• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I wish gun owners put the same amount of effort into sending a simple FREE email to their elected officials letting them know that you are holding them accountable for keeping their oath and not infringing on the 2nd amendment, as they do posting on ingo or searching the internet for deals.
    If all you do is ***** like a woman but do nothing real about protect ing your 2nd amendment or other rights then you are a waste of oxygen.
    Write and call your congressman and senators. If you don't know who they are then pm me and I'll help you find which district you live in.
    Indiana has 2 senators for the whole state. They BOTH represent you. One is a gun grabber joe Donnelly a Democrat. And the other is a republocan Todd young. Email them both for a start and then we will find your congressman. Email the president too! I'm serious.
    Please do something real. Everyone in this thread whining should be typing an email. Send them weekly or even daily. They all work for you so as long as you keep it civil you won't get into any trouble sending them daily and eventualy they will send you a personal response, trust me I know and have proof.
    I see and hear lots of big talkers in the gun community about how they will never give up their guns bla bla bla, but some of those same people have never wrote or called their elected official ever. So if yuou aren't willing to take basic simple steps afforded to you in times of peace then will you ever fight for your rights? **** no you won't. You will be first in line to hand them over or you will let other MEN do your work.
    Be a man now and send some emails. Or be a wimp and do nothing.
    Men have died to give you the right to send an email, honor their sacrifice and send an email. You owe them that at least.
    Also I used to think it was wrong for some gun owners to jack up prices in times of panic and sell high to their fellow gun community.
    I have changed my opinion on this. If you are so stupid as not to already own at least one semi auto pistol and AR15 and the ammo and mags to practice ECT, before a panic then you deserve to pay stupid prices for it later.
    And I'll sell you pmags for $50 all day long and laugh doing it when the times comes again. And it will come again. The tides of power shift and they will come for our guns again.

I've done my emails.

Feel free to use my links.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Quick spin around the internet:

DPMS Oracle $394 from Whittaker's, free shipping. In stock

Ruger AR556 from KyGunCo $494 In stock

Bud's Guns...cheaper AR mostly out of stock, other rifles seem to be bumped up a bit in price

GunBuyer.com...most cheaper AR rifles out of stock.

I'd wait until Father's Day at this point, but I'm not in the AR market. Bought what I wanted over the last 5 years.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Ha! Sure--among those of us who have discriminating taste in firearms. Or more money than sense. Or wish they had more money, but still have little sense. 

I've owned a few HK's over the years, had a really nice 93 at one time, you know in the 80's when they were "in". The only HK I currently own is a VP 40 L.E., yes I did say .40.
    Sold the 93 during the AWB years (1994-2004), I had paid $400 for it in 1985, sold it in 1998 for 2K. Not a bad return on an investment. And the U.S. dollar was a lot stronger back then than it is now.
    I did sort of keep us on topic of panic buying and banned weapons.

At one point I was going to buy/collect pre 89 weapons and have only managed a really nice Valmet M-76, she's pretty and a safe queen.

Last edited:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I've stocked up on reloading gear for a while. Should be good for a little while.

HOPEFULLY there won't be a panic.

Blasphemy! Can you really be 'stocked up'? That must mean you need to fill in the holes somewhere that you are lacking... Always need primers, extra projectiles... You know, rain day and all. :yesway:

EDIT: Late night , half asleep, more than usual. ;-)

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    NO PANIC BUYING. Probably won't buy as much as I had planned to in the next few weeks, as I think the best sales will not be resumed until the retailers have felt out the buying public. I (and my son) usually buy in bulk when prices are low or when we find a deal and have been doing so for over 25 years. I had planned to purchase a few more (One or 2 thousand rounds) for the pair of Grendel rifles son and I just finished up. All I bought was about 700 rounds. Like to have at least 1K for every caliber and reloading material for that many more. Oh well, just have to shoot some other calibers till this uproar is over and good sales begin again.

All of my boys have enough firearms and ammo to do all the shooting we want for several years. Then we might have to begin reloading with the several years reloading supplies we have in stock!

There is obviously Zero chance of any law that will prevent senseless mass killings using Firearms, cars, trucks, explosives, poisons etc., although there is a small chance some "feel good" law will be passed.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Once my wife's auto accident settlement comes in and we pay off the motorcycles early as well as some credit cards for a cruise so we could bank some point we both decided to have a 125 per month allowance to buy whatever we want and do whatever with it. I know I could do a lot with that money when it comes to reloading stuff and mags. Though there are a few more C&R guns i would like to add.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Topped off some calibers about a week before the bad stuff happened. I do have a few Cabela's bucks to spend, but I can't bring myself to use it on a magazine that is $5-6 more that it probably should be, even if it is technically free. :dunno:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Stopped at ZX the other day and asked about Anderson stripped lowers. Showed in stock on the website for $49.99. Asked sales person and was told sure we have them, $54.99 each. I commented on the price and the reply was, "Yah, due to the current situation of things". Gouging is prettymuch instantaneous.
    5 bucks isnt gouging... watching a gun store that the day before the Newtown shooting at the AR upper I wanted for 399.99 jump it to over 1500 3 days later was gouging. It's not right but its not really gouging either. That said, I refuse to shop at any store that blatantly does that. Luckily, the 2 stores here locally actually didn't raise prices during all that so they get 100 percent of my business to this day.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    5 bucks isnt gouging... watching a gun store that the day before the Newtown shooting at the AR upper I wanted for 399.99 jump it to over 1500 3 days later was gouging. It's not right but its not really gouging either. That said, I refuse to shop at any store that blatantly does that. Luckily, the 2 stores here locally actually didn't raise prices during all that so they get 100 percent of my business to this day.

Plus I see price increases from internet to in store sales all the time. Try going into Blythes and expect the same price on a firearm that is on their website. I usually get a higher price of $50 - $100.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    As clint smith from thunder ranch said you can't have enough mags. Well I buy some here and there. I really want to get into reloading for 357 (was going to do 9 but ammo is alot cheaper now) and would like to reload 308 or 30-06. Then once I finally have what I feel is adequate I'll want to buy a 44mag or 45lc and then start the process over.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Rural King has them today for $39.99

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    I picked up a couple stripped lowers today. That's about the extent of my panic buying. Unfortunately there are no lower parts to be had anywhere!

Top Bottom