on his fathers and now sisters business and read her statements that she sells spices not politics and I could get my favorite blends. I called in my first order and told them why I was a new customer, the person taking the order said they were get lots of similar calls. I usually get labels with my spices for my jars and just order the spices in bags. They gave me, at no charge, new lables for all my jars, even things not ordered so I didn’t have to look at penzey labels any longer. LOL

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Wifey liked Penzeys and I used them for all my BBQ rubs. Stopped a couple of years ago when they started this crap. They just had a "Remember Jan 6" special talking about a day that would live in infamy, you know, just like Pearl Harbor.

Reactions: Mog

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A) Never understood the "we only need 1/2 the available market" approach, either.
    B) At least they are still Capitalists! Lots of dirty American dollars flowing thru their stores.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just made an order last night, and was not asked about affiliations other than 'Visa' or 'Mastercard'.

Anybody ever verify if they meant to send it or where hacked/blamed the intern/whatever?
    Well, it is featured prominently and proudly on the facebook page.
    1642263210002.png

Top Bottom