• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    ....thank god we live in an at will state... Doesnt matter if this bill says you can bring it to work, I can still fire you for it...

ArmyMP said:
    Yeah you can.... job aptitude, ability to function as a team, conflicting personalities, quality of work, quality of service, all of those are fireable offenses that i as an employer can use to fire an employeee.

Are you even a gun owner?

You seem more like a troll to me.

Your follow up is an apples and oranges argument. You seem to be saying you are such an unethical individual that you would make something up about a person, so you could fire them, because you think with this law they might have a gun in their vehicle.
    You sir are an (infraction getting word)

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Fred Paris's republik of Franklin
    Not really I believe in my rights as a business owner and Im tired of pissants trying to tell me what I can and cant do in my own business. I am a gun owner. Because of people trying to push their rights on business owners I've lost my shop, I cant smoke in my car or my house...... Yeah this law is stupid. you wanna carry at work go find a job where you can. Dont try to force business owners to let you. Cry Cry Cry Cry.... The whole stance on making business owners do it is just unconstitutional.... What about the business owners rights? Huh? What about my life liberty and pursuit of happiness? What about my 1st ammendment rights? Maybe it makes me feel safe, free and happy to know that my business is weapon free? What about my free speech to say no weapons at work? where do they factor in to your dictatorial world? Gun owners are really starting to act like the health and enviromental nuts more and more. Just because you have a right doesnt mean you can enforce it and use it everywhere......
    I don't see you trying to have a sit in in th state capital with assault rifles, or at the white house with UZI's....

Get your nose out of my business and quit telling me how to run it

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Not really I believe in my rights as a business owner and Im tired of pissants trying to tell me what I can and cant do in my own business. I am a gun owner. Because of people trying to push their rights on business owners I've lost my shop, I cant smoke in my car or my house...... Yeah this law is stupid. you wanna carry at work go find a job where you can. Dont try to force business owners to let you. Cry Cry Cry Cry.... The whole stance on making business owners do it is just unconstitutional.... What about the business owners rights? Huh? What about my life liberty and pursuit of happiness? What about my 1st ammendment rights? Maybe it makes me feel safe, free and happy to know that my business is weapon free? What about my free speech to say no weapons at work? where do they factor in to your dictatorial world? Gun owners are really starting to act like the health and enviromental nuts more and more. Just because you have a right doesnt mean you can enforce it and use it everywhere......
    I don't see you trying to have a sit in in th state capital with assault rifles, or at the white house with UZI's....

Get your nose out of my business and quit telling me how to run it

If I was a business owner I would encourage my employees to carry.
    So you like gun free zones?
    I don't suppose you carry then huh?
    This law does NOT allow carry at work. It allows for it to be stored safely in a vehicle.
    What I object to is you having more rights as a business owner than the Govt has.
    They can't just come search my car without a warrant.
    Why should I be fired for not letting my employer search my vehicle?
    It's my property you need to quit telling us what we can and can't have in it.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    My business is now my house so yes? Did i carry in my shop no.....

So why make people leave their guns at home?
    As a business owner, what advantage does it give you?
    How are people, who take their personal protection responsibility seriously, supposed to protect themselves?

Are you going to be responsible for their safety?

If they have a flat tire on the way home and get rolled up on by a bad guy, are you going to compensate their family because you disarmed them and didn't allow them to protect themselves?

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Nope... if they are worried about that go somewhere else? i didnt make them work here did I? PMCS your vehicle before you drive it.... if its dark call the cops, call a tow truck drive to a lighted place.... Go somewhere the "Roving band of bad guys" cant "roll up on you"....

Did you seriously use the term roll up.... lMFAO

Its called life everyday SHTF deal with it..... adjust your own situation to prepare and compensate for it.... Dont try to force others to just because you are to lazy or scared....

Its not the business owners fault if you get mugged on your way home from work. its your own fault... your actions after work affect you...... You chose to work in a place that doesnt allow weapons.. You chose

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.

So as I see it you want to strip or remove one groups right so you get that warm fuzzy feeling, that warm blanket of safety..... I am a lower class of person according to you so you can strip my rights from me to feel safe? And how far will it go? You still dont feel safe? Now you want to where a ghillie suit while working? That didnt work either? Now you want you gun toting friends to hang out around my business? I think not... The business next door cant tell you to move because the feel unsafe with your guns or your gun toting friends being there... And they cant make you let people park on your yard because their lot is full and its good for their business.. so why should you be allowed to tell them what to do? You want a gun in your car at work go for it... you get fired sucks to be you.... I believe my company is a safer place with no weapons in the equation. I value life.. material things can be replaced and once again the way I run my business ensure my life liberty and my pursuit of happiness. How do you justify telling me what I have to believe?

Who is the bad guy now?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Wow, this got real heated real fast.

I, being an owner of firearms, would LOVE IT if all of my bosses, present and future, would allow me to carry to work. That would be nice. Failing that, I want a job where I am allowed to at least keep a piece secured in my car.

I understand that some, maybe even most, employers are not so open-minded. I don't own a business, so I don't share their concerns, but I do see their concerns, being largely un-informed and hesitant to take on more liability than they already possess. If you die at work while doing your job (and not, say, playing grabgrass), the employer could potentially be liable civilly if your wife gets upset about you passing on and leaving her to take care of the kids, say. So I can see how an employer, not knowing that firearms REDUCE crime could be afraid of letting their employees carry to work... especially if Bob and Tom don't like each other and have a propensity to beat each other spitless every now and then.

I don't like that position and I don't think it likely that Bob or Tom would shoot either of the other due to disagreement at work, but I can see how they would take position. I don't like it, but I see it.

But what I don't like is government mandating that private businesses MUST do anything, particularly when that mandate effects what OUGHT to be a private choice on the part of one who owns a business. In this very limited instance, I like the outcome of the mandate, as it personally benefits me - but I don't like the process, which is tyrannical by its face: "You, who privately own your business as per the dictates of capitalism, must now abide by yet another rule issued by me, Government, else I, Government, will penalize you for your disobedience by subsuming some of your rightfully-earned profits that you have earned per the dictates of capitalism."

Despite the outcome being a good thing, the fact that it is mandated really doesn't sit well with me. I would much prefer it if public awareness went through the ceiling and employers by and large simply allowed it without the heavy hand of the State interceding. Being able to carry to work pleases me... my boss being FORCED to allow me to carry to work... makes me pretty uneasy. What will they FORCE you or I do next?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Nope... if they are worried about that go somewhere else? i didnt make them work here did I? PMCS your vehicle before you drive it.... if its dark call the cops, call a tow truck drive to a lighted place.... Go somewhere the "Roving band of bad guys" cant "roll up on you"....

Did you seriously use the term roll up.... lMFAO

Its called life everyday SHTF deal with it..... adjust your own situation to prepare and compensate for it.... Dont try to force others to just because you are to lazy or scared....

Its not the business owners fault if you get mugged on your way home from work. its your own fault... your actions after work affect you...... You chose to work in a place that doesnt allow weapons.. You chose

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.

So as I see it you want to strip or remove one groups right so you get that warm fuzzy feeling, that warm blanket of safety..... I am a lower class of person according to you so you can strip my rights from me to feel safe? And how far will it go? You still dont feel safe? Now you want to where a ghillie suit while working? That didnt work either? Now you want you gun toting friends to hang out around my business? I think not... The business next door cant tell you to move because the feel unsafe with your guns or your gun toting friends being there... And they cant make you let people park on your yard because their lot is full and its good for their business.. so why should you be allowed to tell them what to do? You want a gun in your car at work go for it... you get fired sucks to be you.... I believe my company is a safer place with no weapons in the equation. I value life.. material things can be replaced and once again the way I run my business ensure my life liberty and my pursuit of happiness. How do you justify telling me what I have to believe?

Who is the bad guy now?

You'll be real popular around here with your attitude towards legal gun owners.

So do you feel all gun free zones are the safest places around?

Are you afraid of an employee going out to his car to get his gun to shoot people in your business?

If someone plans to do that, your rule of no guns will mean nothing to them. It will however mean everything to all the other employees who you have disarmed due to fear of losing their jobs.

ArmyMP

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    You'll be real popular around here with your attitude towards legal gun owners.

So do you feel all gun free zones are the safest places around?

Are you afraid of an employee going out to his car to get his gun to shoot people in your business?

If someone plans to do that, your rule of no guns will mean nothing to them. It will however mean everything to all the other employees who you have disarmed due to fear of their jobs.

Well lets See.. Im not here for popularity.... this is INGO not high School.... obviously evansvillethompsongunner and i have the same point of view.... If cared about popularity I would be running around with a glock and a 1911 and own 50 AR15's

Im not afraid of someone going postal.. i dont want someone thinking they are Rambo or Chuck Norris and getting someone else killed. Im responsible for the lives of my other employees as well... You are the one advocating giving guns to terrorists and criminals.

You know what i have never had an employee killed or robbed or murdered, nor have i even been robbed, murdered, or killed in the course of my work... And let me tell you my line of business is extremely dangerous. But my business practices pretty much ensure that it stays safe.

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    You are the one advocating giving guns to terrorists and criminals.

:n00b:Where??:dunno:

You know what i have never had an employee killed or robbed or murdered, nor have i even been robbed, murdered, or killed in the course of my work... And let me tell you my line of business is extremely dangerous. But my business practices pretty much ensure that it stays safe.

That sounds very lucky for you...hopefully you're luck holds out while you choose to be unarmed.

All of these things you keep repeating sound like a nice fantasy world where everyone works for a small business where you know the owner personally, could discuss these issues with him and come to some form of meaningful agreement. What about those of us in huge corporations with tens of thousands of employees all across the globe who don't have anyone to discuss these things with? They simply heard a lawyer say "guns = more insurance", so there is a blanket ban...There is no "property owner", the "owner" is a multinational corporation.

Wait, I already know your answer. Choose a different place to work. Excellent answer. Show me a small place to get similar pay and benefits and then do the same for everyone else in the same situation.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    See, ArmyMP, the problem is that while you do have a right to define what you allow on your property, you do NOT have a right to "feel" safe, to "feel" unthreatened. Unfortunately, we're at the intersection of two rights, and that's not supposed to happen. In theory, an employee who doesn't like your policies should be able to go elsewhere or should be able to start up his own business. Realistically, we know that in the real world, that's not usually possible.
    Like ETG, I like the result, but not the method. One of my jobs is as a government employee, and it's a weird situation because while at present, the employer forbids weapons on property, my supervisor and department head (along with most of the department) have those little pink papers in their wallets and most of us do carry, at least sometimes. I like the fact that if my department head is ever replaced (say, by someone who does not believe in individual rights) my job will not be threatened over this unless this hypothetical future department head is as unscrupulous as s/he is narrow-minded and authoritarian (or elitist). Sure, reasons can always be manufactured to remove a good employee, but if you have to manufacture them, maybe you should really reconsider if removing them is such a good idea. You lose that employee, but you also lose at least some of the trust of your other employees, not to mention... well, I can't say that anyone else would lose sleep knowing they threw a good person out of work and removed his/her ability to support a family.... but I know I would, especially if I'd had to manufacture a reason or PIDooMA (think about it, it'll come to you)
    You were asked some questions the other day (and I think it was in this thread, but I'm not looking at the moment) about where you draw the line of what an employer is allowed to do on his property. I never saw any real answers, but I did see you dance around an answer one time. IIRC, he was asking (among others) "Should an employer be allowed to require sexual favors from those employees he chooses, in order that they keep their jobs?" "Should an employer be allowed to require employees to enter and work in hazardous conditions without proper safety equipment?"
    Please don't give me a flippant answer about "I love the smell of diesel exhaust" or some such; these are serious questions and IMHO, they deserve serious answers.

I really would like to salvage this thread and I'd like to see your answers to those questions.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You are the one advocating giving guns to terrorists and criminals.

:orly:

Where did you get that jewel from? :n00b:

My guess is that this is the thing about the BGs breaking into peoples' cars to steal all these guns... Like they'll somehow know which ones do and don't have them, or, since many businesses will have this law applicable to them, the BGs would, for some unknown/unfathomable reason, target this or that business to hit.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom