• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    Checked it out today. I' m going to get a membership tomorrow. Any other INGO folks members or regulars there? I'm retired so I can go during the week when it's not crowded.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let me tell you about Parabellum, in Avon.

I have been there a number of times now. The first time was with the bulk of the INGO staff, when the facility was still fairly new. The last time I went with my father, and this is what I want to tell you about. My dad means everything to me, and I would do anything for him. He has a type of cancer for which there is no cure, and his fight has been devastating. He was the one who introduced me to shooting when I was a youngster, and the hobby is one of the few places we have always found common ground. He doesn't feel well enough to get out very often, and when we does he now uses a wheelchair to help get around. As you might be able to imagine, this makes it impossible to go out to most conservation clubs, DNR ranges, private property, etc...to go shooting. In the summertime we go to Eagle Creek, where Mr. Relford and his staff take first-class care of my dad, but when the weather turns we have to choose from the indoor ranges.

A few weeks ago dad felt well enough to get out of the house, but the weather was terrible, so we decided to make the short trip to Avon. The range is impeccably kept. The range officers are polite and unintrusive, so long as you behave appropriately. I was blown away at how polite and accomodating the staff was with dad's wheelchair. They didn't bat an eyelid when we asked for permission for dad to shoot from his chair. He likely wouldn't have been able to shoot at all if not for that. I didn't shoot much. I just watched dad shoot, mostly.

I still love Eagle Creek, but as long as Parabellum is open I'll drive past any other indoor range in town to go shooting there. They have earned my repeat business.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was there today. It's my favorite indoor range. The staff is always nice and it's spacious enough that you're normally not right on top of each other. The prices are right in line with most other indoor ranges, and even cheaper if you can go during the day time.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Pretty cool place to shoot matches and really friendly staff. Air could use some improvement though but better than last year.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Really nice place. i took my sister from NY there. she has never held a gun before and loved the place. she even mentioned trying to get one. although in NYC its near impossible

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    Thanks for the quick replys. Makes my decision easier. I think my winter shooting frequency will dramatically increase starting tomorrow!

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Don't forget to get a punch card. The 6th lane rental is free. I've been there a lot of times to either fully function check a gun or just spend some time punching holes in paper. Either way it's always a good time.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Woo-Hoo. Half day at work tomorrow...guess I need to "get out of the house" and take in PB's lunch special. It's been a few months since my last visit but I enjoy the drive up. I've never had a problem with staff or operation while there.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    Don't forget to get a punch card. The 6th lane rental is free. I've been there a lot of times to either fully function check a gun or just spend some time punching holes in paper. Either way it's always a good time.

I saw that on their website. I am going to get the annual membership, so no daily range fee. I am sure my ammo cost will go up. I live close.

The Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Parabellum's my go-to range. Nicest indoor one I've been to and happens to be the closest to me to boot. I'll have to look into that punch card next time I go (don't make it out often enough yet to make a membership worth it financially).

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Parabellum is five minutes from my house, and is my go-to range. I've only had positive experiences there - including a recent USPSA event.

happysmitie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    crawfordsville
    yep , great place ! been there a few times and am going to go at end of this month also . would have a membership but it is a little drive from where i live . have taken lady friend and some of he family also . amazing at how many females shoot there ! thats great !

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    After having several guns, loaded and not, pointed at me from people loading at the back tables, I will never go back. I came back in after packing up (firearms on the line, bring cases to the firearms and keep downrange until cased), told them about the issue. Only response from an old guy from behind the counter, (paraphrased) "As long as they aren't loaded, I don't really care." I put my visit card on the counter (with two punches left), said I would not need it again, and left.

I've worked at ranges, and been to a myriad of them. I've been to places where they allow you to take your firearms to back tables. But I've yet to go to a place that had people loading magazines into guns at the back table and the people watching the place have disregard for it.

The various times I've been there, I have yet to see an RO on the line, just two guys behind the counter, swapping stories, not even occasionally glancing at the monitor. Guess I was there at the wrong times.

Top Bottom