• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    I've owned a few HK's over the years, had a really nice 93 at one time, you know in the 80's when they were "in". The only HK I currently own is a VP 40 L.E., yes I did say .40.
    Sold the 93 during the AWB years (1994-2004), I had paid $400 for it in 1985, sold it in 1998 for 2K. Not a bad return on an investment. And the U.S. dollar was a lot stronger back then than it is now.
    I did sort of keep us on topic of panic buying and banned weapons.

At one point I was going to buy/collect pre 89 weapons and have only managed a really nice Valmet M-76, she's pretty and a safe queen.

I bought an HK93 off a fellow Army officer in 1995 for $750. I still have it, and I'm not selling!

I think I'll continue to stock up on hicap mags for my rifles and handguns---which I always try to do anyway, but it seems like there's added incentive to do it in light of current events.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Stopped at Rural King today in Fort Wayne.... goodness gracious what a crowd. The gun display was half empty and a lot of people buying....
    I stopped in to look for an IWI X95... didn't see one and didn't get into the mess. Every person in there was fingering AR's. I wish they had Colt, IWI etc...

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    If you were waiting to start stocking up it is too late. Unless you don't mind really punishing your CC "right now". Stockpile over time idea is long gone boys and girls. Just remember everybody we lost new full auto in 1986 under a republican and this time it may be worse.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Bought a S&W mod 19 yesterday, blue steel and walnut and only six shot capacity. Should be exempt from restrictions, at least for awhile.

But it says Smith and Wesson so it makes it a class 6 deadly firearm. That's only one step below nuclear weapons.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    Talked to friends at Hoosier Armory and Point Blank this week about this. Both shops said business as usual.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Talked to friends at Hoosier Armory and Point Blank this week about this. Both shops said business as usual.

That's what I have seen, I haven't seen any panic buying. Went to a pretty big gunshow in MI yesterday, good crowds but I didn't see much actual buying going on. Prices were good too, not inflated at all.

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Just left my local walmart. To be honest, I don't see as much panic buying as the Obama's rifle ban scare. The 100rd. Fed boxes of .223 that were going for $35 were all gone. The 150rd box of XM855 for $70 was still plentiful though. I sneaked the last little 20rd box of American Eagle that was left behind for $7.35 with tax. I also just purchased 90rds of XM855 from buds for $35 shipped. Plan on getting as much on that deal as possible without breaking the bank. Also went to the Terre Haute show. I did see a Omni AR Pistol for $400. I have an 16" PSA AR. I just need an AK variant and a AR Pistol.

stoneytoney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    indy
    Also, the Tri State Gun Show is next weekend. I'm patiently waiting for this one. I've went twice with pretty good turnouts. Definitely going to be watching ammo, pmags, AR, and AK variant inventory. I think this will tell me where other people's minds are at. I'm wanting to personally get at least 5 PMags (willing to pay $15 at most), (2) 40 s&w Glock Mags, and .223 ammo ($35 or less for 100rds)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Also, the Tri State Gun Show is next weekend. I'm patiently waiting for this one. I've went twice with pretty good turnouts. Definitely going to be watching ammo, pmags, AR, and AK variant inventory. I think this will tell me where other people's minds are at. I'm wanting to personally get at least 5 PMags (willing to pay $15 at most), (2) 40 s&w Glock Mags, and .223 ammo ($35 or less for 100rds)
    If you want Pmags, check Palmetto State Armory. $7.99 each with the coupon code PMAG and free shipping if you order 10 or more.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    :rolleyes:

If you were waiting to start stocking up it is too late. Unless you don't mind really punishing your CC "right now". Stockpile over time idea is long gone boys and girls. Just remember everybody we lost new full auto in 1986 under a republican and this time it may be worse.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I try to stay in a panic most of the time... but I am starting to think this is going to be all smoke and not much fire. I think Trump might be willing to do some small things like raise ages, tighten background checks, etc. Nothing that will affect most of us. I don't think the bulk of the Republicans will want to open this can of worms at all. They stayed in office after the big New Town push. And most importantly, I am not sure the Dems will want to work with Trump to get anything passed, just like the situation with DACA right now.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Jerry's in Rensselaer was down to 2 AR's yesterday about noon, as well as just 2 AK's. Parking lot was FULL today about NOON.....

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've done my part. Natchez has free shipping on Federal ammo. M193 at $0.31/round delivered. I don't feel like it is panic buying when it is a consumable at a good price anyway.

Top Bottom