• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I welded for 6 years and wore a leather cape sleeve with bib on the front. I never had a fan blowing on me either. I had to wear a heavy cotton long sleeve shirt under it. I would have the leather soaked through in no time. Every now and then, I'd stand in front of a fan for a few minutes to cool off.

I wear a long sleeve t shirt now and try to wear a sweatshirt until after it hits at least 70 degrees. Everybody else here has fans blowing directly on them when it's 60 degrees in the plant. I try to build my tolerance to the heat long before it gets here. I'll take 90+ degrees in the plant over cold weather any day.

I see people in here with their shirt sleeves taped up and sponge bands on and they act as though they are dying. People seem to have an aversion to sweat. I'd rather be in an all out sweat. I can't stand it when the sack sticks to my legs.

2 ways to tell if you don't have enough fluid in your body. Your **** is yellow or you're getting a headache. Drink enough water and you'd be amazed at the temperatures your body can handle.

slinkus25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    long sleeved shirt and a cowboy hat are what I use to beat the heat. That and many gallons of gatorade ( buy the powder its way cheaper). All the radiant heat from the 4020 I ride still makes me feel like I'm in an oven.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Quit luggin your heavy purse everywhere you go and get your dress out of your face. That should help. I know adjusting your body to tolerate higher temperatures seemed to work for me. Workin in a 120 degree mechanical room and then torching some 6" copper makes 100 degrees seem awful cool. Water has worked fine for me no need for Gatorade or anything like that.

Top Bottom