• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stejennings7065

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    T98 and T98 customs are ok in my opinion and will do just fine. Some others to look into are Spyder and Parana. You can buy some of them for around the same price or cheaper than T98. I have been out of the game for a few years so I don't know whats new. A good website to go to is Paintball, Skateboard, BMX, Airsoft, Apparel and Snowboard Gear at ActionVillage.com. You can veiw all kinds of guns and decide what you want. I have found Spyder / Parana are alot more versital and cheaper to upgrade. lots or companies make barrels, grips, bolts, ect. the only place to get Tippmann parts is from them. I mention upgrades because once you play, you might demand more from your gun. A good goggle is the next thing. I like JT and I like them alot. You can see out of you periferal and most come standard with a thermal lense for about $40. Which I think is mandatory, especialy in the woods. It only takes one time for your mask to fog up to make you mad. Thermal lenses help but they do not eliminate it. Also on a final note, when you play, wear long pants and long sleeves. This is so when you get hit, you don't bleed. The bleeding comes from the paintball itself breaking and the shell cutting your skin. A thin long sleeve T-shirt does just fine. Wearing thicker army BTU's work great. I have been playing paintball for about 10 years and its a blast, even my 50 year old dad loves it. hope this is helpful.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    John, you wouldnt happen to know where I might pick up an extra charger for the original angel would you? Ive got one sitting here in my closet that hasnt had a charger for years. Not even sure if its worth resurrecting at this point.

what model angel? lcd? speed? i can look through my gear and check what i've got in stock. you might also check fixmyangel.com.

worth it? i like the old angels. the one i have left is a speed 05, sold the others when we got the inverts. i would suspect that all the seals will need refurbed and the regulators rebuilt. but, yes, if you are going to paintball, it is worth it. i sometimes play with an old school autococker against the latest an greatest. it's fun.

Last edited:

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    what model angel? lcd? speed? i can look through my gear and check what i've got in stock. you might also check fixmyangel.com.

worth it? i like the old angels. the one i have left is a speed 05, sold the others when we got the inverts. i would suspect that all the seals will need refurbed and the regulators rebuilt. but, yes, if you are going to paintball, it is worth it. i sometimes play with an old school autococker against the latest an greatest. it's fun.

Its the original model angel "LED". I had cobra paintball in oceanside refurb it back when I still lived in san diego and when they were the major service techs on the west coast, but that was over 10 years ago. Heck I bet the apocalypse and raptor tanks I have need to be refurbed as well... I think I even managed to lose the full auto board. Goes to show you what happens when you move across the country one box at a time.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I live about a mile and half from the Tippman factory so everyone around here has Tippmans they are good quality markers. I had two Tippman 98s, they were great guns. Now I have an A5, its even better. If you can get A5s, mine will fire as fast as I can pull the trigger and has never jammed.

JBrockman sounds great, count me in.

Top Bottom