• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Bought a Glock 17 mos 2 weeks ago. Told dealer let me know when they got a 45 mos in. Got the call went today was told pending review. Ideas? Didn’t get into any trouble in the last 2 weeks.

Shootin45super

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Bloomington
    I have never had any trouble with the call in either.
    But my last 2 have been delayed.
    Gun dealer said its been happening alot.
    You could thank the retard we have in office now!

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    Delays happen to everyone eventually, or they finally caught up with you for your crime spree. Sometimes I think they are too busy and just delay. When I get delayed it seems to be evening/weekends but almost never during the workday. You could go the unique ID number but that isn't a guarantee and probably not worth the hassle if you only occasionally are buying something.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Delays happen to everyone eventually, or they finally caught up with you for your crime spree. Sometimes I think they are too busy and just delay. When I get delayed it seems to be evening/weekends but almost never during the workday. You could go the unique ID number but that isn't a guarantee and probably not worth the hassle if you only occasionally are buying something.
    I've had the unique ID for years. My name brings up issues.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Guessing they just got busy, etc. Depending on how the gun shop handles it they could release the gun in 3 business days if no response or they may get a call back with a proceed.

I'm guessing you will be fine and they will call to tell you all good and they got a proceed on Monday.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    Guessing they just got busy, etc. Depending on how the gun shop handles it they could release the gun in 3 business days if no response or they may get a call back with a proceed.

I'm guessing you will be fine and they will call to tell you all good and they got a proceed on Monday.
    Last check I called in that got delayed was on a Monday, the NICS person gave me the release date if I had not heard back, and it was Saturday...5 business days. I pointed out that the law stated 3 business days and was told the 5 days minimum is now the norm....
    Bureaucrats!!!@

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Last check I called in that got delayed was on a Monday, the NICS person gave me the release date if I had not heard back, and it was Saturday...5 business days. I pointed out that the law stated 3 business days and was told the 5 days minimum is now the norm....
    Bureaucrats!!!@
    obviously they can choose to follow the law or make up their own rules..

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I never had any issues at all until I moved, each of the next three purchases I have made since then have all been delayed. In my case, it appears obvious that it is related to my change of address, but I find it very frustrating that there is no part of the process that allows you to learn why you were delayed or to do anything about it to prevent it happening again. It's as if I did something wrong by moving.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I never had any issues at all until I moved, each of the next three purchases I have made sense then have all been delayed. In my case, it appears obvious that it is related to my change of address, but I find it very frustrating that there is no part of the process that allows you to learn why you were delayed or to do anything about it to prevent it happening again. It's as if I did something wrong by moving.
    Al Capone Drive or Pablo Escobar Lane?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A few minor annoyances like this is a small price to pay for the magnificent leadership that we now have in the White House.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I started getting delays on transfers about a year ago. I don't even wait at the FFL now. I wait a few minutes, and if it doesn't get a proceed right away, just leave and come back four or five days later, pick it up. My FFL submits through the computer. I'm guessing it's due to the sheer volume that they process, so I think that's actually a good thing.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I had my ID stolen years ago, and had to get a UPIN, it was a PITA, and continues to be to this day. Just recently went to buy a shotgun from RK, and got delayed...then denied....needless to say I was PO'd. I appealed, and found out the sales guy didn't include my UPIN ....when I told him repeatedly to make sure it was included.....I, too, thought it could be because of the dementian in chief......

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have never had anything but a instant proceed.

Does anyone know the inter working‘s of the system?

I think some of you are in denial about being a serial killer or something.

Top Bottom