• ...and so much more!
  • tge45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Allen CO
    Greetings,
    I've checked the 1911 forums, some report extraction problems with the TCM22. Anybody have first hand experience with this caliber and RIA pistols in general?

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    The only problem that I have had is that my slide locks back with one round left in the mag every time. Other than that I love mine.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've got 2, both tactical models, one in 9mm one in 45. Never had an issue with either.
    The dealer I bought from has the 22tcm and said its a blast to shoot.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Bought a RIA commander length model 18 mos ago and have run 5,000 rds of 230 gr RN lead thru it w/o any issues......Have several shooting partners that have RIA's and have shot them for years w/o issues.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It wasn't mine, but at a get together we all shot one of the participant's TCM. After about 3-4 magazines the recoil spring broke. It was brand new prior to that day. I have no idea if its common or not.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    It wasn't mine, but at a get together we all shot one of the participant's TCM. After about 3-4 magazines the recoil spring broke. It was brand new prior to that day. I have no idea if its common or not.

sounds as if it had a to light of spring from the factory and it stacked and broke.....i would say with the velocity of the round the slide would move back pretty quick so a 18 or 20# would be factory but i don't know as i have never messed with one....

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    TCM has an 8# recoil spring. I have a full size and commander and never a problem with either. I've probably got a couple hundred rounds through the commander (haven't shot the full size much since getting the commander) and it's one of the most enjoyable pistols I have to shoot. Very low recoil, very low effort required to retract the slide. Recoil is probably 30% of the 9MM, actually not a lot more than the SR-22 Ruger. It does have quite a "pop" when you fire it but I've yet to have someone shoot it that didn't say they enjoyed it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    TCM has an 8# recoil spring. I have a full size and commander and never a problem with either. I've probably got a couple hundred rounds through the commander (haven't shot the full size much since getting the commander) and it's one of the most enjoyable pistols I have to shoot. Very low recoil, very low effort required to retract the slide. Recoil is probably 30% of the 9MM, actually not a lot more than the SR-22 Ruger. It does have quite a "pop" when you fire it but I've yet to have someone shootthat didn't say they enjoyed it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

i would have thought it would have been snapper.......thanks for the info....

EGParatrooper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    I have an RIA GI model .45 5", I put an average of 300+ rounds a month down range, never had a misfire or misfeed! I keep it cIeaned and lightly lubed, and reload for target practice.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I have a .22TCM RIA 1911. There are a number of folks that have had issues with stuck cartridges (failure to extract). I have had this issue, but I believe it is more of an ammo issue than a gun issue. Armscor is the only supplier of the TCM ammo, and I think there is a bit of variability in COAL, crimp, or powder load. I'm in the process of doing a comparison of Philippine produced ammo vs. US produced ammo to see if there are any differences.

Overall, the gun is great fun. A decent 1911 trigger, 18 round capacity on a 40gr bullet that exits the muzzle with a velocity of about 2,000 fps. It is very accurate, has virtually no recoil, and functions just like any other 1911 you have. I got the combo that has a 9mm barrel and recoil spring (plush a different extractor) - gun works very well on the 9mm setup and no issues with stuck cases.

nb1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Columbus
    I have a compact RIA .45 the only issue I've had is it is picky about magazines. Kimber mags and the factory armscor mags work great with no issues. My Wilson combat mags jam almost every other round. I do have to clean and lube it more often but my previous handgun was a glock so I am still new to the 1911. :ingo:

tge45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Allen CO
    Thanks to all for the info.

I did pick up a tcm22. Public thanks to ggglobert9.
    What a hoot to shoot. Only one mag through the pistol, but no problems with extraction. Fit, finish, trigger, safety function- all great. Standard grip panels a little cheep looking. Time to pick up more ammo.

jimbor509

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2014
    atlanta
    Just ran 100 rounds thru my new gun. No extraction issues, but the slid locks back with one round left in mag. I have a second mag on order and will try same next week.....jim

00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    I was looking to add another 1911 in 9mm when I came across this TCM in Jan 2015. At the price of $554 new, after the $75 rebate, I couldn't pass it up. It came with the 9mm barrel, adjustable sights, 17 round capacity and a surprisingly decent trigger. I figured if the 22 TCM goes away, ie: 22 jet, I still could not find another 1911 in 9mm with the options this one had at a better price.

I have put 400 rnds of 124 gr 9mm through it with a few failure to feeds in the first two mags and none thereafter. As for the 22 TCM it was very interesting not like anything I have shot in a handgun before. It has proven to be extremely fun to shoot with a large fireball, loud report and minimal recoil. I have only put 45 rounds of 22 TCM through it but have 455 more waiting. One of the primers on the factory Armscor 40 g jhp ammo blew out. After this incident the gun has failed to eject 22 TCM and doubled fed on every 22 TCM round thereafter. Customer service with RIA/Armscor up to this point has been exceptional. They have the pistol at this time and are working to make the 22 TCM barrel right.

I also picked up 3 new Para P-18 mags for $12 each and they fit and function great with 9mm, I have not tried the 22 TCM in them yet.

73900852-be37-4337-ade1-471531459dde.jpg

9mm 20 yards
    2015-02-05%2016.45.50.jpg

I tried to test the accuracy of the 22 TCM but they were all over the paper at 20 yards, I suspect it is the ammo. The 45 rounds of 22 TCM I fired have flattened and cratered primers with one blown out. I suspect over pressure but I have no experience with this cartridge and have seen no pressures advertised.
    2015-02-05%2016.26.19.jpg

Top Bottom