• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I found them at Menards in Fishers for $2 as well. I picked up a few since they were so cheap, but by the time I got them home one had already come unwound. I gave my wife a pink one which is still holding together though. A friend made me and my son 1, and I can tell they are better quality and feel a little heavier. Makes me wonder if the Menards ones are really 550 Paracord.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I wasn't aware there were fakes out there. Does anyone know who sells the bracelets with real para cord?

My 13 year old son makes them. They are very nice and real paracord. He was taught by a Captian in the USA army who served in Afganistan. It is a great way to store some paracord. You can even make slings with them. We talked about him selling them on-line but competing with menards selling cheap chinese stuff at 2 bucks a pop makes it not worth his while - so he makes for family and friends

A paracord sling is a great idea! I'm sure there would be some purchasers here in INGO! :yesway:

You Betcha! Get me one in black for my M&P 15-22 and I'll pay.

My wife made a sling for my GSG-522 and it's SEXY.. It'd OD green and reflective black AND.. it's adjustable :D

She also is able to do charms and such woven into the bracelets. Monkey fists, etc..

PM me if interested.. I'm-a go find a picture of the sling that she made for me.. see if I can post it up.

Link to her facebook page where you can view more of her work: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paracord-Creations/247915915335049

All her stuff is made with real 550 paracord. She's very talented.

ETA:
    601195_278889622237678_838507750_n.jpg

Also:
    231100_252916518168322_1065266160_n.jpg

Last edited:

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I have been wearing one for almost three years now. It was the first one that my granddaughter made. It is black and uses the monkey knot.back then she made them with the knot...now she uses the buckle. She was 10 years old when she began making them to sell on EBay to earn her own Christmas and soccer money

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    I would recommend taking the black plastic buckle off of these and put on a stainless shackle. That was you have something that could actually hold your body weight if need be.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I would recommend taking the black plastic buckle off of these and put on a stainless shackle. That was you have something that could actually hold your body weight if need be.

There are lots of different styles of buckles that she has available. I was just showing some of her work :)

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Hey, if you double back on the bracelet and make it a double layer, you get about 16 feet rather than about 8.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    There are lots of different styles of buckles that she has available. I was just showing some of her work :)

Sorry...I didn't mean for it to sound like it was directed at you. In general most people get one with plastic buckles. It's still a great way to carry paracord. It's just that a real shackle takes it a step further in what can be done with it.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Sorry...I didn't mean for it to sound like it was directed at you. In general most people get one with plastic buckles. It's still a great way to carry paracord. It's just that a real shackle takes it a step further in what can be done with it.

I didn't interpret it as an attack :)

I just wanted everyone to know that my wife has lots of other option available and is very capable if doing more than the pictures I showed here :)

The rifle sling in the picture looks much better than the picture shows. The reflective black looks sick on camera and looks 'normal' in person. There's a king cobra weave which makes it much writer and has approx 250 ft of paracord. :D

A belt would be another way to have lots of cord stored efficiently and usefully.

Show laces, wrapping a knife sheath, wrapping any of your survival gear add little bulk and lots of cord to things you would carry anyway.

Just a few outside the box suggestions :)

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    These are really easy to make. I learned way back when I was in the Air Force, but they weren't fashonable back then. I've made slings, belts, watchbands, etc.

picture.php

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    A paracord sling is a great idea! I'm sure there would be some purchasers here in INGO! :yesway:

I made a 35" (not including buckles) shoulder strap which took 50' of paracord. Just watch a couple YouTube videos and you will get the hang of it quickly.

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    We had our cub scout pack make these at one of our meetings. The boys, ages 6-11, were able to do it with just minimal assistance. Not too difficult as long as you don't care about being fancy. I'm sure adding another color cord to the bracelet would take it beyond my skill level :n00b:

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    The ones at Menard's are NOT 550, they are just cheezy cordage. If a shoestring would save your life, then those are about that good.

My kids still think they are cool. Have a spool of 550, and I swear I'm making some real ones one of these days.

HB

Nodnarb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Muncie
    My wife made a dog collar for our beagle. It used about 75ft of cord.

p0A4mPw.jpg

Soon I'm going to have her make a leash and a maybe a rifle sling.

Top Bottom